Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Required files for Mordor
Braindead's Mordor Site - Return to Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Technical Support
Danjen
Anyone have a list of what dependencies and stuff I need to actually install it? I made a virtual Windows XP drive, and while it was set up correctly, I'm in the process of manually downloading each individual .vbx file it needs, which takes about 10-15 minutes per file, depending on how fast I can find it and transfer it. I did install the VB6 runtime files, but it needs more, it would seem.
Danjen
Oh excellent!
Danjen
Okay, M1 works like a charm now, and hasn't crashed once! Only problem is that Virtual PC seems a tad slow.
thermopyle
Yeah, I had the same issue. What type of system do you have?
Danjen
Vista 32 bit home edition with SP1.

Got 2 gigs of ram and a duo 1.5 ghz processor.
rb10c
VPC is indeed slow, but very easy, with the ability to mount hard drives.

What guest OS are you using? 95, 98 or XP?

98 I use, as it is not as intensive as xp, but has core files unlike 95.

Speed is not an issue in mordor, though. That is what makes it cope-able.

A little cheat/exploit for VPC users: VPC has time synchronisation. So... if you set the time an hour ahead on the guest OS, you enter a room and fight. Time synchro then notices it and shoots back to the original time, so you can then re-enter the room to refight. Good with twisted elves!
Danjen
Well, like I said in another thread, pirating a copy wouldn't work because of my low bandwidth limit. However, I did find a disc of XP home edition kicking around, from when my aunt donated me her old computer.

Also, I haven't set the time sync up yet, so time only flows when the game is running it would seem. Might have to enable that, or fiddle with the clock to get the right respawns (doesn't seem too bad as it is, though). Actually that's a good question I have for respawns: it apparently repopulates the whole dungeon at midnight, but that seems to be hit or miss for me; about how long does it take roughly for a normal respawn cycle?
thermopyle
15 minutes from when you cleared the room.
Danjen
One mystery solved.
rb10c
I physically can't disable time sync. I thought it was an hour for respawn!

I am using VPC7 for mac, whether that makes a difference or not, I don't know.
thermopyle
Nope, 15 minutes. You can tell this pretty easily if you make a dungeon trip and come back up via the same method (rather than teleporting both ways or something like that.) I'll often start running into monsters showing back up when I'm heading back to town and treading over the same ground in the process. smile.gif
Nudibranch
Actually... it's dependent on dungeon level. It's 15 minutes for level 1, almost an hour for level 15. And it takes twice as long if you haven't killed the monsters in the room.
thermopyle
Hmm...that's odd. I've noticed it seems to be around 15 minutes down to level 6. The dungeon is repopulating very evenly for me.
aardless
Yeah, it's how Nudi said for me too, about an hour for level 15 and 10 or 15 minutes for level 1. However I do remember a couple of people years ago reporting that for them the whole dungeon respawned in 15 minutes. Might it be a hacked version? Or some rare OS flavour like Win 2000? Or just weird bug with the clock? dntknw.gif
Nudibranch
Every room respawns at midnight... unless you cleared out that room just after midnight the last time.
Danjen
That just doesn't happen for me, though. I could clear it 5 mins before and it won't repopulate once it ticks over.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.