Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hex Editing in Mordor
Braindead's Mordor Site - Return to Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Modding And Development
Shanetherocker
Hey guys, I'm a long time Mordor player and have been to this site many times, but finally have something useful to post. I've been playing around with mdata4 in a hex editor because I wanted to be able to edit characters who are of newly created races and in newly created guilds that I made with Wabbit's editor. Here is what I have found out so far. I did not test a whole lot, but hopefully these numbers are correct.

Hex Editing in Mordor

by Shane Lange

Search for the character's name first and move over the distance for the desired statistics. To do this, convert current square from hex into dec and add the
desired number of squares. Then, convert back from dec to hex and find the desired square.

Statistic, Distance in squares (bytes) from start of character name

Sex 34
00 Male
01 Female

Alignment 32
00 Good
01 Neutral
02 Evil

Race 30
00-08 in order they appear at creation
09+ for created races
'
Hits 1662/1664
Current/Full

Strength 56
Intelligence 58
Wisdom 60
Constitution 62
Charisma 64
Dexterity 66

Attack/Defense 50/54
Multiplied by 8 in mdata4

Location (44,46,42) (x,y,level)
City at (9,11,0)

Status 2671
00 Alive (make sure to refill hits also)
01 Dead

Guild Levels
Nomad 1678
Warrior 1702
Paladin 1726
Ninja 1750
Villain 1774
Seeker 1798
Theif 1822
Scavenger 1846
Mage 1870
Sorcerer 1894
Wizard 1918
Healer 1942
guild 13 1966
guild 14 1990
guild 15 2014
guild 16 2038

Guild Experience
Multiplied by 39.0625 in mdata4

Nomad 1681
Warrior 1705
Paladin 1729
Ninja 1753
Villain 1777
Seeker 1781
Theif 1825
Scavenger 1849
Mage 1873
Sorcerer 1897
Wizard 1921
Healer 1945

Note: This pattern does not work for created guilds. To add experience in a created guild, make the guild the character's current guild and then change total experience. I was not able to find the experience for created guilds. It should be stored somewhere though. Maybe it doesn't use the multiplier??

Total Experience 1647
Multiplied by 39.0625 in mdata4

Possesions 72+(18*slot#)
ID number
2 bytes
Alignment
1 byte
00 unaligned
01 good
02 neutral
03 evil

Charges 3 bytes
Equipped 1 byte
00 no, 01 yes

Bank Possesions 810 + (18*bank slot)
same as possesions

Numbers must be converted to hexidecimal before entered in and strings longer than 1 byte must be reversed. For example, If you want to enter 1000, first convert to hex for 03 E8, then put bytes in reverse order to get E8 03, the desired entry.

Kingkirki_49
I dont know, I just use a Mordor customiser. I congratulate you for being able to use a Hex editor. I would probaly kill my game xD laugh.gif

EDIT: Removed the quote. The quote was too long wallbash.gif
grobblewobble
To add experience in a created guild, make the guild the character's current guild and then change total experience.

So this means you can't create more than 1 new guild?
Danjen
Why only 1? I would imagine you could make either zero or an infinite amount...
In any case, the data -- if custom guilds indeed work -- may be appended near the end.
Kingkirki_49
QUOTE (Danjen @ Dec 9 2009, 09:57 PM) *
Why only 1? I would imagine you could make either zero or an infinite amount...
In any case, the data -- if custom guilds indeed work -- may be appended near the end.

Either way, make a guild that can cast all spells and use all items or a guild that can use warrior weppons with mage and/or sorcerer spells. tongue.gif
Danjen
If *I* did that, it would have a downside; ie, high item level requirements, and very slow advancement.
Kingkirki_49
QUOTE (Danjen @ Dec 9 2009, 10:27 PM) *
If *I* did that, it would have a downside; ie, high item level requirements, and very slow advancement.

ROTFLMAO!

That would suck and be funny at the same time! laugh.gif
grobblewobble
Danjen:

The way I understood the quoted text, is that if you want to have a character gain XP in a newly created guild, you can only do so by increasing the total XP. So the game can calculate how much XP belongs to the new guild: total XP - the sum of XP in other guilds.

If that is the way it works, it breaks down when you have more than one new guild.
Danjen
Ah, I see. Couldn't you change that so the character gains the appropriate experience, or would that be hard coded?
Shanetherocker
You can create more than one custom guild. I just could not find where the experience is stored in mdata4. There are zeros where it the experience should be. I tried gaining some experience with a character in a custom guild and searching for that same amount, but could not find it. I tried having a character gain experience in two seperate custom guilds. The first custom guild experience was not stored anywhere that I could find, but the second custom guild experience was stored 1951 squares after the start of the character name. It seems only the first custom guild joined is calculated by using total experience minus the sum of all other guild experience, and subsequent custom guild experience is stored by itself in mdata4.
Crashland
QUOTE (Shanetherocker @ Dec 10 2009, 09:00 PM) *
You can create more than one custom guild. I just could not find where the experience is stored in mdata4. There are zeros where it the experience should be. I tried gaining some experience with a character in a custom guild and searching for that same amount, but could not find it. I tried having a character gain experience in two seperate custom guilds. The first custom guild experience was not stored anywhere that I could find, but the second custom guild experience was stored 1951 squares after the start of the character name. It seems only the first custom guild joined is calculated by using total experience minus the sum of all other guild experience, and subsequent custom guild experience is stored by itself in mdata4.

I believe the awkward coding used in Mordor might explain that behavior.
Braindead
http://mordor.uni.cc/Mdata4.mdr

you might want to update the info on the wiki Shane wink.gif
kyndig
First post on here as I just got back into playing with Mordor recently... I decided a few hours into an Elf Healer that I would rather be a dwarf. A bit of fumbling with editors that refused to work later and I found myself staring at hex to solve my problem. mad.gif While this post was very helpful overall I do want to clear up one thing that took me a couple of minutes. The offsets that are provided for the data fields are all starting relative to the beginning of the record. The first byte of the record is the first letter in the character's name, which is byte 0. There is a static 30 devoted to a character's name with the next byte being their race. In my case i changed the byte at offset 0x1E (right after spaces) from 0x01 to 0x04 to become a dwarf! ok.gif

Hopefully this helps someone else down the road or at least saves them a few minutes. cool.gif
Danjen
Well that's good to know
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.