Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T'Mana and Dragon Turtle mod
Braindead's Mordor Site - Return to Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol > Modding And Development
aardless
File Name: T'Mana and Dragon Turtle mod
File Submitter: aardless
File Submitted: 22 Dec 2007
File Updated: 28 Feb 2011
File Category: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol

Mod that fixes T'Mana's, Dragon Turtle's and Shadow Ninja's values so they can spawn. Updated, thanks to Grobblewobble.
Usage: download, unzip, find the Mordor/data folder and back-up the mdata5.mdr file that resides there, then copy or move the modded file there.

Click here to download this file
grobblewobble
Excellent mod Aardless!

However, it seems that something went wrong with the resistances of the indigini.

Nakovant: 45% res against everything
Nabutu: 160% res against everything
T'Mana: 258% res against everything
T'Kovant: 268% res against everything
T'Butu: 330% res against everything

The other indigini are normal.
aardless
dry.gif I'll get around to fix that in the coming days, thanks for mentioning it Grobble. Changing stuff in Wabbit's editor tends to have some unexpected consequences.
grobblewobble
I repaired my own version with Slimey's editor. If you like I can send you the resulting file, but I am not 100% sure that I didn't accidentily damage something else.

I love this mod, it feels so good to be able to meet all the monsters in the way that was originally intended. I can heartily recommend it to everyone. ok.gif

In fact I would be in favour of making a pinned announcement under general discussion that the original Mordor unfortunately misses some monsters due to a bug and that there is a mod available to fix it.
aardless
QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Mar 31 2009, 10:29 AM) *
I repaired my own version with Slimey's editor. If you like I can send you the resulting file, but I am not 100% sure that I didn't accidentily damage something else.
laugh.gif ever the curse of editors. Feel free to send the file. I wonder if there's an easy way to compare the two files and see what was changed.
QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Mar 31 2009, 10:29 AM) *
I love this mod, it feels so good to be able to meet all the monsters in the way that was originally intended. I can heartily recommend it to everyone. ok.gif

In fact I would be in favour of making a pinned announcement under general discussion that the original Mordor unfortunately misses some monsters due to a bug and that there is a mod available to fix it.
That's a good idea, however there's already a ton of pinned topics, all of which have their place there. Hmm, I'll think on it.
Danjen
QUOTE (aardless @ Apr 7 2009, 08:54 PM) *
there's already a ton of pinned topics, all of which have their place there

Why not make a directory thread with links to all of the other sticky threads and (possibly) unsticky them?
grobblewobble
I suddenly realized there's another issue with the mod. T'manas (as well as some other indigini, I think) are accompanied by animals for some reason. This is not how it is supposed to be, is it?

This did not happen because of my edit; it was already like that before I made any change. It's just that I didn't realize any earlier that something was wrong.

Why not make a directory thread with links to all of the other sticky threads and (possibly) unsticky them?

I don't think that would be such a good idea. The reason those topics are pinned in the first place is to increase their visibility. Putting them in a subdirectory would make them less visible.

EDIT
The following indigini erroneously have animals for companions:
Nakovant
Nabutu
Nalanea
T'Mana
T'Butu
T'Kovant

I tried to fix this issue with Wabbit's editor. That helped, except that (so far) I don't see any T'Manas anymore!

EDIT
Ah, wait! In an older post Aardless said:
For the most part Indigini should now spawn with Animal companions . This is because one of the unknowns in Wabbit's editor determines what companions a monster will have. For Indigini they almost all point to numbers belonging to Animals. This is in contrast with the companion Type which was Indigini for all Indigini. Since the program couldn't find an Indigini with Animal number they never had companions.

So the animal companions are an intended part of the game, I see. I think that the companion issue and the T'Mana no-show bug were related, since T'Mana stopped showing up when I reset the companion type to indigini.

Also:
. For Shadow Ninjas to work, I had to change the ID# of Morguls to 275. It's entirely possible you won't meet them anymore, but I figure the loss is acceptable.

I am happy to say that I did meet Morguls. So far I have not seen a Shadow Ninja, but that's just because I am not in that part of the dungeon yet. Dragon turtles appear as they should.

Shadow Ninjas may be buggy still: I tried casting WoD at one and I obtained a "Spell Failed" message, which is simply impossible.

The problem is resistances again. Both Dragon Turtle and Shadow Ninja had over 100% resistance to everything.

I have now thrown away my latest version of MDATA5 with the wrong companions and repaired your original mod file. I have restored all resistances to their correct values. Also, I used an hex editor to compare files, to ensure that I didn't mess anything up. I will send you the resulting file.
aardless
Ok, the download has been updated. And yes you are quite correct about the animal companions, at least we get to see something new. happy.gif
npsuber
So I've been vigorously searching for a Shadow Ninja since this came out (btw, thanks aardless & grobblewobble), but to no avail. Lots of T'Manas and more than a few Dungeon Turtles, but no Shadow Ninja. But, on the bright side, while I was looking for the Shadow Ninja, I came across my first Black Gremlin. Little sucker got away before I could kill it, but at least I have the sighting.
aardless
They shouldn't be that rare actually. Of coure they are level 16, so you'll only meet them in studded rooms, but therre's five or six stud rooms on level 15 that are set to spawn Warriors. I wonder if the no-spawn bug hit again?
npsuber
I've been clearing level 15 at least once a day, but no joy. What's the no spawn bug?
aardless
It's the bug that this mod attempts to fix. I'll see if I can summon enough energy to investigate the matter.
npsuber
I can now say I have met the illusive Shadow Ninja. He said hello with a 480 hit blow. He was not permitted to say anything after that. cool.gif
Twilight *slayer*
whats wrong with all of this without the mod, like what needed fixing?
grobblewobble
Twilight, this mod fixes a few no-spawn bugs. That is, some monster encounters that are in the monster list that never appeared in the original game now appear like they should.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.