post Sep 13 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #321

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 248
referrer:Google

QUOTE (sneroplex @ Sep 10 2017, 01:12 PM) *
Wow, impressive guild levels for sure!

Have fun with Demise, I too think I will be going back to that game shortly now that I've made more progress in Mordor than I ever have before. It is every bit as fun, addicting and grindworthy as Mordor. Going from Mordor to Demise I think you'll get into it, it feels so familiar yet there is so much more to discover in that game.

Just watch out for excessive guild penalties and you should be fine laugh.gif.

Yeah, I'm dealing with that now...

Although apparently keeping guild levels even (gain 10 in one, 10 in the other, ad infinitum) is one way to avoid a serious penalty, although the penalty still hurts...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Sep 15 2017, 08:37 PM
Post #322

Drifter

Member No.: 609
referrer:Once you discover Mordor, there will always be Mordor.

QUOTE (Hopper @ Sep 13 2017, 06:58 PM) *
Yeah, I'm dealing with that now...

Although apparently keeping guild levels even (gain 10 in one, 10 in the other, ad infinitum) is one way to avoid a serious penalty, although the penalty still hurts...

Unfortunately the hurtful part isn't just the "idle penalty" you get from parking a guild and leveling another one. The problem is that as you gain skills in other guilds (particularly fighting guilds) your experience penalty grows drastically in your off-guild(s), IIRC it caps out at a 2.5x rate. Imagine trying to level a spell casting guild and permanently requiring 2.5 times as much experience as normal to gain levels.

The best approach seems to be sticking to a single guild for the long haul with some support guilds, using hybrid guilds, or taking a guild to a certain target level before dropping it for good and switching to another one.

Sorry this has gotten off topic. If you wanted a party that looks like your Mordor one you posted earlier, they'd have pretty insane guild penalties for some redundant skills. Demise seems to work more fluidly when your characters stick to a particular role, rather than trying to be a master at everything.

Good luck!

--------------------
Boromir said it best: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

+Quote Post
Roland
post Oct 24 2017, 11:46 PM
Post #323

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408

Updated levels.

Frar - Dwarf - 755 hits
Nomad 85
Seeker 325
Thief 325
Sorceror 227

Andvari - Dwarf - 990 hits
Nomad 225
Warrior 297
Healer 227

Justin - Gnome - 818 hits
Nomad 225
Paladin 287
Mage 227

Justin is currently accompanied by a Lamurian Guard and a Golden Eagle. I'm beginning to explore 15, but staying out of the stud rooms for now.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 10 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #324

Mentor

Wow - it's been a year and a half since I last posted my party's levels. Here is where they are currently at:

Frar - Dwarf - 999 hits
Nomad 85
Seeker 525
Thief 435
Sorceror 335

Andvari - Dwarf - 997 hits
Nomad 225
Warrior 525
Healer 335

Justin - Gnome - 999 hits
Nomad 225
Paladin 525
Mage 335

Justin still likes to keep Golden Eagles and Lamurian Warriors as companions. The party has encountered and defeated every monster in the game except the Phoenix, which continues to elude them. They're still looking for a third Blessing, among other items.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 10 2019, 11:39 PM
Post #325

Mentor

I forgot to mention that these characters are all still young - 21, 22, and 20 years, respectively.

+Quote Post
grumpsey
post May 13 2019, 01:11 AM
Post #326

Journeyman

Member No.: 8,723

QUOTE (Roland @ May 11 2019, 09:39 AM) *
I forgot to mention that these characters are all still young - 21, 22, and 20 years, respectively.

Nice Rolands - at what point do you decide to start a new challenge! Maybe a solo char? Seems like the dungeon would be a cake walk for you now with that party!

My Budding Team is currently -

Druwid - Human - 506hp
Warrior 180
Sorcerer 67
Healer 32

Seeka - Giant - 604hp
Warrior 202
Seeker 67

Grumpsey - Human - 340hp
Nomad 195
Healer 33
Thief 60

And YES Grumpsey is getting 1hp per lvl from nomad tongue.gif I can hear the snickers! I got two very rough quests early on which I waited too long to complete - ended up deciding to just cruise up nomad for the a/d and to cast high lvl bug heals / wear high lvl items and sacrifice the hp. Goal is just to kill asmo - not looking to play for the long long game with this party.

Currently mapping lvl 13 - told myself once Grumpsey is 197 I will raise thief to 100 then take the plunge to 14!
Edit - typo

This post has been edited by grumpsey: Jun 18 2019, 05:53 AM

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 13 2019, 09:02 PM
Post #327

Mentor

QUOTE (grumpsey @ May 12 2019, 09:11 PM) *
Nice Rolands - at what point do you decide to start a new challenge! Maybe a solo char? Seems like the dungeon would be a cake walk for you now with that party!

Some months back I created a solo evil Morloch - there is a separate thread on his adventures. He had reached a level where he could use several items that I had not yet found, so I decided to run my high-level party for a while to see if I could find anything useful for him to use. I found my first Scarab of Life, and it was evil, so I set it aside for the Morloch. I also found Gauntlets of Slaying (e). I resumed running the solo Morloch yesterday, and he is wearing both items while leveling in Nomad.

The remaining challenges for my high-level party include finding a Phoenix (the only monster not yet recorded in my dungeon) and acquiring a third Blessing of Morash. Also, the dungeon will never be entirely safe as long as Gargantuans exist!

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 15 16 17
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 03:08 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits