IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Super Seer! (Maps with highlights by monster type.), A topic in which monsters lurk.
Mordion
post Jan 30 2013, 03:05 AM
Post #1

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

So I made some transparent .png overlays to go along with the level maps. For example, it can highlight all the rooms where Indigini can spawn. I also made an html file to make browsing easier. It would be nice if we could incorporate it into the wiki but, because of the (minor) dynamic scripting, it may not be possible.

http://bayfiles.com/file/CVhx/IxRCMm/MordorMaps.zip
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
yff
post Jan 30 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 3,976
referrer:Google ftw

Sounds mighty nice for those pesky quests... but I have to say that the download site you chose is one of the most obnoxious I've ever seen.... and no matter what combination of clicks I do, after waiting 90 seconds, I end up with a 404.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 30 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #3

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Sounds useful, going to try to download it. Feel free to upload it here too.
Edit: I think you need to register to the site before downloading? Either that or we need to install ILivid. Nice name they got there... wink.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jan 30 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Vagabond

They worked in the past, but if they have obnoxious policies now I'll find a new host. Any recommendations?

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jan 30 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #5

Vagabond

I uploaded it to the forum. It looks like it made it's own post when I did it.

http://dejenol.com/forum/index.php?automod...amp;showfile=66

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 31 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #6

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Dropbox seems good, but I haven't used it. And yes, that's normal about the thread creation. Thanks for uploading it here!

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jun 21 2015, 12:14 PM
Post #7

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

I get a ton of use out of this. Cheers!

I've only seen one area where it's off. The lake on 13 has all kinds of stuff spawning in the uppermost part of the lake, but I've never seen anything but water-dwellers there.

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jul 5 2015, 03:33 AM
Post #8

Vagabond

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 21 2015, 08:14 AM) *
I get a ton of use out of this. Cheers!

I've only seen one area where it's off. The lake on 13 has all kinds of stuff spawning in the uppermost part of the lake, but I've never seen anything but water-dwellers there.

I looked up the area in a proper map editor and the area is water dwellers only. I looks like like mdata11.dll claims theres 154 area records for level 13 and then uses 156 of them. The last two are the northern tip of the water area. My program was reporting whatever happened to be in memory past the end of the entries. Any map hacking gurus want to chime in on this?

I've updated the download with corrected maps.

This post has been edited by Mordion: Jul 5 2015, 09:41 PM

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jul 8 2015, 06:10 PM
Post #9

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

I downloaded the updated maps, and everything looks peachy! Thanks!

No idea about mdata11, besides a couple of baseless shots in the dark. I don't know how many of the map gurus are still checking in either.

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jul 9 2015, 02:02 AM
Post #10

Vagabond

I wonder who rated the Super Seer less than 5 stars. What could possibly be improved? If it actually told you where the monsters were then it wouldn't be the seer we know and love.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 11 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #11

Soldier

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

I have used the Super Seer many times, and it is usually helpful. However, it is not very accurate for Clean-Ups. I recently forfeited a Violet Fungus quest because they just were not showing up in the handful of rooms designated for Clean-Ups. Shortly after that, I encountered VFs in several rooms that were not designated by the Super Seer as Clean-Up rooms.

There have been other times when I encountered monsters in rooms the Super Seer did not know about. But it is especially bad with respect to Clean-Ups.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Sep 15 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Vagabond

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 11 2018, 06:30 PM) *
I have used the Super Seer many times, and it is usually helpful. However, it is not very accurate for Clean-Ups. I recently forfeited a Violet Fungus quest because they just were not showing up in the handful of rooms designated for Clean-Ups. Shortly after that, I encountered VFs in several rooms that were not designated by the Super Seer as Clean-Up rooms.

There have been other times when I encountered monsters in rooms the Super Seer did not know about. But it is especially bad with respect to Clean-Ups.

I’ll see if I can find the code I wrote to generate the overlays and see what’s up. I’m pretty sure it’s “correct to spec” according to the technical documentation on the wiki. (Which has some other issues I plan on correcting). Is it possible that the map for cleanups is swapped with a different creature type?

EDIT: I just cross-checked Super Seer levels 8,9, and 10 with Dalyn's Quill. They are in 100% agreement about which rooms have the cleanup spawn flag. Perhaps someone who knows the encounters are generated could weigh in.

This post has been edited by Mordion: Sep 16 2018, 01:18 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2019 - 11:20 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits