> Dungeon Respawn Rate Bug (Solved?)
Mordion
post Feb 9 2019, 09:06 PM
Post #1

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

I got (nearly) to the bottom of why some levels are respawning so fast for some people. The game increases the spawn timer by the number of spawned areas. With the gotcha that an unexplored room doesn't increment the count when it spawns for the first time. So when you clear a room for the first time it permanently decreases the spawn timer for the level by 5 seconds. This isn't all of it though because at most it decreases the timer by 16:40. (which puts level 4 at a 15minute reset, not 4min like some people are experiencing)

There is a bug where rooms spawned at exactly midnight (when the clock rolls over) don't increment the counter so when you clear the room it permanently decreases the counter by another 5 seconds.

The way to fix this is to delete MDATA10.MDR which contains spawn counts and the current contents of each room. If you do this you'll probably want to do a clear of each floor because an unexplored floor takes 16min longer to respawn than a cleared one..

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Feb 10 2019, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

Huh. Finding a bug & its cause in a 24-year-old game. 30 years from now we'll discover an Easter Egg. smile.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Feb 13 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Feb 9 2019, 11:08 PM) *
Huh. Finding a bug & its cause in a 24-year-old game. 30 years from now we'll discover an Easter Egg. smile.gif

I found a bunch of debug mode cheats too but there's no way (that I can tell) to activate them in the retail version without patching the exe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:08 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits