Hopper
post Nov 26 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #301

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 248
referrer:Google

QUOTE (jimbob @ Nov 5 2013, 06:20 PM) *
Requinex, Neutral Male Giant (999 HP, Age 25)
Main Guild: Warrior (450) Other: Seeker (200), Nomad (200)
A/D: 506/537

Ruby, Neutral Female Elf (999 HP, Age 43)
Main Guild: Sorceror (350) Other: Seeker (382), Thief (250), Healer (200), Nomad (200), Wizard (54) (I just wanted the crest)
A/D: 422/495

Aurora, Good Female Gnome (990 HP, Age 34)
Main Guild: Mage (335) Other: Paladin (353)
A/D: 411/510

Shadow, Neutral Male Osiri (746 HP, Age 19)
Main Guild: Thief (20) Other: Healer (200), Nomad (200)
A/D: 267/273

My most recent update (with my old username):

Requinex is now 66 years old (too many aging attacks, too few Dragon's Bloods). Level 404 Seeker, 454 Warrior, and 200 Nomad. A/D of 510/547, Max HP 989 (I actually do not mind HP draining attacks, since I do not have to buy a tome or waste an Aard to bring the stat back up, since I do not like how long it takes).

Ruby is now 50 years old. Level 416 Seeker, and all other levels are the same as before. A/D of 435/512, Max HP 997.

Aurora is now 57 years old. Level 356 Paladin, Level 350 Mage, and Level 200 Nomad. A/D of 431/527, Max HP 986.

Shadow is now 36 years old. Level 400 Thief, Level 278 Seeker, Level 254 Healer, Level 200 Nomad, and Level 56 Scavenger (I just wanted the crest). A/D of 379/441, Max HP 999.

I have found 2 more Blessings of Morash since picking Mordor up again (bringing the grand total up to 4 minus 1, you can guess what happened to the 4th), along with my first Sword of Flames after killing Asmodeus 20+ times.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Nov 27 2013, 01:02 PM
Post #302

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Some nice progress on your thief. Very high mage level on the gnome too. Is he running around with companions most of the time?

Lots of seeker levels in that party, too. Teleporting around should be easy.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Nov 27 2013, 06:52 PM
Post #303

Drifter

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Nov 27 2013, 07:02 AM) *
Some nice progress on your thief. Very high mage level on the gnome too. Is he running around with companions most of the time?

Lots of seeker levels in that party, too. Teleporting around should be easy.

Yup, the first thing I did was power-level the thief when I picked Mordor back up. Surprisingly, he is not as good as I thought he would be at disarming traps. Level 14 and 15 traps only get one or no plus signs (and this is when he has full thief gear, including the crest). I could give him all the Blessings, but I would like for each character to have one first. The seeker levels are high for so many characters because, as you know, a neutral Elf and a neutral Osiri do not have any better choice as far as fighting guilds go.

The mage does not use companions, though (except for to kill mind twisters). Not too long ago, the thief did have a mage as a companion, but he died for the first time on level 15 because he was diseased and tripped a fate trap, knocking his HP down to 1. I knew what was going to happen next, and tried to use my buffered healing spell, but a millisecond later he dropped dead from the disease. The mage was gone, and I decided to keep it that way. The only reason I have a mage in my group is for the sake of completeness (I could have just had another sorceror, or another healer, or another warrior, but I like variety, and as many crests as I can get). I also figured a highly charismatic gnome would be useful for trying to get the most powerful monsters that cannot be charmed to join.

Also, I do not understand why field of death is knocked so much. It has the same damage stats as precognitive death, but is of the "kill" class (magic damage). I actually find it to be useful at times against the water-dwellers on 15, along with the more powerful animals and insects (that are otherwise immune or highly resistant to mind spells). At a slightly higher level (maybe 400), field of death will be doing enough damage to instantly kill most (if not all) non-boss enemies, so it will have a use against mind-resistant enemies. I also wanted to get a full confinement without the hassle of constantly recharging a ring (and having to wear it instead of a ring of splendour).

The aging is starting to look bad, though. Once a character gets past 1/4 of the maximum age, I consider it to be old (I know it is silly though, because it is like calling a 25-year old human "old"). However, I have read that once you get past 1/2 the maximum age, you can start to have complications more frequently, and that is what I am really trying to avoid. I should probably lay off of jumping into stud rooms on 15 without the proper buffers set everytime, but I am too lazy to do that. I will probably stop stepping on the stud squares once someone reaches 1/2 the maximum age, and hope for more Dragon's Blood in the meantime.

This post has been edited by Hopper: Nov 27 2013, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Nov 28 2013, 11:04 PM
Post #304

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

You need a really, really high level thief to see any sort of optimistic figures down on 15, yes..

Having a high level mage must be convenient and very cool. Some interesting damage spells, too, as you say. Field of Death is great on exceptionally large groups like piranha's and slithers.

QUOTE (Hopper @ Nov 27 2013, 07:52 PM) *
I also figured a highly charismatic gnome would be useful for trying to get the most powerful monsters that cannot be charmed to join.

You need to have him selected at the moment you first meet the monster to have the charisma count, but since two of the best charm resistant potential companions are laired (LHP and Mother of Serpents), I guess it can be arranged..

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Nov 29 2013, 07:05 PM
Post #305

Drifter

Field of Death is not really bad at all, even for monsters other than Slithers and Piranhas. Like I have said before, it has the same damage stats as Precognitive Death, so if the enemy has around 300-500 health and is mind resistant (but not magic resistant), then Field of Death will kill them. I have used it plenty of times with success against enemies like Lamurian Warriors. A couple of levels more and I will be able to reliably take out whole encounters with them. It is my main buffer for the mage because very few things are magic resistant.

I have not had much success with getting either of the laired monsters joining, but I can keep trying. I just do not visit level 12 very often at all, even to get to the Mother of Serpents.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 29 2017, 12:13 AM
Post #306

Infiltrator

Member No.: 8,408

I finally got all three characters up to 200 in their primary guilds, so I thought this was a good time to post my levels.

Frar: Dwarf
  • Nomad (85)
  • Seeker (250)
  • Thief (200)
  • Sorceror (150)

Justin: Gnome
  • Nomad (127)
  • Paladin (200)
  • Mage (125)

Andvari: Dwarf
  • Nomad (132)
  • Warrior (200)
  • Healer (125)

+Quote Post
ProfessorRaven
post May 30 2017, 11:10 PM
Post #307

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,499

QUOTE (Roland @ May 28 2017, 08:13 PM) *
I finally got all three characters up to 200 in their primary guilds, so I thought this was a good time to post my levels.

Frar: Dwarf
  • Nomad (85)
  • Seeker (250)
  • Thief (200)
  • Sorceror (150)

Justin: Gnome
  • Nomad (127)
  • Paladin (200)
  • Mage (125)

Andvari: Dwarf
  • Nomad (132)
  • Warrior (200)
  • Healer (125)

Heh, I didn't know you could level a character that far. I see I have a long way to go.
How long did it take to do that?

--------------------
You must become one with the pavement, Grasshopper.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 31 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #308

Infiltrator

QUOTE (ProfessorRaven @ May 30 2017, 07:10 PM) *
Heh, I didn't know you could level a character that far. I see I have a long way to go. How long did it take to do that?

I've been playing for around 10 months. Frar had a big head start on the other two characters - that's why he has so many more levels. But his hit points are quite a bit lower since he did not start out with maxed constitution.

These days I mostly run levels 10-12. I've made a few brief forays onto 13 to begin mapping it, but I get hit pretty hard there, so I don't stay long. I play pretty conservatively - that's why no one has died recently. In fact, Justin and Andvari have suffered only one death each - both to Medusa. (Since the second death I have mostly avoided her lair - she's not worth the risk.)

The maximum level is 999 in all guilds, but attack/defense and spellcasting abilities max out around level 500.

+Quote Post
ProfessorRaven
post Jun 1 2017, 12:28 AM
Post #309

Student

QUOTE (Roland @ May 31 2017, 03:14 PM) *
I've been playing for around 10 months. Frar had a big head start on the other two characters - that's why he has so many more levels. But his hit points are quite a bit lower since he did not start out with maxed constitution.

These days I mostly run levels 10-12. I've made a few brief forays onto 13 to begin mapping it, but I get hit pretty hard there, so I don't stay long. I play pretty conservatively - that's why no one has died recently. In fact, Justin and Andvari have suffered only one death each - both to Medusa. (Since the second death I have mostly avoided her lair - she's not worth the risk.)

The maximum level is 999 in all guilds, but attack/defense and spellcasting abilities max out around level 500.

My current characters all start out with maxed stats, which translates to a lot of grinding for stat items like tomes and potions.
It seems to be worth it though. When last I played, there was much curbstomping on the floor that I went to.
The highest I've ever gotten was in the shareware version, where I reached level 65 with a dedicated warrior character. That took a while, and like your Frar, he did not start out with maxed constitution

10 months? That makes me wonder how long it takes to "win."
Medusa sounds tough. How do you go about killing something that turns your people to stone anyway?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jun 1 2017, 01:35 AM
Post #310

Infiltrator

QUOTE (ProfessorRaven @ May 31 2017, 08:28 PM) *
Medusa sounds tough. How do you go about killing something that turns your people to stone anyway?

You have to generate a lot of damage quickly! The highest-level Sorceror spells are useful against Medusa, but you'll have to pay a lot of spell points to cast them. Otherwise, a large party armed with hard-hitting weapons like Avenger and Dwarven Hammer can do the job. Or, if you have a Mage (or Twisted Bracers), grab some dragon companions. (And, of course, cast Resist Stoning on all your characters!)

Currently, I visit the lair of Mother of Serpents early in every expedition. If my Mage has White Dragon companions (as he usually does), I can take her out in 2-3 rounds by melee. Fortunately, MoS doesn't stone!

+Quote Post
ProfessorRaven
post Jun 1 2017, 01:44 AM
Post #311

Student

That sounds really simple. I'll bet it's a lot harder than it seems, or you wouldn't avoid her.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jun 1 2017, 03:37 AM
Post #312

Infiltrator

QUOTE (ProfessorRaven @ May 31 2017, 09:44 PM) *
That sounds really simple. I'll bet it's a lot harder than it seems, or you wouldn't avoid her.

I think it would be more feasible with a four-character party than with my three characters - especially if one of the four is a Giant Warrior. As for spellcasting, I avoid casting expensive high-level Sorceror spells since my Sorceror is also my Seeker and my Thief. I need to save his points for Charm of Opening, Teleport, and re-casting resistance spells whenever he blows a blackout trap. In short, my party just isn't well configured for confronting Medusa. Or at least it wasn't back when I was running level 6 regularly. Today, with their high defenses and greater damage (and dragon companions), my party could take her out pretty quickly.

When you're running 6, the Minotaur is less deadly and drops better items.

+Quote Post
ProfessorRaven
post Jun 1 2017, 10:28 PM
Post #313

Student

QUOTE (Roland @ May 31 2017, 11:37 PM) *
I think it would be more feasible with a four-character party than with my three characters - especially if one of the four is a Giant Warrior.

You only use three characters? Also, lucky me, I believe that my warrior is a giant. I also have a thief, a sorcerer, a ninja, a seeker (I think), and a healer. These all have levels in some other guilds of course, I just can't remember what except that they all took 40 something levels in nomad for HP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Jul 9 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #314

Drifter

Member No.: 609
referrer:Once you discover Mordor, there will always be Mordor.

Here's what I got so far, I'll split it up into two parties... my first party is comprised of non-legacy characters whose purpose was to gather gear and explore the dungeon. I thought I might try to take them to the end but decided I would create new legacy characters instead, mostly because of the low HP issue on the deeper dungeon levels. All of my characters have Nomad (30).

Rhonda: Human, Female, Good
HP 540, Age 27
Warrior (59)
Ninja (194)
Scavenger (55)
Mage (175)
Died: 8, Play time: 104.3 Hrs

Betsy: Giant, Female, Neutral
HP 582, Age 26
Warrior (176)
Seeker (235)
Died: 7, Play time: 86.26 Hrs

Sneak: Dwarf, Male, Neutral
HP 546, Age 31
Warrior (149)
Thief (215)
Healer (127)
Died: 4, Play time: 97.7 Hrs

And now for the legacy characters:

Merry: Elf, Male, Good
HP 455, Age 21
Paladin (111)
Scavenger (48)
Mage (59)
Sorcerer (111)
Wizard (73)
Died: 0, Play time 58.05 Hrs

Draedth: Dwarf, Male, Neutral
HP 447, Age 18
Warrior (71)
Sorcerer (58)
Wizard (41)
Healer (60)
Died 1, Play time 26.86 Hrs

Nimor: Osiri, Male, Neutral
HP 416, Age 22
Seeker (61)
Thief (72)
Scavenger (32)
Sorcerer (59)
Wizard (41)
Healer (30)
Died: 0, Play time 31.15 Hrs

The legacy party is the one I'm currently working on. I should start seeing some pretty good progress on them once I meet their secondary guild targets.

--------------------
Boromir said it best: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Jul 10 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #315

Drifter

Figure I may as well post an update on my group as well, since I've begun playing it again.

Requinex, Male Giant Warrior, Age 40 (Finally found some Dragon's Blood)
500 Warrior
484 Seeker
200 Nomad

Aurora, Female Gnome Mage, Age 73
360 Mage
500 Paladin
200 Nomad

Ruby, Female Elf Sorceror, Age 85
400 Sorceror
466 Seeker
250 Thief (She was the thief before Shadow)
200 Healer (She was also the healer before Shadow)
200 Nomad

Shadow, Male Osiri Thief, Age 63
478 Thief
428 Seeker
332 Healer
200 Nomad

Other than Ruby, I've specialized in two guilds for each character. I just got the Nomad levels up so that Nomad wasn't stuck at 1 forever, because it looks bad. It doesn't take much experience to get to 200 Nomad either, and I'll probably add 50 more levels for each character for slightly better thieving ability (for Requinex and Aurora, anyways, so that it's not as easy to steal the copious quantities of Elixrs of Fate and Magical Dusts that I'll be carrying around soon, that are currently sitting in the bank).

I was aiming for level 500 for everyone's main guilds, but 500 Healer is going to be painful, and I'll probably stop at 350-400 instead (I'll try to at least get minimum spell cost Word of Death with Shadow). 500 Seeker for Ruby and Shadow is a goal so that they can have better fighting ability, although I'm probably at the point of diminishing returns already (they already have maximum A/D from the Seeker's guild anyways).

Shadow is a pretty good thief, although he seems to trigger teleport traps more frequently than all the other types, which is annoying because I'm too lazy to cast Soul Search and just walk to the coordinates, and know I'm risking rocking the whole group each time I use Displacement to get to him. The hardest traps other than level 16 monster traps have a 50% chance of being disarmed, which is disappointing.

Ruby is capable of doing the most damage, and Electric Field is buffered as her panic button. It kills groups of Lamurian Warriors although they are resistant to it. She does have a weak Word of Death option for the level 16 monsters that are resistant to electric damage.

Aurora's a pretty good fighter at 500 Paladin, and that is probably where I'll stop. She actually has more defense as a Mage, because she equips a Staff of Destruction with 21/24 A/D along with a Mystic Shield. Now leveling up Mage to 500 is going to be a challenge, but that is the only other guild she has that is worth joining, so that is where she'll stay.

Obviously Requinex doesn't have much choice other than Warrior and Seeker, so once I get to 500 Seeker I'll just stay in Warrior the rest of the way. He still gets turned around by rotation squares, which is annoying, but I don't think leveling up Seeker is helping much with that.

Pretty much everything on 15 is taken care of easily with this group (I even melee large groups of Gargantuans and Golden Eagles sometimes when they appear on anti-magic squares, and all the Seeker levels for the non-fighters definitely help there). Even Asmodeus and the Demon Prince go down in two rounds with my most powerful buffers set, although sometimes they manage to take one of the group out with them if both their attacks focus on one member. I'm just working on the item library right now (I downloaded the modification that causes the impossible-to-appear monsters to appear, so the monster library is at 400). I only have 310 items, though. I think I may be missing some low-level items, although I am missing plenty of high-level items (Boots of the Elven Lords, Gloves of Light, Hammer of O'Landra, etc.). I'm having no luck finding another Blessing of Morash (just about half of the Pariahs I come across don't even have a chest). I've gotten a lot of Dragon's Blood recently, though, bringing the total up to 28 (which means that my group has gotten a LOT of unnatural aging done to them to be at the ages that they are at, considering I do fully heal before entering the town).

This post has been edited by Hopper: Jul 10 2017, 02:22 AM

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 10 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #316

Infiltrator

QUOTE (Hopper @ Jul 9 2017, 10:20 PM) *
[Requinex] still gets turned around by rotation squares, which is annoying, but I don't think leveling up Seeker is helping much with that.

I think everyone gets rotated. A high perception score doesn't prevent rotation; it just means you always know which way you are facing after getting rotated. Non-Seekers get confused nearly every time they hit a rotator. But Nomads also get pretty good perception, so perhaps all those nomad levels will help.

QUOTE (Hopper @ Jul 9 2017, 10:20 PM) *
I think I may be missing some low-level items . . .

The one low-level item I'm sure I am still missing is a Ring of Death.

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Sep 9 2017, 01:48 PM
Post #317

Drifter

So since my brother has recently turned me on to Demise, I will be leaving my Mordor party for a while (hopefully to return again someday). I guess I'll go ahead and post an update on my guild levels again to show my progress (I think this is one of the more powerful parties that have been posted here, and all without cheating!)

Requinex's guild levels are as follows:
Warrior 548
Seeker 510
Nomad 250

Ruby's guild levels are as follows:
Sorceror 400
Seeker 500
Healer 352
Thief 250
Wizard 54
Nomad 200

Aurora's guild levels are as follows:
Mage 488
Paladin 500
Nomad 200

Shadow's guild levels are as follows:
Thief 600
Seeker 456
Healer 332
Scavenger 56
Nomad 200

Anyways, if this forum is still running 5+ years down the line, I'll probably be updating you guys on my return to Mordor and the progress that follows. I still have a couple of items that need to be found for a complete library, and it'd be cool to melee Asmodeus and his Flame Devils without leaving the room to heal up (that may never be possible, but one can always try), so there is still stuff to do. Hopefully I'll see you guys on the flip side.

This post has been edited by Hopper: Sep 9 2017, 10:59 PM

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 9 2017, 07:38 PM
Post #318

Infiltrator

QUOTE (Hopper @ Sep 9 2017, 09:48 AM) *
Ruby's guild levels are as follows:
Sorceror 400
Seeker 500
Sorceror 452
Thief 250
Wizard 54
Nomad 200

You listed Sorceror twice for Ruby.

Anyway, that's an impressive party!

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Sep 9 2017, 10:59 PM
Post #319

Drifter

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 9 2017, 02:38 PM) *
You listed Sorceror twice for Ruby.

Anyway, that's an impressive party!

Woops, meant to say "Healer" and "352" (Can't imagine how long it would take to get to Healer 452!) Thanks!

Now I'm working on my Demise party. Games don't suck me in like they used to, so it'll probably take a while before the Demise party is anything worth mentioning.

This post has been edited by Hopper: Sep 9 2017, 11:02 PM

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Sep 10 2017, 06:12 PM
Post #320

Drifter

Member No.: 609
referrer:Once you discover Mordor, there will always be Mordor.

QUOTE (Hopper @ Sep 9 2017, 05:59 PM) *
Woops, meant to say "Healer" and "352" (Can't imagine how long it would take to get to Healer 452!) Thanks!

Now I'm working on my Demise party. Games don't suck me in like they used to, so it'll probably take a while before the Demise party is anything worth mentioning.

Wow, impressive guild levels for sure!

Have fun with Demise, I too think I will be going back to that game shortly now that I've made more progress in Mordor than I ever have before. It is every bit as fun, addicting and grindworthy as Mordor. Going from Mordor to Demise I think you'll get into it, it feels so familiar yet there is so much more to discover in that game.

Just watch out for excessive guild penalties and you should be fine laugh.gif.

--------------------
Boromir said it best: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2020 - 08:03 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits