Paladin (100)
Wizard (81)

Solo Character:

Magrot:

356 hp

Nomad (70)
Villain (70)

Miranda

Bound for life Witch companion (very useful for the paralyzing death and high defense/hp)

Top 3 characters have a lot of grinding in front of them. I aim to level up the current guilds until I reach the next item tier. There's an avanger in the general store and I want to use it, plus I like the idea of being decked out in mithril. All those guilds make for very versatile characters individually and a solid team but were a headache to keep in relative sync with each other. Ninja and warrior are being allowed to run ahead, Wizard is still catching up with Paladin. The elf is the weakest but also my only way to cast teleport, and can fight decently enough with some healing capability when I need it. They all have blasting options but I rarely use them, because I have an awful lot of swings going. When I do blast it's nearly always as a sorcerer. level 13 is the lowest I've been and only in a few rooms at that. By that time I'm pinned and running out of primary healing. I could explore further (well stocked on healing items even after the mana goes) but I can't bring myself to kill things I'm not getting experience for.

The troll is fairly solid, he has comparable hp and A/D to the other three characters despite his lower level but usually gets pinned before he really gets pushed by the monster encounters. I know, villain, what was I thinking. all the multiclassing was giving me a headache not knowing who to level in what next so I decided to go for the only guild which offered healing, blasting, thieving and fighting all at once, albeit in limited quantities. I'm thinking of making an evil party to accompany him. Maybe a seeker/sorcerer and a pure ogre warrior. That leaves thieving, but villain has to be good for something right? right?

This post has been edited by Gwilim: Jul 5 2010, 04:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Jul 5 2010, 05:40 PM
Post #282

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

Villain has some resists and some poison spells i believe? It's supposed to be a decent class for soloing however I've never bothered to use any of them because I was mostly good.

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jul 5 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #283

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

I only really played classes that a race could join immediately. Especially in the case of spellcasting guilds, it makes those first few levels a breeze if you can just shock everything away.

+Quote Post
Gwilim
post Jul 5 2010, 07:20 PM
Post #284

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 499
referrer:search engine

QUOTE (Direnar @ Jul 5 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Villain has some resists and some poison spells i believe? It's supposed to be a decent class for soloing however I've never bothered to use any of them because I was mostly good.

Poison and leprosy, no resists some healing. At level 70 the spells are still quite dear though; spells learned at higher levels have their MP cost reduced much more slowly. There are potions for those as well as items, poison disease and drain res are fairly easy to get permanently and you can just quaff a potion if you're worried about getting stoned...

QUOTE (Danjen @ Jul 5 2010, 06:53 PM) *
I only really played classes that a race could join immediately. Especially in the case of spellcasting guilds, it makes those first few levels a breeze if you can just shock everything away.

I deliberately went for the inaccessible classes for my legacy characters. This is not my first install, I think this is the third computer I've played mordor on since back in '95 when I first found it on one of those free shareware CDs that came with magazines. Second computer I actually had (slightly) higher level characters, but I lost the data forever. An ogre warrior and a multiclassed human IIRC. Didn't get much deeper in the dungeon with those guys either.

This post has been edited by Gwilim: Jul 5 2010, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
Sandking
post Oct 13 2010, 01:54 AM
Post #285

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,425
referrer:Forgot

Finally took my first steps onto 15 today. I only stuck around long enough to kill the first monster group and find out where I was before leaving since I was near pinning, so I still have most of the level to explore. I'm probably not going to do anything serious there until I start getting some of those bread and butter spells down in cost though.

Current stats!
195 warrior
90 thief
78 seeker
78 healer
72 sorcerer
41 wizard
30 nomad

Edit: Resist 15? Haha yeah right. Went up to warrior 224, but I lost one of my companions when my habit of tapping f angered something nasty.

This post has been edited by Sandking: Oct 13 2010, 12:52 PM

+Quote Post
Painbringer
post Oct 13 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #286

Adventurer

Member No.: 373
referrer:lot of search

Restarted a couple of days ago, got to 5th floor so far (mana costs are a real pain...).

Pain: 60 Warrior
60 Healer
60 Thief
30 Nomad

Hardcore mode as always.

--------------------
Stranger, go back to Sparta and tell our people that we who were slain obeyed the code.

+Quote Post
Leech
post Jun 7 2012, 05:24 AM
Post #287

Student

Member No.: 92
referrer:I was actually browsing for Demise forums and accidentally found my way into this forum.

Woot!

Just got Mordor to actually run on Win7 64bit ok.gif

Current party:
Elf Nomad lvl21 (going sorcerer once 30, plus some other)
Gnome Nomad lvl21 (going mage once 30, Paladin later on)
Giant Warrior lvl22 (going back to Nomad once 28, Seeker later on)
Dwarf Nomad lvl21 (going thief once 30, Healer later on)

Chose elf over morloch this time to see how painfully long it will actually take to level her up.
Morloch warrior-sorc was always a fun character to play :-) Let's see how an elf something-sorc compares.

Never had a giant either, used 2 dwarves before.

This post has been edited by Leech: Jun 7 2012, 05:24 AM

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Jun 8 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #288

Soldier

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Well, having just gotten back into this awhile ago on my new computer, plus taking breaks after getting overly frustrated with the Questmaster (I mean, seriously, Tengus? Dust of Locating? Who even finds those?!) I don't have characters of TOO high of a level, however I do have one elite party that's carried me down into dungeon level 8 pretty successfully so far.

(as a note, I normally name my characters fancy stuff, but this time I named my characters in a more simple manner, to prevent confusion on who is who.)

Rex Rescue (neutral giant)
-Warrior lvl 79
-Seeker lvl 39

CheapHeals (neutral Osiri)
-Nomad lvl 30
-Healer lvl 74
-Scavenger lvl 17

LegacyPal (good Gnome)
-Paladin lvl 77
-Sorcerer lvl 36
-Mage lvl 13

GrabBagger (neutral Osiri)
-Nomad lvl 30
-Thief lvl 91
-Sorcerer lvl 18

Mostly I'm focusing on 1-2 classes, while putting in some side levels for more spell coverage or fighting skill.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
Painbringer
post Jul 9 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #289

Adventurer

Member No.: 373
referrer:lot of search

Well, it's been a while i guess.

Just installed mordor on Windows 7 64bit (VirtualBox way, tried everything else, nothing worked) so starting from scratch. Hardcore mode, one-man party as always wink.gif

--------------------
Stranger, go back to Sparta and tell our people that we who were slain obeyed the code.

+Quote Post
Crunch
post Aug 20 2012, 03:04 AM
Post #290

Explorer

Member No.: 6,039
referrer:Google

Managed to boost my warrior up to level 519 (not leveling him in Nomad of course)

Hits all the way up to 792. I'd attempt to the stud squares on occasion on level 15, but my Healer is still stuck in the mid 300s for hits. Will probably level warrior up until he gets 999 hits, then start leveling in Sorcerer to get some blasting power for him as I wait for my healer to finally start gaining hits in levels once again.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Nov 7 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #291

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

QUOTE (Crunch @ Aug 20 2012, 04:04 AM) *
Hits all the way up to 792.

Started out in nomad? Man, this game.. max hp loss is harsh.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Omlet
post Dec 5 2012, 10:23 PM
Post #292

Student

Member No.: 4,165
referrer:www.google.com ;]

Hogni - Dwarven Nomad 29, Warrior 387, Seeker 60, Thief 100, Sorcerer 75, Healer 151. He has beaten the game. Solo.

Kills: 103 253
Died: 43

Monster Quests: 93
Item Quests: 34

HP: 995

Att / Def: 503 / 586

Total Exp: 42 367 572

Interesting Items: Eliminator, White Flame Gauntlets, Paladin's Armor, 4x BoM

In 2010 I've lost my 197lv human warrior so I was too upset to play again. I started Mordor again last week and after eleven hours of dungeoneering I have two chars:

1. Dwarf NOM 48 WAR 57 THI 11 hp 434
2. Giant NOM 30 WAR 28 SEE 10 hp 347

I started Giant to obtain the crest before it becomes unavailable (eg. before my dwarf hops to lv 200 or something biggrin.gif). Now I enjoy playing this giant more than the dwarf. But still I want to try human solo game... Maybe this time my files will survive biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Omlet: Dec 5 2012, 10:24 PM

+Quote Post
Albatross
post Mar 15 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #293

Student

Member No.: 7,035
referrer:google

Here's my current team:

Kharug - Male Dwarf
Nomad 30
Warrior 81
Healer 43

Nick - Male Osiri
Nomad 30
Thief 82
Sorcerer 45

Neringa - Female Giantess
Nomad 30
Warrior 85
Seeker 41

Together they can map level 8 comfortably. Until Nick accidentally stepped on a chute, ended up on level 11, and had a very unpleasant adventure (he managed to run back up to level 9, but ran out SP and ended up in the morgue). Neringa had fallen down a chute to level 10 before too, but she managed to get herself back out due to more hits/muscle.

I really need to get Nick to work on his Sorcerer levels but it seems that I never have enough thieving ability to catch up with the level on the dungeon I'm on. Also, I'm wondering about the giantess's Seeker levels--does having a high-level seeker give you an advantage on the lower levels? I mean, she's got the basic spells, I don't need her for buffing (other than levitate), and she's got enough SP for Ethereal Portal and stuff like that.

This post has been edited by Albatross: Mar 15 2013, 01:56 AM

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 15 2013, 11:01 PM
Post #294

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

I like to have Teleport's cost down since it's the only damaging spell that Seekers can learn, in fact it's the only damaging spell Giants can learn. So I level them significantly, but I doubt it's mandatory or anything similar.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Albatross
post Mar 18 2013, 12:00 AM
Post #295

Student

QUOTE (aardless @ Mar 15 2013, 11:01 PM) *
I like to have Teleport's cost down since it's the only damaging spell that Seekers can learn, in fact it's the only damaging spell Giants can learn. So I level them significantly, but I doubt it's mandatory or anything similar.

I... never thought of using Teleport as an attack spell.

I guess as I started going deeper and using Ethereal Portal a lot more to save time/reach isolated areas, I do occasionally have a fear of running out of SP and not being able to make my way back.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Mar 18 2013, 03:35 AM
Post #296

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

Teleport's a pretty ho-hum attack spell. What it's great for is an elevator to and from 15. wink.gif Provided you backup religiously and don't mind restoring if, oops, you teleport to 16.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Albatross
post Mar 19 2013, 07:46 PM
Post #297

Student

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Mar 18 2013, 03:35 AM) *
Teleport's a pretty ho-hum attack spell. What it's great for is an elevator to and from 15. wink.gif Provided you backup religiously and don't mind restoring if, oops, you teleport to 16.

Teleport to 16... by human input error or is there an accuracy issue with the spell (and if so is it alleviated at higher levels)?

And I supposed if you end up in 16 you're stuck there until the end of time and Heaven and Earth are remade?

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Mar 20 2013, 02:31 AM
Post #298

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (Albatross @ Mar 19 2013, 02:46 PM) *
Teleport to 16... by human input error or is there an accuracy issue with the spell (and if so is it alleviated at higher levels)?

And I supposed if you end up in 16 you're stuck there until the end of time and Heaven and Earth are remade?

Human error. Type +0,+0,+3 five times and, yes, your party is permanently unrecoverable. Hafta change it to +2 for the last one.

Teleport (and rocking in general) is, I feel, anomalous in Mordor. The game is normally so forgiving about death, so the consequences of hitting the wrong button (buffered Ethereal Passage) or typing in the wrong coordinates is just out of left field.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 30 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #299

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

You see, it's the getting out of all that rock from sinuses, stomach, and all that empty space in the adventurer body. The magic-tech isn't perfectly functional... yet.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
jimbob
post Nov 6 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #300

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,892

I see that this forum has more or less died now in my long absence (my old account name was Hopper, I believe), but here is my new party anyways. I last played it July 2012 after making it a couple of months before that. I had forgotten just how powerful I had gotten my party. I am going to play it some more until I get bored again. Hopefully, I will gain interest in it again afterwards, like what is happening now. Here is the party, in order of creation, with no cheating (They are all legacy characters, though, but I do not consider that cheating) and no restores (I would not really call that cheating either if I accidentally rocked my party, but I try to avoid it regardless, and always walk to level 15 instead of teleporting):

Requinex, Neutral Male Giant (999 HP, Age 25)
Main Guild: Warrior (450) Other: Seeker (200), Nomad (200)
A/D: 506/537
He is the party leader (the fighter, obviously, being a giant and all), and was the first legacy character I created. His equipped weapon is Eliminator (I was surprised to find that I had found 4 of them, when I believed I only had one). He is very young because of all the dragon's blood that I found (for some reason it is not showing up as an entry in the library, so I cannot say how many), and he takes priority in their use since he has the lowest age maximum of the party.

Ruby, Neutral Female Elf (999 HP, Age 43)
Main Guild: Sorceror (350) Other: Seeker (382), Thief (250), Healer (200), Nomad (200), Wizard (54) (I just wanted the crest)
A/D: 422/495
She is the offensive spellcaster. She has some thieving ability for some reason, I do not remember why (I think it was because I knew that the main thief would be the last character I would create). She is currently leveling the Seeker's guild for more fighting ability, and is equipped with a Lightning Blade.

Aurora, Good Female Gnome (990 HP, Age 34)
Main Guild: Mage (335) Other: Paladin (353)
A/D: 411/510
She is the only mage (Soul Entrapment, gotta catch 'em all!), and also levels in Paladin for fighting ability. The main reason I have anyone in the Paladin's guild is because I wanted as many crests as possible. At any rate, only good characters can be mages, so this was my best option. She is equipped with a Staff of Destruction.

Shadow, Neutral Male Osiri (746 HP, Age 19)
Main Guild: Thief (20) Other: Healer (200), Nomad (200)
A/D: 267/273
He is the most recent character I created. I quit playing shortly after creating him, which is why he is so weak compared to everyone else. He is the main thief in training, and is also the main healer. His equipment as a thief is not worth mentioning, but seeing as how he is a legacy character like all the others, he has good equipment available when leveling the other guilds. He is the only one with a companion, a bound-for-life mage (which is something I give all the new legacy characters to aid in quick leveling).

I have about 40 Aards of Being sitting in the bank, along with 9 charges of Life Domination and lots of assorted magical dusts. I also have a total of approximately 6,400,000,000 gold. Playtime on my main character (who was more or less always around while I was leveling the other characters) is 280 hours. I have taken this group to level 15 before, and defeated the big bad guy and the second biggest bad guy before, but it was surprisingly rough going (needless to say, Shadow did not come with). I am getting quite impatient with Shadow's weakness, since I want to go to the lower levels as a full legacy party as soon as possible, but everyone started out weak, right? Hopefully I will get to that point before getting bored again. Perhaps I will post an update when that happens (for what it is worth).

This post has been edited by jimbob: Nov 6 2013, 12:36 AM

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2020 - 12:34 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits