> playing mordor without admin privileges
frbc44
post Feb 15 2013, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,038
referrer:google

hi all! since i'm often playing mordor at work rolleyes.gif and there i don't have admin privileges to put any files in windows directory, i was wondering if is it somehow possible to modify mordor.exe or take some similar action that would make the game to look for mordor.ini file inside the game directory and not in the windows folder? that way i could keep my settings and play without sounds, and so avoid annoying error messages about FX errors and first time mordor greetings.. since i'm not at all familiar with hex editing, i would be very grateful (if it is possible to do it) if someone could upload that modified exe or give some other solution for this problem. emulating old windows 3 through dosbox is out of the question because the machine(with win xp installed-so i don't have any problems related to mordor and newer OS's) is very slow...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 15 2013, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

There used to be a so called no-install version for download years and years ago. I think you just need to move the mordor.ini file in the game directory. Have you tried that?

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 09:37 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits