IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back to Mordor after far too long away!, Or "How I saw people writing about their new characters on here an
Nudibranch
post Feb 9 2019, 08:42 PM
Post #41

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

Rods of Ultimate Power are good against zBrats and other massing harassers.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 9 2019, 09:54 PM
Post #42

Lord Fnorgle

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
referrer:Let's see.. I can't remember now, it was too long ago.

That's good to know, thanks smile.gif What dungeon level do Z'Brats start appearing on?

As for my latest exploits with Nothrya, reached Sorcerer 50 already and also rediscovered the Minotaur's lair (it was one of the places I used to visit when I played Mordor regularly in my teens). Took two trips to kill him; the second one had a clear path all the way there so it was just a case of trading blows, running out to cast Restoration and going back in again until he was eventually killed. Got an Adamantite Battle Axe for my troubles.

Also discovered a set of rooms leading up to a laired monster which were guarded by Reptile Servants or something similarly named. Anticipating it might be a medusa or something like that, I decided to head back to the city to refresh my SP, then made sure to case Resist Stone at the start of my journey (Osiri have 90% natural resistance to it but wanted to make sure). So I made my way back there, entered the lair...and it was a friggin' troll. I hate it when laired monsters don't appear >:{

Oh well, I've got about 60% of DL 6 mapped out now and although I'm not quite dominating it as such, the Sorcerer spells I have are powerful enough to clear out most rooms (also there seem to be a real abundance of thieving monsters on DL 6, much more so than the other levels) so as long as I've plenty of SP left I'm making good progress.

Incidentally at one point I found my melee weapon was ineffective against some monsters on DL 6 and I was concerned that the Steel Dagger was ineffective at this level already, and wondered how long it would be before I found an Adamantite Dagger. Turns out I wasn't wielding the Steel Dagger at all, it was the Silver Cross. Change to the dagger and I can hit the damn things again. Always a bonus when one's continued existence depends on being able to hit things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Feb 10 2019, 02:40 AM
Post #43

Mentor

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

QUOTE (BLauritson @ Feb 9 2019, 04:54 PM) *
That's good to know, thanks smile.gif What dungeon level do Z'Brats start appearing on?

ZBrats first appear on level 6. They have a lair towards the northeast corner of 6, but they're otherwise very rare.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 10 2019, 08:49 AM
Post #44

Lord Fnorgle

Thanks Roland smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 10 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #45

Lord Fnorgle

Highlights from this morning's run:

- Found my first ever Staff of Alton from the Goblin Shaman on DL 3. And when I say "first ever" I really mean it - can't remember ever finding this when I used to play Mordor in my teens. Found it inferior to my current weaponry though so sold it.
- Discovered ZBrats for the first time on a room in DL 6. Curious how the game hides their numbers, makes me understand now why these swarm-clearing spells (and artefacts that cast them) are so popular. They went down eventually from continued Leprosy castings but I suffered a fair bit of damage in the process.
- Finally made good on my previous intention to find what was at the end of the Snake Servants corridor of rooms, and was pleased to see that my presumption was correct in that Medusa was the boss there. Many Leprosy castings later (plus a few thrown back at me, luckily I've got Unicorn Horn equipped so they did very little damage) and Medusa was slain. Got a Gem of Healing for my troubles. Considered keeping it for emergencies but given how often I forget to use the White Sash I've been carrying around with me I decided to sell it in the end.

Lowlights from this morning's run:

- Encountered 3 Blue Pelagons and 2 Pelagons in an antimagic room. Ouchie! Those breath attacks are really painful. It's bad enough when I can Leprosy-blast them and only suffer 2-4 rounds of breath attacks, but that one stripped a good 300 HP from me or so. Fortunately still had plenty of SP left for healing.

Speaking of healing, after reaching Sorcerer 53 I'm now going back to Healer to reduce the cost of the Heal and Restoration spells as I'm finding I need to cast those more and more often now that I'm mapping out DL 6. Minor Heal just doesn't cut it when you've got 200+ HP to recover.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 10 2019, 06:27 PM
Post #46

Lord Fnorgle

Well, I've now officially gone deeper than I've ever done before.

Haven't got DL 6 fully mapped out yet, but there's a couple of teleporters in the northwest. One of them just teleported me elsewhere on DL 6, so I decided to go back and use the other one just so it would count as explored on my automap.

Oh dear, DL 8 eh?

Well, surprisingly this is Nothrya's first ever death. I kind of knew there wasn't much hope given that barely any of DL 7 is mapped yet, so I couldn't even blindly run in the general direction of stairs up, as I don't even know where they would be. So it was just a case of move around and hope for the best...sort of.

Long story short, I'm manoeuvring around a similarly-structured area from where I was teleported from and this happens.

Didn't even get to see the damn thing. I've survived Nastrums, Sistrums...but apparently a Grostrum is just too much.

Oh well, time to load Gnumen and pay for some rescuers in the hope that I won't have such a ridiculously long wait for rescue. Not that age is a problem right now but I don't want to get anywhere close to the point that it will be tongue.gif

EDIT: Success! Nothrya was returned and successfully restored to flesh. Now to give Gnumen some extra gold in case something silly like this happens again!

EDIT 2: As if the RNG were seeking to compensate me for my misfortune, on my next run down the Goblin Shamen of DL 3 dropped two Aards of Being. That's nice of them.

EDIT 3: Half an hour after the above mishap and I now have DL 6 fully mapped out. Let's see what dangers DL 7 brings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 10 2019, 07:47 PM
Post #47

Lord Fnorgle

Well, my first impression of DL 7 is that is a most cunning level. Walked right into a same-level teleporter with low SP and increasingly low HP, but thankfully was able to rush a path back to the stairs up and save myself.

The dungeon tried to trick me into walking into another teleporter by way of a Face South square, but thankfully the seeker levels earlier gained were enough to spot the teleporter and for once I was smart enough to actually stop myself before just walking on anyway. Dread to think where that would take me, wouldn't surprise me if I wound up on DL 10 or somewhere equally suicidal.

Otherwise though, once again Nothrya is holding her own against a lot of the enemies there. Not dominating the level by any means, but certainly gaining a fair wad of experience relatively quickly.

Compared to how I used to play Mordor in my teens, I know for a fact I'm playing a lot smarter than I used to back then. I was always too cautious I think, whereas now I'm taking much bigger risks than I used to and also placing more emphasis on exploring. I think though once I've mapped out DL 7 I'm going to roam DLs 6 and 7 for a while and use them as experience farms. I'm not going back to DL 8 again until the Teleport spell is cheap enough to cast in a pinch.

Anyway, Healer level is now 45 which is enough for one session methinks. Certainly encouraging to be gaining levels so quickly, I've always wanted to beat this game but the way I played it back in my teens just wasn't aggressive enough to get there. Got to be bold if you want to advance!

--------------------

+Quote Post
puma
post Feb 10 2019, 08:22 PM
Post #48

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

DL 7 is my favorite for roaming in the mid game. The water monsters are a great XP source that your Leprosy spell will generally take out quickly, and the laired bosses on 7 are some of the best for useful items. Whenever I'm leveling secondary guilds, DL 7 is where I spend the most time.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 14 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #49

Lord Fnorgle

Well, after seeing so many entertaining updates on everyone else's parties I've finally decided it's time to take a break from everything else I'm doing and play a bit of Mordor again!

Only trouble is this 7 month hiatus (which has passed by excruciatingly fast) means I can't remember what any of my plans were, so I'm spending half my session now just reacquainting myself with who everyone is and what I was working towards.

OK, so I have a party of four characters whom I occasionally send out solo or in smaller groups:

Brundath, Male Neutral Giant
Mythraxa, Female Good Elf
Gnumen, Male Good Gnome
Nothrya, Female Neutral Osiri

Nothrya seems to be the most highly-levelled: Nomad 30, Seeker 30, Thief 33, Sorcerer 53, Wizard 41, Healer 45. Currently levelling Healer. She also has the highest HP of the lot at 480 so I must have been sending her on a lot of solo runs to advance that far above the rest.
Gnumen is next (I remember Gnumen was the first one I started with before creating the extra characters, and he helped Nothrya along in the early levels. I also remember writing hints of a sub-plot of an illicit affair between them in my dungeon delving descriptions because I have far too much imagination). Nomad 30, Paladin 30, Mage 31, Sorcerer 25. Currently levelling Sorcerer, 399 HP.
Brundath is clearly just the bog-standard skull crusher but hasn't been levelled much, only Nomad 1 and Warrior 22. 287 HP.
Mythraxa was the last to really get going and I think more for the sake of having a fourth party member than anything else. Nomad 19, Mage 1. Why I made her a mage when Gnumen's already a mage I don't know, unless it was because of her stats. Still quite low in a lot of them so I suppose that must have been it.

Well, it's going to take me a short while to get back into the whole dungeon delving malarky again so I think I'll just send the four of them into DLs 1 to 3 for a bit to remind myself of how I played them as a party. I know I got as far as DL 7 and I know I'm currently a little bit scared to venture to DL 8 because I don't yet know how to get back up from it. That, and Nothrya got stoned after teleporting there accidentally. Then she got turned to stone by a Grostrum. Told her to stay away from the stuff, but did she listen? No.

Anyway, hopefully I'll have some more interesting updates now that I've finished recapping for my own benefit biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 14 2019, 09:01 PM
Post #50

Lord Fnorgle

It's funny how quickly things come back to you.

Brundath was almost pinned on a warrior quest so I deliberately pinned him and forfeited to further exploit the HP levelling. Meanwhile it didn't take me long to get bored of the upper levels, so I started my usual trek downwards, stopping by to murder the Goblin Shaman and Lord. Got an Aard for my lack of troubles so that was nice.

Had a couple of Diseased Mucks offer to join on level 3, so quickly scooped them up and took them back to town for sale. Not sure I've ever come across them before, but they were peaced and wanted to join so who am I to say no to sentient filth?

After that it was straight down to DL6 for some lake farming (after confusing it for DL7 because apparently someone who works in finance for a living can't count to 7). Nothrya just fumbled a Teleport trap and is now somewhere else. Time to load her up and see where she's got to. I love how party mechanics can be so easily manipulated in this game.

Well, that was amusing. She got teleported quite far away, easily killed the monsters in the room and fumbled another Teleport trap. This has placed her...slightly closer. Not far to run back so I'll have her rejoin the party and they can carry on from there.

A few seconds later...

And she's back with about 30 less SP and 50 less HP from combats I couldn't avoid in time. And a pit that levitation failed to keep her over. I like how it's a male voice which says "Hello there" regardless of the genders of the characters involved. Or perhaps Osiris just have deep voices?

Ooh, nasty...thought I'd applied Drain Resistance to the party on this run, but no. Gnumen got drained by a Ransae for Intelligence, Charisma and Dexterity. Didn't help either that both Gnumen and Nothrya had run out of SP at that point (my fault for not keeping an eye on their totals). Might have to buy back an Aard methinks. Got 58.5m gold for Gnumen alone so I suppose it's not too big a deal.

And of course it's only after buying one from the store that I realised I had an unidentified one in Gnumen's inventory...the very same one that he acquired at the start of the session. And it turns out to be Good-aligned. Oh well, a bit of arbitrage never screwed anyone over, right?

...in the end I used both. He lost 2 points of Dexterity to that damn Ransae and his Strength was never maxed out anyway so figured I'd just swallow that humongous gold loss and quaff 'em both.

Finally made it down to DL 7 after a diversion to visit the minotaur...who happened to be away on holiday somewhere and so it was just some puny creature in his stead. Mythraxa got eaten by a Giant Crocodile unfortunately so it's back to town now, and I think I'll call it a night there.

Got back to town and Mythraxa was raised without any problems. All's well that ends well. Good night all. Unless you're in a diametrically opposed time zone to me in which case, good day all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 14 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #51

Soldier

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

Haha, good times. Your dudes have a boatload of hp for the levels! Makes me wish I forfeitted quests more often. It's pretty impressive pushing down onto 7 at those levels after a long break. I get worried if I go a week without playing, or if I play a new character for a few hours and get out of my previous groove.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Sep 15 2019, 07:50 PM
Post #52

Fighter

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Sounds like you've been having a good go at it! It's always a bit intimidating trying to start up a full party after not playing them for awhile - I've been having the same issue with my other characters on this install. While I'm focusing most of my efforts on my solo elf Gil'Thrialle, I had a full 4-man party of 2 dwarves (one warrior/healer one warrior/thief), one human (ninja/sorc) and one gnome (mage/villain) that I was initially running before even starting Gil'Thrialle. That said, since it's been years since I've last used them as anything other than a rescue team, I kind of forgot even how to run a 4-man party laugh.gif
I might just send them around in smaller groups until I get the feeling for doing a full party. Then again it's been WAY too long since I've been a good melee character so I might just build up a solid giant. And an Osiri thief because high dex, am I right? Hmm...

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 15 2019, 09:16 PM
Post #53

Lord Fnorgle

Well, I've spent a few more hours on the party today but not a lot to report. On a few occasions Nothrya fumbled a teleport trap and on one of them I really gained a new appreciation for how much easier it is to play a party compared to solo. On her way back to the party, she was leprosying a quad group of Giant Alligators over several rounds, and taking a hell of a lot of damage in the process. The party of four (which is really just a party of 3 babysitting a low level elf) usually tears through them in two or three rounds max and takes little damage in the process. And Nothrya's my most powerful character, so that just emphasises the point.

Got a few Mithril items and managed to explore some more of DL 7, including finding one set of stairs down to DL 8 for when I'm feeling brave enough. Mythraxa finally reached level 30 Nomad, so now I'm levelling her in Sorcerer for a bit until we find enough Good-aligned Aards to bring her stats up to join Wizard for the remaining HP optimisation. Sadly she got killed again on my first encounter against the Demonist - unfortunately I didn't notice her low hits in time. The first I knew of her death was wondering what that yelping sound was as she cried out her low HP moments before her death. It's OK though, Nothrya brought her back to the town stairs, dropped her corpse like a sack of potatoes, went back into town to replenish her HP and then resurrected Mythraxa like a sack of potatoes. The resurrection was successful. Mythraxa is now a sack of potatoes.

Seriously though, things have improved all round and a fair few levels have been made on all the characters now. My main goal at present is to get DL 7 fully explored and then venture on down to DL 8 and beyond.

Brundath - 406 HP, Warrior 43
Mythraxa - 280 HP, Nomad 30, Sorcerer 8
Gnumen - 419 HP, Nomad 30, Paladin 30, Mage 35, Sorcerer 41
Nothrya - 480 HP, Nomad 30, Seeker 30, Thief 44, Sorcerer 53, Wizard 41, Healer 51

I'm focusing on Warrior, Sorcerer, Sorcerer and Thief respectively for these four characters. I found that Nothrya was having only 50/50 chance at best of disarming traps on DL 7 so I want to get that cranked up some more before going back to probably Sorcerer for cheaper Element spells. Leprosy only costs 7 to cast but it's annoying when I come up against undead and forget to hit the Poison buffer instead so I'd like to get Acidic Spray down to a much lower cost (currently 16) and start using that as my default buffer. Same goes for Gnumen, his default is currently Leprosy.

What I have found with playing as a party is that it's much easier for me to focus on Nothrya and just have the other characters buffer their main killing spell, with my favourite alternative combat spells in easy to reach buffers for Nothrya. I'm also using buffers and keyboard shortcuts to rapidly deploy my chosen resistances at the start of each run, because that's bloody tedious otherwise. Basically put Nothrya as the leader, use buffers for Resist Stone/Paralysis/Drain and Feather Essence, kick out the other three party members, go back to town to replenish SP, cast those spells upon Nothrya and then add everyone back into the party, shuffling Nothrya to the back. Currently my runs are limited by SP rather than pinning so I'm returning to town more often than I'd like, but considering how deep I'm going with those levels it's not such a bad deal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Sep 16 2019, 12:09 AM
Post #54

Fighter

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

QUOTE (BLauritson @ Sep 15 2019, 03:16 PM) *
What I have found with playing as a party is that it's much easier for me to focus on Nothrya and just have the other characters buffer their main killing spell, with my favourite alternative combat spells in easy to reach buffers for Nothrya. I'm also using buffers and keyboard shortcuts to rapidly deploy my chosen resistances at the start of each run, because that's bloody tedious otherwise. Basically put Nothrya as the leader, use buffers for Resist Stone/Paralysis/Drain and Feather Essence, kick out the other three party members, go back to town to replenish SP, cast those spells upon Nothrya and then add everyone back into the party, shuffling Nothrya to the back. Currently my runs are limited by SP rather than pinning so I'm returning to town more often than I'd like, but considering how deep I'm going with those levels it's not such a bad deal.

Yeah, the constant shifting of resistance spells (especially when every party member needs different ones) made me end up buffering a lot of resistances on my partying characters. I mean, if I'm rarely going to be using them in the dungeon (aside from maybe 1-2 panic buttons that I can N- through and cast hopefully within a single round) then it makes sense to put them to use where I am actually going to find a use for them - even if it is just cutting down tedium. It's also helpful to build a proper resistance habit because then you aren't randomly forgetting to cast one particular resist on one particular party member and - oops! looks like the gnome just got stoned.

I think it was the tedium of casting resistances, as well as the frustration of getting separated by teleporters and traps, that finally drove me to go back to solo characters. A stupid reason, I know, but I started to have to mentally prepare myself every time I entered the dungeon for the solid minute of resistance casts I would need to do before I could even leave the doorstep of the town - and that's not including any extra time spent logging out of the group, logging into my sorcerer outside the group, going back to town to refresh, coming back down, logging out, relogging into my party leader to get the sorc back...
Yeah. Grinding doesn't bother me, but extraordinary tedium like that does wear me down.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 16 2019, 06:50 AM
Post #55

Lord Fnorgle

I can understand that. I think it's one of the reasons my renewed interest in Mordor late last year started wearing off again, having to keep casting a bunch of spells at the start of every dungeon run.

Something I did consider yesterday, but abandoned after one attempt because I just wanted to get on with the game, is using a program called Pulover's Macro Creator to see if I could automate the process of casting resistances at the start of a run. I first heard of this program from someone at work earlier this year and I believe there's a file on this site somewhere of someone who used it to create an automated grinder by repeating certain steps of travelling in the dungeon and casting certain spells etc. I might have another go this week at setting up such a macro, since that would ease the resistance casting considerably (and also allow a greater range of resistances to be cast without the associated tedium). If I am successful I'll upload it to this site for others to use.

As an aside, I'm obviously not playing Mordor enough right now because I've already started dreaming about it again biggrin.gif Last night had a horrible dream that I'd encountered some new undead monster type who had inflicted a couple of aging attacks, and two of my party members were suddenly 60. Nevertheless I ventured further on down and the next thing I can remember is that three of my party members were suddenly back to their normal age, but Gnumen had been aged to over 900 years old blink.gif. He ended up looking like a horrendously bloated zombie (who was grinning happily in complete spite of the circumstances) and when we got back to town he was hanged outside the gates as an abomination while I just watched on in despair at losing my second most powerful party member.

Oh well, a day of work to get through and then time for more Mordor biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 16 2019, 10:28 AM
Post #56

Soldier

I considered a macro program too! Especially because stretching my hand on my laptop keyboard to shift+7890 where I keep my most common resist buffs hurts my fingers and doing it two handed takes forever. laugh.gif

Fortunately a full party can stay in the dungeon so long that I don't feel like 4-5 buffs * 4 characters is too awfully annoying, but I totally see how some might.

This post has been edited by fischsemmel: Sep 16 2019, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 16 2019, 03:38 PM
Post #57

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Here is my secret to casting resistance spells quickly: When you cast the first resistance spell on a character, you have to do some moving of the mouse and clicking. But that sets some defaults, and after that it goes fast. Just click once on the spell in the list, and then hit the enter key twice. With my right hand on the mouse and my left on the enter key, it takes seconds to cast the five spells Aelric needs.

It doesn't take much longer for Frar to spell up my other two high-level characters. He casts all of the resistance spells on them before every run since it is basically free - he boots them from the party and returns to town to recover his spell points, then rejoins them. That maneuvering takes as much time as the actual spellcasting.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 16 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #58

Lord Fnorgle

Well on today's run Nothrya fumbled another Teleporter trap on DL 6. On the plus side, this led to her passing through a room with two friendly Pelagons who wished to join. Apart from breathing on Gnumen a couple of times they proved to be rather valuable companions for the short time I had them with me. Now they're zoo animals in the confinement. Silly Pelagons.

And on DL 7 she fumbled another one and landed in an unexplored area blink.gif...luckily with a bit of back-and-forthing (technical term) she was right next to an explored area separated only by a wall. One Ethereal portal later and she's back with the rest of the party again. I really need to be more disciplined in checking trap types before attempting to open them.

Oh dear...and Nothry's now the only survivor of a ZBrat ambush on DL 7. I had no idea they could tear through a party so quickly...going to get her back to town, heal up and then try to demolish the rest before resurrecting the party.

OK, party rescued and resurrected by Nothrya. Resurrect costs 127 SP at the moment so I first had to carefully dash back into the room, grab the first corpse on the list (Mythraxa) and run back to the town stairs, drop the body, heal, restore SP, come back down and resurrect Mythraxa. Then Nothrya escorted her back down to outside the DL 7 room but left her to wait there. Luckily there weren't too many ZBrats left and a few more rounds of Leprosy rotted them all to pieces. Nothrya resurrected Gnumen there and then, and finally carried Brundath back to the town stairs for the same routine again.

Brundath got quested for a Rowdy, at which point he started making a load of noise and clanging about the place until the Questmaster whacked him over the head with a giant club. He's still not very intelligent yet. Luckily, Gnumen is, so he had the idea of cheating by buying a Rowdy from the confinement, attacking it and charming it in that first combat round. Quest completed, Rowdy stocked back in the confinement again. Brundath still doesn't quite understand what his quest was.

With the party reformed I once again ventured towards the room where they nearly got obliterated by ZBrats, preparing with trepidation to venture down to DL 8...only to realise that room contains stairs up, not down. I really need to learn to pay attention. Oh well, lake has respawned so I can farm that again. Ran into a Purple Ooze and Gnumen just lost a very, very valuable item...his Leather Cap! sad.gif

Honestly I didn't even realise he still had that equipped! Need to pay more attention to my characters' equipment.

On the plus side, I'm now on DL 8! Haven't fully explored 7 yet but the parts that aren't explored don't seem to be accessible from where I currently access it from, so wondering if there's another set of stairs up from 8 that I can access the remainder of DL 7 with (since I don't want to risk stranding my party by portalling through walls and then using up all my SP).

Finally got Brundath's Intelligence and Wisdom up to 13 to allow him to join Seeker guild. Just racing him through the levels now, especially as he's still party leader and capable of wielding a Steel Dagger it's easy to rack up the experience points on the top levels.

Well, Brundath is now level 10 after two forfeits (last one at level 12 being quested for a Namana. There are none in the confinement and I didn't have the patience to keep searching for one). And that's enough for me for today.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 16 2019, 09:52 PM
Post #59

Soldier

Yeah, don't monkey around with zbrats or thd other "instadeath" groups unless you KNOW your defense can handle them. I'd use acidic spray or bigger spells to burn them down, or leave them alone.

What sort of defense numbers do your guys have? I didn't see any zbrats until I was around 210 I think, and they were pretty tolerable at that point vs a party of 4 as long as I didn't try to melee them all down. Now at 250ish defense (and 4 swings per character that tend to 1shot) I don't even cast on them.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Sep 17 2019, 06:45 AM
Post #60

Lord Fnorgle

That's a good point actually, I've not really been tracking my characters' A/D values so they're not particularly impressive at the moment:

Brundath: 111/111
Mythraxa: 107/107
Gnumen: 138/141
Nothrya: 162/156

They can handle most encounters as Brundath is your run-of-the-mill Giant Warrior tank and the rest are blasting magic at the monsters they fight, but as I've found they are still vulnerable to the more dangerous ones like ZBrat mobs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th October 2019 - 04:12 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits