post Jan 4 2007, 06:40 PM
Post #21

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 1,873
referrer:I don't remember

I'll use four nomads if you use three

--------------------
LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS ATTRACT YOUR ATTENTION that is all.
O.O This is bob, bob wants to take over the world please help him on his quest by copying and pasting him into your sig

Member #1 of Gortaak fan club. President of Gortaak fan club. PM me to join Gortaak fan club.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 5 2007, 10:51 AM
Post #22

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

@Grobble: hmm, I thought I recalled you beating the Boss with four Giants in the Creative Kill challenge. It probably was more a "proof of concept" than real playing though. unsure.gif
Regarding this challenge I don't think legacy characters are ruled out, as long as all characters are in one guild.
If I had the time, I think I'd either go with:
2 Giant Warriors
1 Giant Seeker
1 Dwarven Healer
or drop one of the Warriors for a Thief. You can get almost all spellcasting from items, but you can't get thieving skills from them. tongue.gif And no thieving= little loot.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Colonel Geek
post Jan 5 2007, 09:24 PM
Post #23

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,805
referrer:Slimey's Mordor Page

No, legacy characters are not forbidden.

--------------------
Click This!!!!!!!!
O.O OK Gsman, I helped Bob.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Jan 8 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #24

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

@aardless: hmm, you're right. I did try that once, to see if they would be able to defeat the Prince of Evils without any spells. But I created that "party" just for testing purposes and deleted the characters after the test! I just don't want people to think I'm a cheater.. hypocrite.gif

@Mongo: I'm sorry about my previous post. You were right, this challenge is not so difficult. When I saw the challenge at first, I thought in terms of building a party that can walk around on level 15 + studs "safely" and survive forever, because that's the usual goal of the game. But to "beat the game", you only need to defeat you-know-who just once. That is a lot easier to do!
So once more, my apologies for what I said earlier.

So now my opinion is almost the opposite: this challenge can surely be beaten! And it will be a nice way of experiencing the game differently, so I have already started working on it. Here is my party:

1 nomad ogre (solo, non-legacy, with the game freshly restarted).
To be absolutely "clean" he didn't forfeit any quests before level 30.

And here is my plan (contains spoilers):
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by grobblewobble: Jan 8 2007, 03:32 PM

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 10 2007, 07:05 AM
Post #25

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

I did a nomad ogre once. I got to about level 250, but couldn't improve enough past that to have a chance on 15. Extra nomad levels are useless (no a/d), and without good thieving, you can't improve your gear (slime destroys anything good you already have). Plus no resistances. It's a dead end. wallbash.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Mongo
post Jan 10 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #26

Weapons Master

Member No.: 683
referrer:gazed into my crystal ball, which happens to be named Google...

@grobble - no offense taken, I assumed you were overlooking the actual challenge here. good luck with your solo nomad ogre, may be tough to finally find that item you need w/o thieving skills, but eventually you will I'm sure. you hit my point exactly, which is this challenge, while time consuming is not that difficult. all it takes is some luck and some nec. items. personally I think I would have went for a giant/warrior osiri/thief combo for better chance at getting needed items...

@nudibranch - do you recall if that character got the needed item(s)? that, combined with grobbles strategy of using shields may get you at least a shot at the big man. I agree about slime though, have to be very careful what you open as it would be horrible to get the CoD only to lose it on next trap smile.gif

--------------------
Illuminatus

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 10 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #27

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (Mongo @ Jan 10 2007, 01:04 PM)
@nudibranch - do you recall if that character got the needed item(s)?  that, combined with grobbles strategy of using shields may get you at least a shot at the big man.  I agree about slime though, have to be very careful what you open as it would be horrible to get the CoD only to lose it on next trap smile.gif

I didn't try using companions and he was solo. I camped out in the Mother of Serpents lair trying to get better armor, but I could only get 4 spawns or so before using up all my available healing.

Resistances were a huge problem too: on 12+, you must have Mind and Magic resistance or you will get raped, and you really want Electrical too. I got a Pure Mithril at one point and promptly lost it to slime (no way to ID chests beyond *).

It would be a lot less difficult with:

a) 2 nomads (transfer items before opening chests)
cool.gif 1 fighter type (guild a/d is good enough for deep survival)
c) 1 spellcaster (for obvious reasons)
d) 1 legacy nomad (all the best items should make it possible)

Maybe even a solo thief could do it. Maybe. What Grobble's proposing... well, um, good luck. whistling.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 11 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #28

@Grobble: I just realised you can't combine MHs. And I didn't mean to imply you were a cheater or something, poor choice of words on my part, sorry. dry.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

+Quote Post
Requinex_master_...
post May 14 2007, 07:32 AM
Post #29

Student

Member No.: 3,431
referrer:It was many years ago when I found a cool game on the net. It was MORDOR, I have been playing the Shareware version for years and have just got the full version. I looked on the net to see if there were any surviving MORDOR players and here you were!

I think that I'll try this challenge with a warrior, a healer, a mage, and a seeker.

--------------------
You know you are addicted to a game when you have dreams about it. I already had 5!

+Quote Post
Wyldstylist
post May 20 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #30

Drifter

Member No.: 3,465
referrer:searched on mordor played it alot as a kid

QUOTE (Colonel Geek @ Dec 24 2006, 12:52 AM)
OK, I recently (i.e. 5 minutes ago) thought, "hey, is it possible to beat the game with a one-guild-per-character party?" Well, that is my challenge to you.  Take a party as big as you want, with each character leveling in only one guild.  When you post your claim, attach your character data file.

I have 1 journeyman on level 72 in the mordor 2 v95 demo with lots of stuff want him?

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post May 21 2007, 09:53 AM
Post #31

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Didnt work on this challenge any further. blush2.gif

@aardless: yes, forgot that, you can't combine medusa's heads..

@Nudibranch: dont forget this challenge only requires you to kill a specific monster once. It is not necessary at all to spend time on levels 12 to 14, and if I am killed 12 times by the specific monster and am aged for 100 years, it's no big deal if I kill it afterwards.. no long-term planning here. Not being able to disarm chests isn't a big deal either. I'm not even going to bother opening too many chests, because it's not necessary to have optimal equipment here.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
ranagrande
post Jul 6 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #32

Wanderer

Member No.: 180
referrer:Google

I think I might try this challenge with a solo Osiri Scavenger.

+Quote Post
thepanda7
post Sep 9 2007, 12:05 PM
Post #33

Student

Member No.: 3,856
referrer:google

wow it's been so long! yet ill join in laugh.gif im doing nomad with warrior and does anyone know the time you first get A/D with warrior?

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 9 2007, 06:34 PM
Post #34

Welcome, and good luck on this challenge. Warrior is unlikely to cut it with a single nomad for back-up, IMHO, but I'm ready to be proved wrong. wink.gif

Warrior gets its first A/D increment at level 4. You can find all of the values in this thread if such things interest you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th September 2019 - 01:15 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits