> free to paid version
cbiii
post Nov 4 2016, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,454
referrer:search

Is there any way to transfer progress from the freeware version to the purchased version? I'm sure there's a thread but I've overlooked it. Sorry.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Nov 5 2016, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

No guarantees it'll work, but you could check which of the mdata files in the shareware version have been modified recently and copy those over to the paid version.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Nov 24 2016, 06:09 AM
Post #3

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

The only big thing to move over would be characters and maybe store data. Map exploration data probably isn't salvageable but it's easily re-done.

+Quote Post
Chozame
post Jul 27 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #4

Student

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,061
referrer:Google

Now that I have this same concern, I'd like to know if anyone can confirm this works before I go ahead and buy the full version.

I've been playing the demo seriously, and created legacy characters. What are the chances that I fail to copy my characters and my store to the paid version?

--------------------
"The master acts, but relies on nothing."

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jul 28 2019, 01:45 AM
Post #5

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (Chozame @ Jul 26 2019, 08:02 PM) *
Now that I have this same concern, I'd like to know if anyone can confirm this works before I go ahead and buy the full version.

I've been playing the demo seriously, and created legacy characters. What are the chances that I fail to copy my characters and my store to the paid version?

You should just be able to install the full version on top of the demo. The installer doesn’t overwrite any of your save data.

I’d still do a backup just in case.

If you enjoy the game enough to make legacy characters then you should buy the full version. Even if you have to start from scratch (which I doubt you will).

+Quote Post
korexus
post Jul 29 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Voyager

Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (Chozame @ Jul 27 2019, 01:02 AM) *

When I got the full game (it was a present for my 16th birthday, so that was far too long ago now) I copied over my data files, and everything worked. Map, characters, store, everything.

However, the characters I'd lovingly built up, and who could easily dominate level three were pretty much awful further down. (I had a solo elf, I'd leveled Nomad a lot because it was easy, and I was running around with a Sword of the Winds for the swings.)

Long story short, get the full game, it's great. But expect to start new characters anyway.

- I'm sure your characters are better than mine were, but there's so much going on in the levels below. You've literally only scratched the surface!

korexus.

+Quote Post
Chozame
post Aug 1 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Student

It worked! Thanks for the replies.

Long story short, get the full game, it's great. But expect to start new characters anyway.

- I'm sure your characters are better than mine were, but there's so much going on in the levels below. You've literally only scratched the surface!

My 4-party is handling it well, we can survive the 5th floor even though our max lvl is 43. My dwarf warrior/healer has nearly 400 hits, my Osiri thief/sorc is leveling very fast, my Morloch super-sorc is there for extra deadliness. The only char I should remake is the giant warrior, who has only 210 hits at lvl 43 because he had 10 Con. I might just let him stay though because leveling a warrior is slow...
I'm a noob, but I think given that it's a 4-party with a tough healer, I might get away with it. What do you think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Aug 1 2019, 07:22 PM
Post #8

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408

QUOTE (Chozame @ Aug 1 2019, 10:45 AM) *
My 4-party is handling it well, we can survive the 5th floor even though our max lvl is 43. My dwarf warrior/healer has nearly 400 hits, my Osiri thief/sorc is leveling very fast, my Morloch super-sorc is there for extra deadliness. The only char I should remake is the giant warrior, who has only 210 hits at lvl 43 because he had 10 Con. I might just let him stay though because leveling a warrior is slow...
I'm a noob, but I think given that it's a 4-party with a tough healer, I might get away with it. What do you think?

It sounds like the only thing you're missing is a Seeker. If your Morloch does not have a second guild, you could add Seeker, which would boost his fighting ability in addition to giving him high perception (useful when mapping) and transport spells.

As for your Giant, I think he'll be okay as long as you keep him at the back of the party, where he won't be attacked as often. When you put a Warrior in the "safe" position like that, you can outfit him for maximum damage and not have to worry about defense - e.g., you can dispense with shields and use two-handed weapons. Just set him to auto-fight and let him bat clean-up!

+Quote Post
Chozame
post Aug 2 2019, 02:52 PM
Post #9

Student

QUOTE (Roland @ Aug 1 2019, 11:22 AM) *
It sounds like the only thing you're missing is a Seeker. If your Morloch does not have a second guild, you could add Seeker, which would boost his fighting ability in addition to giving him high perception (useful when mapping) and transport spells.

As for your Giant, I think he'll be okay as long as you keep him at the back of the party, where he won't be attacked as often. When you put a Warrior in the "safe" position like that, you can outfit him for maximum damage and not have to worry about defense - e.g., you can dispense with shields and use two-handed weapons. Just set him to auto-fight and let him bat clean-up!

Interesting point. I thought I might just make him a meat shield and pick him up when he dies knowing that I'll survive as a 3-party, but I like you're idea and I could give him a war axe. Also, I'll just make the giant a seeker. Why not? He's the only one with only 2 guilds.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 09:55 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits