IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> how can i become a moderator?, i wanna help out when i have the time :)
Kingkirki_49
post Jan 29 2008, 04:00 AM
Post #1

Illusionist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,203
referrer:Slimie's site

how can i become a moderator? because this site is wikked cool, and i wanna help out when i have the time smile.gif

--------------------
Ich kann 5% deutsch sprechen.

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

siggy last edited on 17/11/09 @ 8:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 29 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #2

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

The ususal reply in most forums is that you don't submit a request to become mod: you are contacted if the admin(s) think you may be of use. At the moment we are fully staffed so we do not need new mods.
And, huh, decent spelling would be a requirement... sleep.gif

Also remember that what makes a forum is the content posted by members. I've been just a regular member for years, and I like to think I made a number of not uninteresting posts during that time.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Jan 29 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #3

Illusionist

QUOTE (aardless @ Jan 29 2008, 10:20 PM) *
The ususal reply in most forums is that you don't submit a request to become mod: you are contacted if the admin(s) think you may be of use. At the moment we are fully staffed so we do not need new mods.

Also remember that what makes a forum is the content posted by members. I've been just a regular member for years, and I like to think I made a number of not uninteresting posts during that time.

hmm so is it a lost cause for me or can i still try and maby in time be selected? (i mean in the future)

i mean i really do wanna help out, but i get discuraged easily sad.gif

plus i can allways try and learn to use better spelling (i mean im not perfect you know)

--------------------

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 29 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Kingkirki_49 @ Jan 29 2008, 10:30 PM) *
hmm so is it a lost cause for me or can i still try and maby in time be selected? (i mean in the future)

Why would it be a lost cause? Be persistent, make useful posts, and hope that some mods retire. tongue.gif All of the mods were just regular members at some point, you know. Heck, even Braindead was just a regular member on Slimey's board.
i mean i really do wanna help out, but i get discuraged easily sad.gif

plus i can allways try and learn to use better spelling
That's a good resolution! ok.gif
(i mean im not perfect you know)
Nobody is.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

+Quote Post
fart642000
post Jan 30 2008, 12:21 AM
Post #5

IT'S A DRABBIT!

Member No.: 15
referrer:I searched the earth for it until braindead sent me an invite

QUOTE (aardless @ Jan 29 2008, 04:20 PM) *

not_ok.gif that means i probably have a worse chance then someone dho never actually made a post tongue.gif

--------------------
Waffles - Well, you know what they say: kill thy neighbour, because it saves you having to remember two of the ten commandments. :D

Me:anyway i find it a bit scary how alike we think sometimes...
BL: It's because we're right :P
My forum (improved)

Braindead: Fart teaching me how to spell, LOL :) What will be next I wonder? :D
Cowboy:I leave you guys alone for 1 day and it's an orgy of politics and sex... what can I say, I taught you well :devilish:

+Quote Post
Braindead
post Jan 30 2008, 05:56 PM
Post #6

Zombie Master

Member No.: 1
referrer:;)

and fart has been a mod for the arcade here so spelling doesn't seem to matter all that much smile.gif

--------------------
Do not PM me for support, if you have troubles running Mordor ask in the Technical Support forum!

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 30 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #7

laugh.gif, good point, Arcade mods don't need to type too much. OTOH, my 2 €c is that a regular mod has to be understandable to people not native to English, and making messages full of typos is not a good way to do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Jan 31 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #8

Illusionist

QUOTE (aardless @ Jan 30 2008, 09:19 PM) *
laugh.gif, good point, Arcade mods don't need to type too much. OTOH, my 2 c is that a regular mod has to be understandable to people not native to English, and making messages full of typos is not a good way to do it.

2 c ? that 2 euros? or 2 cents or however u say it in euros. i wonder if it would be cheeper or more expensive here laugh.gif biggrin.gif we have canadain $ with the queen of england on all the coins laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 31 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #9

Two eurocents. wink.gif Couldn't find the slashed c on this keyboard. Although I'm not even sure it needs to be slashed. unsure.gif I'm not sure either what a Canadian dollar is worth but IIRC it's slightly less than a US $, so it would be more than 2 cents over there. tongue.gif

And about the queen on canadian coins, that's a weirdness I'll never understand. You are an independent country.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fart642000
post Feb 1 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #10

IT'S A DRABBIT!

Member No.: 15
referrer:I searched the earth for it until braindead sent me an invite

canadian and us are fighting to see which is worth more atm and the = hold alt type in 155 on the number pad

and i did have to write new game descriptions smile.gif

--------------------
Waffles - Well, you know what they say: kill thy neighbour, because it saves you having to remember two of the ten commandments. :D

Me:anyway i find it a bit scary how alike we think sometimes...
BL: It's because we're right :P
My forum (improved)

Braindead: Fart teaching me how to spell, LOL :) What will be next I wonder? :D
Cowboy:I leave you guys alone for 1 day and it's an orgy of politics and sex... what can I say, I taught you well :devilish:

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Feb 1 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #11

Illusionist

QUOTE (aardless @ Jan 31 2008, 08:44 PM) *
Two eurocents. wink.gif Couldn't find the slashed c on this keyboard. Although I'm not even sure it needs to be slashed. unsure.gif I'm not sure either what a Canadian dollar is worth but IIRC it's slightly less than a US $, so it would be more than 2 cents over there. tongue.gif

And about the queen on canadian coins, that's a weirdness I'll never understand. You are an independent country.

ya we earned our indipendance by fighting for england or first big notice was battle for vimmy ridge in ww1 and then liberation of holland in ww2 we keep the queen as a sign of respect

the usa laugh.gif earnd theirs by attacking canada laugh.gif they marched right through my town in 1812 then got slaughtered in stoney creek. in the end it was a stalemate laugh.gif nothing much happened but soured relations till some odd years later

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2019 - 10:27 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits