> is the site really slowly going down?
Technomancer
post Sep 18 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #21

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,716
referrer:Google, TWICE!

I pop in from time to time to see what's going on, but the board has seemed to be slowing down. I was checking in a lot and lurked for quite some time before making an account, but all the updates were just too exciting to stay silent! I think that is a real part of the reason the site is slowing down, because there's no new info coming out. Back when there were bi-monthly updates, I always wanted to see what was going on and everyone was discussing the progress, but since they stopped, it seems like I just check to see if MXP in some form has come out yet. It would be cool to still have occasional updates just to wet our appetites from time to time. They don't have to be frequent, once every 3-4 months would be awesome. As it stands, I (nor anyone else) knows whether MXP will be out in a couple months or a couple years. While there probably aren't any easy answers to that particular issue, an occasional confirmation of progress, any progress, would help stave off the madness. I'm already putting up with that waiting for the 1.13 patch for Diablo 2!!

All that said though, when MXP DOES come out in some form, I'm sure things here will be back in a big way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
barklight
post Oct 12 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #22

Vagabond

Member No.: 1,945
referrer:The old M2 Wiki :)

I'll second that, I don't post terribly often but I check in a couple times a month at the least tongue.gif Once an update or beta or something new is out activity will likely boom again.

Still waiting with baited breath for the first release candidate hehehe.

I just realized how late this reply is T_T

--------------------
The Rules (NEW RULES as of 9/13/2010)
Rule #003: There is no Gnomish god of heavy artillery.
Rule #092: The name of the weapon shop is not "Bloodbath and Beyond".
Rule #155: I am not allowed to rub any part of the elf chick for any reason.
Rule #472: When my cleric is told to "Buff the Elf", I know exactly what it means and may not misconstrue it in any way.
Rule #609: No deity will let me use my nipples as holy symbols.

+Quote Post
AVB
post Oct 19 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #23

Vagabond

Member No.: 353
referrer:yahoo

i check back a couple of times a month..nothing new is going on

....just waiting for mxp..and even then i probably wont even have time to play..

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Oct 23 2009, 07:56 PM
Post #24

Illusionist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,203
referrer:Slimie's site

i guess as long as the game remains played then our beloved site has a chance of staying alive smile.gif

--------------------
Ich kann 5% deutsch sprechen.

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

siggy last edited on 17/11/09 @ 8:19 PM

+Quote Post
fhqwegads
post Oct 23 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #25

Journeyman

Member No.: 6,050
referrer:google

Aw man, I just got here, I hope activity picks up. I'm just counting the days till MXP, but I understand RL takes precidence. I myself find very little time to game these days... But I've always enjoying kicking back and dungeon crawling from time to time. Mordor was like a gateway drug to me for other games like Wizardry and Realms of Kaos (though I haven't played those in years also).

Keep your spirits up guys, I remember reading in another post that it's the forum that keeps the ambition alive for finishing MXP, so we gotta support them by staying active!

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Oct 23 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #26

Teacher

Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (fhqwegads @ Oct 23 2009, 02:05 PM) *
I remember reading in another post that it's the forum that keeps the ambition alive for finishing MXP, so we gotta support them by staying active!

Could you give me a link to where you found that post? That sounds like a rather good quote.

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
fhqwegads
post Oct 24 2009, 06:18 AM
Post #27

Journeyman

Member No.: 6,050
referrer:google

QUOTE (Crashland @ Oct 23 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Could you give me a link to where you found that post? That sounds like a rather good quote.

It was on the MXP FAQ topic post by BeefontheBone, under the heading "How can I help". Not a direct quote, just my interpretation tongue.gif.

EDIT: Hmm can't seem to get a link to work for some reason...

This post has been edited by fhqwegads: Oct 24 2009, 06:22 AM

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 25 2009, 12:08 AM
Post #28

Vagabond

Member No.: 4,359
referrer:Home of the Underdogs

I see this as sort of the calm before the storm, before the new Mordor comes out. The original is almost 15 years old after all, and most of it is known backwards (although there's still a few things being discovered), so I guess it's natural that there's not as much to talk about any more. But there is still a core of regular users, and new members such as yourself coming in now and then, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Chances are, when Mordor XP comes out there'll be so much discussion you won't be able to keep track of it all.

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Oct 25 2009, 12:14 AM
Post #29

Illusionist

QUOTE (Nexus @ Oct 24 2009, 08:08 PM) *
I see this as sort of the calm before the storm, before the new Mordor comes out. The original is almost 15 years old after all, and most of it is known backwards (although there's still a few things being discovered), so I guess it's natural that there's not as much to talk about any more. But there is still a core of regular users, and new members such as yourself coming in now and then, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Chances are, when Mordor XP comes out there'll be so much discussion you won't be able to keep track of it all.

forgotten that mxp has its own section have we? laugh.gif

--------------------

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Oct 25 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #30

Vagabond

Member No.: 4,359
referrer:Home of the Underdogs

I was referring to this site as a whole, not just particular sections.

Once XP comes out a lot of inactive members will come back and more new members will join. And there's more to talk about with a game that's just been released, than with speculating about one that's been in the works for a long time.

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Oct 25 2009, 12:25 AM
Post #31

Illusionist

QUOTE (Nexus @ Oct 24 2009, 08:22 PM) *
I was referring to this site as a whole, not just particular sections.

Once XP comes out a lot of inactive members will come back and more new members will join. And there's more to talk about with a game that's just been released, than with speculating about one that's been in the works for a long time.

i see. well lets hope people come back sad.gif

m1.1 will never get boring not as long as i am around biggrin.gif

(on a different note: i asked you a question as a comment on your profile)

--------------------

+Quote Post
zahmees
post Oct 31 2009, 02:54 PM
Post #32

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP
From: "'Ello L.A.!" he hinted while munching on his cheesey comestibles.
Member No.: 642
referrer:Dalyn and Kazildapek's Mordor Referrer's and Pulsing Blue Brain Acquisitions LLC.

unfortunately...I would say Im guilty to not contributing like I used too as well
I've been real busy with other stuff in real life and am having trouble staying focused on MXP...
but I'll try to post more soon

--------------------
What a friggin Monday huh?
I HATE Mondays.
In a way that has been heretofore unforeseen by civilized man in this age or the next.
What shall we, as responsible citizens searching for our boggle, let forth our raging commentary about this?
Yea, verily.
Mondays are here now.
Perhaps in the past Mondays were called by another name...like "Leg" or Ripseysnot" or "Borkfruitfullness" or "Cosmopolitan" or other such nomenclature.
But here in the uncharted present they are known simply as "Monday".
And they carry as fetid an odor today as they did in forgotten and unforeseen millenniums past.
Indeed.

-TL

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 09:54 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits