IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording a Mordor run - solo good elf!
MythrilZenith
post Aug 20 2019, 12:58 AM
Post #141

Explorer

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Happy Mordor Monday everyone! https://youtu.be/Y95rCnZh4ao

I've surpassed Sorcerer with Paladin (Finally), but am still grinding forward because I'm still getting a lot of enjoyment from the extra A/D from Paladin, and also the faster leveling is still addicting. I'm Pinning roughly half the time I go into the dungeon, and occasionally pin on my way back and end up having to fight my way back for no exp. I should probably get better at predicting my exp gain on the return so I'm not wasting all that time.

I may have lost my Mithril Gauntlets to a slime trap (thanks, Mom), but I'm starting to pick up some other good items. Bracers of Strength have made up for the str deficit in my gauntlets, and I'm even starting to stock up on some useful expendable spellcasting items to supplement my SP with. Still no Magenta sashes, but I have like 3 spare Static sashes now, so that's cool I suppose?

I took the time to map out the entire Graveyard as well as The Pit on 13. Still no good items from them (just some drain, slime traps and frustration), but now that my map is looking more fleshed out I feel more confident going down to explore. Who knows, I might actually run into a Pariah one of these days! (Still have never seen one in my life, but that's gotta change sometime, right?)

I found an Elven Lord, but he didn't have any shoes. Maybe next time, eh?

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Aug 20 2019, 02:07 AM
Post #142

Soldier

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

QUOTE (MythrilZenith @ Aug 19 2019, 08:58 PM) *
I found an Elven Lord, but he didn't have any shoes. Maybe next time, eh?

Unfortunately, Elven Lords don't drop boots. Boots of the Elven Lords are quite rare - only two of my three high-level characters have pairs.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Aug 20 2019, 08:23 PM
Post #143

Explorer

QUOTE (Roland @ Aug 19 2019, 08:07 PM) *
Unfortunately, Elven Lords don't drop boots. Boots of the Elven Lords are quite rare - only two of my three high-level characters have pairs.

Eh, i figured. They're the best boots in the game, it makes sense they'd be pretty rare.

So I was realizing as I looked through the wiki, I have basically the second- or third-best equipment in the game for basically all slots. I'm finding cubes now which I am strong enough to use, and BOY are they good. I even found a Ring of Truth. If I wasn't constantly using my ring of entrapment's charges I'd swap it out for that in a heartbeat, but because I'm still able to charm most monsters with the ring alone I think I'm going to keep it on. That said, 9 extra defense isn't anything to laugh at.

I've been trawling the graveyard pretty regularly now, and in my last run I got really excited to find two potions - one from an Etholan Phantasm and one from a Shadow Demon. Sadly, both were Elven Wine. I now have 4 wine in the shop, and no dragon's blood to speak of.

Which is bad, since I just hit age 34. I bought the last Potions of Youth the shop had available, recovered with tomes of endurance (basically out of stock of Potions of Fitness), and am now age 31.

I also had another death yesterday. On that same trip that netted me the two potions, I got stoned by a Medusa coming up the stairs from floor 8 to 7. Not much I could do, since the map loading delay locked me into melee for a round. I had 95 stoning resist and a few hundred hits, but that didn't seem to matter - first stoning death of the character. I quickly went back and hit it with Paralyzing Death for revenge, but the damage was done - 400 days for rescue, and -1 con from stoning.

Aside from that, though, things have been going well. I feel confident enough to explore floors 12 and 13 with regularity, and I finally removed Leprosy from my buffer list - it was a good spell for a good long time, but it's just not efficient enough anymore, and the things I would hit with that I now am strong enough to melee down without needing multiple hits. I replaced it with Pillar of Fire, which is a nice complement to the Static Sash when hunting things like hammerhead sharks.

My buffers now look like:
1. Static Sash
2. Pillar of Fire
3. Acidic Spray
4. Paralyzing Death
5. Sphere of Harm
6. Crest of the Paladin
7. Unicorn Horn
8. Rod of Ultimate Power
9. Electric Field
10. Ring of Entrapment

6 and 7 are the hardest buffers to hit quickly, but my hands can do the shift-5 stretch without issue, and then the other hand can come up for 0 and 9.

This post has been edited by MythrilZenith: Aug 20 2019, 08:26 PM

--------------------

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Aug 21 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #144

Explorer

Got a Medallion of Dragons. Trying to fit Charm of Dragons onto my buffer list has messed EVERYTHING up. Seriously. It's not even that good of a spell anymore - sure it's stronger than a purple sash so it works against mundragons, white dragons and ice dragons, but it doesn't last very long, and dragons are rare enough that I don't always run into them unless I'm going to their lairs. I'm leaving it on buffer 9 right now. I moved EF to 6 and the crest to 7, and just get into my inventory for cure poison when I get poisoned. I could just take the crest off of my buffer bar since cure poison is more time-sensitive than healing, but without the crest on my buffer list I often forget that I even have it :shrug:

I've started getting a little more confident with using displacement (thanks to the 50-use sphere I have), but I still don't use it unless I hit a bad teleport trap or specifically want to visit a lair before I go home. There's a certain level of nervousness when typing in those crucial coordinates - almost like defusing a bomb, knowing that one wrong move can be your doom.

I also got paralyzed for 3-4 rounds in combat with a Minion of Death, and aged about 5 years before I could move again. I even had full 95% paralysis resistance, but the game didn't seem to care. Few things are more frustrating than being paralyzed and unable to get away while you have to sit and watch in horror as your character gets aged closer and closer to death's door.

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2019 - 11:03 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits