Guests cannot vote 
jack2005
post Jul 19 2015, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Voyager

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 300
referrer:www.google.com

Morder XP has been in development for a long time. But do you want to see development continue? I'm not affiliated with any of the development team but I've been waiting for years and can't allow such a highly anticipated release to be forgotten.

I was part of a small development team for a different project and often problems arrised and we didn't get on and proper process disappeared. Our product did disappear. Also giving up your time is not easy if there's no immediate reward for your effort.

Perhaps a more public approach with a kick-starter campaign or just knowing there are many waiting for a release can help.

If the project does fade then this whole affair is really a testament to David Allen and whoever created Avatar before that, that the game still has purchase in peoples lives.

However, if Morder XP were released next week the whole of dejenol.com would celebrate and would probably happily make a small donation, or would they?

I've setup this pole out of my own interest to see if how much support for Morder XP there is and explore what others are thinking.

I'd also be OK If development stopped then this could be a memorial of an almost made re make.

Best wishes to developers and other interested parties.

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jgbmcb
post Aug 15 2015, 04:48 PM
Post #2

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,209
referrer:google

I would still like to see this game, just touched base again with Mordor, couldn't find it anywhere and playing Mordor 2. Seems a shame not to finish it after all the effort

QUOTE (jack2005 @ Jul 19 2015, 01:54 PM) *
Morder XP has been in development for a long time. But do you want to see development continue? I'm not affiliated with any of the development team but I've been waiting for years and can't allow such a highly anticipated release to be forgotten.

I was part of a small development team for a different project and often problems arrised and we didn't get on and proper process disappeared. Our product did disappear. Also giving up your time is not easy if there's no immediate reward for your effort.

Perhaps a more public approach with a kick-starter campaign or just knowing there are many waiting for a release can help.

If the project does fade then this whole affair is really a testament to David Allen and whoever created Avatar before that, that the game still has purchase in peoples lives.

However, if Morder XP were released next week the whole of dejenol.com would celebrate and would probably happily make a small donation, or would they?

I've setup this pole out of my own interest to see if how much support for Morder XP there is and explore what others are thinking.

I'd also be OK If development stopped then this could be a memorial of an almost made re make.

Best wishes to developers and other interested parties.

Jack

+Quote Post
Mufti999
post Sep 13 2015, 03:35 PM
Post #3

Journeyman

Member No.: 6,567
referrer:Internet

Good to see, that there is a forum waiting for a game like Mordor(XP).

The sad thing is, that only 13% want to spent time and/or money (kickstarter). Why is that? The poeple playing mordor when it came out are between 40-50 now, having a job and hopefully can spend 20$ or for a kickstarter campaign. A shame.

+Quote Post
jack2005
post Sep 17 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #4

Voyager

QUOTE (Mufti999 @ Sep 13 2015, 04:35 PM) *

The sad thing is, that only 13% want to spent time and/or money (kickstarter). Why is that? The poeple playing mordor when it came out are between 40-50 now, having a job and hopefully can spend 20$ or for a kickstarter campaign. A shame.

It is sad. I think we may be a bit late to the party with this though. I think if I'd suggested this a few years ago when the forum was in full swing it may have gone down well. On the age front you're quite right although I'm only 25 as I started playing at 6.

This post has been edited by jack2005: Sep 17 2015, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post
Crusher Junior
post Sep 18 2015, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

For those who don't know, MXP went into a standstill years ago. The project became overambitious and our efforts came up short. The latest build of the game that I remember had some bugs but was pretty playable. It has 20+ dungeon floors, new items and new monsters (many of which were created but just not incorporated into the game yet).

I would more than welcome someone to contribute to the project. The pieces are there. Someone just needs to put them together.

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro

+Quote Post
jack2005
post Sep 20 2015, 08:41 PM
Post #6

Voyager

QUOTE (Crusher Junior @ Sep 18 2015, 01:48 AM) *
For those who don't know, MXP went into a standstill years ago. The project became overambitious and our efforts came up short. The latest build of the game that I remember had some bugs but was pretty playable. It has 20+ dungeon floors, new items and new monsters (many of which were created but just not incorporated into the game yet).

I would more than welcome someone to contribute to the project. The pieces are there. Someone just needs to put them together.

/
Who are the main programmers who've contributed and where are they now?

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Sep 2 2016, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499
referrer:google

laugh.gif guys
You know if someone would release the unfinished product as a beta, bugs and all, maybe it would actually motivate somebody to help finish it. At the very least the rest of us could appreciate whatever it was that the developers did. Instead everyone seems to be content with just letting this be vaporware with literally no one ever seeing anything at all. You know you're not going to finish it the way you're going now, so what harm could there possibly be in releasing a game that's gone several years without any movement?

+Quote Post
ghezra
post Sep 20 2016, 06:00 AM
Post #8

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,733
referrer:Other forums (Bay 12 games)

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Sep 1 2016, 07:00 PM) *
laugh.gif guys
You know if someone would release the unfinished product as a beta, bugs and all, maybe it would actually motivate somebody to help finish it. At the very least the rest of us could appreciate whatever it was that the developers did. Instead everyone seems to be content with just letting this be vaporware with literally no one ever seeing anything at all. You know you're not going to finish it the way you're going now, so what harm could there possibly be in releasing a game that's gone several years without any movement?

I think I saw somewhere that they aren't allowed to release the partial finished product based on their agreement on the LP.

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Nov 24 2016, 06:07 AM
Post #9

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

QUOTE (ghezra @ Sep 20 2016, 01:00 AM) *
I think I saw somewhere that they aren't allowed to release the partial finished product based on their agreement on the LP.

Call it a finished game, but open source it to the community for "mod support". Problem solved.
It's unfortunate to see a full year go between posts

+Quote Post
Sky.Death
post Apr 1 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #10

Voyager

Member No.: 1,415
referrer:GoOgle :) !

Hey everyone !
2017 and still hoping ^^
Is there anyone still working on the project ?
I sent a PM to Braindead (in Nov 2016) to be part of it but I don't know if he saw it.

Do someone have a precise idea of what is done and what has to be done ?

Cya

Sky

--------------------
Sky

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jun 2 2017, 05:05 AM
Post #11

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

QUOTE (Mufti999 @ Sep 13 2015, 11:35 AM) *

The sad thing is, that only 13% want to spent time and/or money (kickstarter). Why is that? The people playing mordor when it came out are between 40-50 now, having a job and hopefully can spend 20$ or � for a kickstarter campaign. A shame.

You can't throw money at game development and expect it to work.
There's a lot of failed Kickstarter projects that did a cut & run approach as soon as they saw the dollars roll in. If you want a good game, you need people with passion and commitment. A lot of the team here did it only as a hobby, anyways.

Also Mordor released in 1993? I found it in 2003 when I was 10, and I'm 27 now. You're off by a few decades there.

+Quote Post
Wyldstylist
post Jun 7 2017, 05:43 AM
Post #12

Drifter

Member No.: 3,465
referrer:searched on mordor played it alot as a kid

QUOTE (Danjen @ Jun 2 2017, 07:05 AM) *
You can't throw money at game development and expect it to work.
There's a lot of failed Kickstarter projects that did a cut & run approach as soon as they saw the dollars roll in. If you want a good game, you need people with passion and commitment. A lot of the team here did it only as a hobby, anyways.

Also Mordor released in 1993? I found it in 2003 when I was 10, and I'm 27 now. You're off by a few decades there.

I think these devs lost the data of this game or never made one just promises and photoshopped screens . This project was made way before opensource and android apps was mainstream kingsway os would be the alternative

+Quote Post
Omlet
post Sep 7 2017, 12:04 PM
Post #13

Student

Member No.: 4,165
referrer:www.google.com ;]

Honestly I've lost all hope now (or rather, like 5 years ago...) sad.gif

+Quote Post
Jason
post May 31 2019, 08:15 PM
Post #14

Drifter

Member No.: 8,719
referrer:Google

QUOTE (Omlet @ Sep 7 2017, 07:04 AM) *
Honestly I've lost all hope now (or rather, like 5 years ago...) sad.gif

Ya, I've lost all hope that MXP will ever become reality, which is why I started my own version of MXP. It is going to be open source and free as well, so shouldn't ever go the vaporware route. Anyone wanting to support me is welcome but I'd still write it anyway, which is what you need for something that's going to be free to the public. I've only been working on it for like a month so far so it still has a little ways to go, but it shouldn't be years in the making.

So, don't give up hope, but rather shift your hope!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 03:52 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits