> Back to Basics, a return to the true spirit of RPG
Xaphania
post Nov 19 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,960
referrer:I have my sources, most of them too simple for you to comprehend

This challange is a little bit of a wierd one. It can be made as easy or as hard as the player wishes. I am also permitting the use of Editors to achieve the starting conditions of this challange, since it would be difficult to get there otherwise. (apologies hardcore gamers).

You can submit/brag about entries at any point in the characters career, however the point of the challange is defined in the characters stats at retirement (IE dying of old age).

The challange is to create the most survivable HUMAN character within a given guild. In the true spirit of RPG you may choose any guild you wish to begin in, but you must start with the MINIMUM stats of that guild. This is the point where an editor may be required, and is the only point where an editor may be used. And, before anyone asks, YES that does include the Nomad guild (1,1,1,1,1,1) good luck with that.

ok.gif You may :-

Buy and or use any equpment that is in the Store, even if it has been placed there by another character and comes from deep in the dungeon, but you must buy it yourself.

Use anti-aging products, potions etc.

Buy and sell companions.

Retrieve the dead character form within the dungeon useing another character.

not_ok.gif You may not :-

Pass gold or items to your new character

Use any other glitch/cheat-ish method to obtain gold or items.

Pay for or otherwise interfere with the resurection of your new character.

Kill a monster with a powerful character and leave the ches for your character to open.

Use editors mods or other hacks to help you, other than to create starting conditions.

I don't know if anybody will be intersted in trying this challange, but i think it seems like fun. The difficulty is deided, more or less, by the guild you choose. Warriors will have an easier time to begin with than mages, and Nomads will suck completely.

When posting your characters, the stats you must include are:-

Name
Gold
Deepest level
Kills
Deaths
Completed

I appreciate this seems like a lot on info, but it will not go to waste, every month or so I will view the entries and come up with a "winner" for each guild.

As I have said, I'm not sure if anyone will want to try this, but would dearly love it if anyone was stupi...I mean brave enough to take up the Nomad challange. naughty.gif

--------------------
Iv're Sh'krina Nemos, Iv're Quentos Sh'krina Nemostes Diamante

Ede - Equ'st Equ'st

Div ' Niada Sh'krina
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Direnar
post Nov 23 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #2

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

So the challenge is to have high stats at death?

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- Xaphania   Back to Basics   Nov 19 2008, 03:18 PM
- - aardless   Characters are not suposed to have 1 1 1 1 1 1 sta...   Nov 19 2008, 10:50 PM
- - npsuber   QUOTE Characters are not suposed to have 1 1 1 1 1...   Nov 20 2008, 11:16 PM
- - npsuber   QUOTE Can characters change guild? What if they...   Nov 20 2008, 11:41 PM
|- - Xaphania   @ npsuber = QUOTE he does allow other characters...   Nov 21 2008, 12:20 AM
- - Direnar   So the challenge is to have high stats at death?   Nov 23 2008, 04:55 AM
- - Xaphania   Not really, there are a number of things that cont...   Nov 23 2008, 02:26 PM
- - Xaphania   I apologise for bumping the topic, but I just wond...   Feb 3 2009, 11:35 PM
|- - ranagrande   Well, I'll do this if no one else is going to....   Apr 8 2009, 04:29 PM
|- - ranagrande   And in just under one hour of playtime, here is wh...   Apr 8 2009, 05:59 PM
|- - Xaphania   You character sounds very interesting Rana, not re...   Apr 8 2009, 09:40 PM
|- - ranagrande   Here's a little update. I've found some n...   Apr 10 2009, 12:47 PM
|- - ranagrande   I think a solo ninja should be able to do it, but ...   Apr 14 2009, 01:18 PM
|- - ranagrande   I haven't played a whole lot recently, but I d...   Apr 23 2009, 02:52 PM
- - aardless   Hmm, I'm curious to see if a solo ninja can ma...   Apr 10 2009, 07:09 PM
- - grobblewobble   The worst problem I foresee is resistances, especi...   Apr 14 2009, 02:47 PM
|- - ranagrande   Initially, the limited resistances were a concern ...   Apr 14 2009, 03:23 PM
- - grobblewobble   Clever, I didn't think of that. On the other h...   Apr 14 2009, 03:50 PM
|- - ranagrande   Actually that's just one of my little Mordor q...   Apr 14 2009, 04:45 PM
- - Rotlung   You make me envious of individual characters. I...   Apr 15 2009, 09:13 AM
- - Nudibranch   If memory serves, I once tried to see how far I co...   Apr 17 2009, 04:26 AM
- - grobblewobble   I was thinking that another good guild to try this...   Apr 27 2009, 07:37 PM
|- - ranagrande   Villain was one of my top choices too. The healin...   Apr 27 2009, 07:58 PM
- - Technomancer   Well, I've jumped back into Morder after a whi...   May 1 2009, 07:51 AM
- - Xaphania   Hey all, I know you're not supposed to bump po...   Jul 7 2009, 01:13 PM
- - Twilight *slayer*   no one has touched this sence may so its been dead...   Jul 7 2009, 06:05 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 03:03 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits