> "can't create auto redraw image", any help appreciated
hyped
post Aug 24 2011, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,720
referrer:google search

The title error message appears when trying to boot mordor. Game starts fine but crashes when a character is loaded.

Hoping this is a common issue. Otherwise I am preparing tech specs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Aug 26 2011, 01:18 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

May as well post your tech specs so we have something to work with.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 29 2011, 07:48 AM
Post #3

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Never heard of this error, and a forum search yields no previous plea for help with this kind of error.
On the window that pops-up what does the title on the blue bar say?
Edit: I did a search and it appears this Visual Basic runtime error happens only on some Win98SE computers. You're running out of graphics memory, I think. Is that computer particularly ancient? Or perhaps are you running in compatibility mode? If that's the case switch to Win95 or something else.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
hyped
post Aug 29 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #4

Student

Thank you for the help. This error was occurring under 32 bit vista on a machine with plenty of memory for Mordor.

I believe this error was due to the fact that another graphics hog program was running while I attempted to launch Mordor and hasn't been seen since. Likely another game or something which would demand specific graphics settings.

Anywho... Here is another really weird one for you guys:

I cannot get the special * type of symbol to appear next to equipped items. I am almost very certain that this is because I had a Korean language / keyboard pack enabled under control panel -> regional settings.

One of the symbols for chests is appearing as a Korean character as well.

Now I have tried disabling / turning off the Korean language setting in Control Panel as well as re-installs of Mordor with no avail in treating this issue!

Thank you very much for the help. I have lurked these forums for tips a long time!

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Aug 29 2011, 05:11 PM
Post #5

Veteran

Sounds like the game is still pointing to a particular font, thus why * (which might be character 87 is replaced with the other font's equivalent).

Umm, try going into the options menu (F10), and set the font to like courier or times new roman or something.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 29 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #6

If you're on Vista, and have the language bar visible you should be able to change it to any Latin alphabet, by clicking on the language bar/band which should be next to the system tray and selecting Settings, the rest should be fairly self-explanatory. And welcome! happy.gif I'm glad my tip helped you out. Sounds like it's a problem of dedicated graphics memory, then.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

+Quote Post
hyped
post Aug 30 2011, 06:19 PM
Post #7

Student

Danjen I'm afraid these special symbols aren't showing up in any font.

Picture of the problem:

Aardless, I've tried messing around in these settings to no avail:

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Aug 30 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #8

Veteran

Yeah but, if you go into Mordor's options, what fonts are currently in use?

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 31 2011, 08:21 AM
Post #9

hyped, that second screen-shot is on the right track I think. Click Change Keyboard, then on the new window that pops up click Add and select any Western Keyboard, probably "English (United States)- US" (fun thing I just found out by troubleshooting this: if you Add it and then select the bulletted country "US" in this example, and click Properties, you see the actual keyboard layout, that's helpful if you are used to qwerty rather than azerty or what-was-its-name). Anyway, also select "English (United States)- US" as default language; this is the key thing, but you have to do all those steps, AFAIK, to get it to work. Once that is done, click OK to close this window, then right click on the Taskbar (bottom of the screen usually), and select Toolbars, make sure that "Language Bar" is checked. If it isn't check it. Now you'll see the country keyboard acronym ("US", "KO", etc. ) on the Language Bar, which is by default on the Taskbar, at the left of the System tray (where you have all icons on the lower right corner), select US, and you should be good to go.
The first time you do this you will receive a prompt to reboot at some point in the process, IIRC. You can switch back to Korean after you have played Mordor, simply click on Language bar and select "KO".

--------------------

+Quote Post
hyped
post Aug 31 2011, 07:00 PM
Post #10

Student

QUOTE (Danjen @ Aug 30 2011, 09:45 PM) *
Yeah but, if you go into Mordor's options, what fonts are currently in use?

The game's default fonts are currently in use. =-(

QUOTE (aardless @ Aug 31 2011, 08:21 AM) *
hyped, that second screen-shot is on the right track I think. Click Change Keyboard, then on the new window that pops up click Add and select any Western Keyboard, probably "English (United States)- US" (fun thing I just found out by troubleshooting this: if you Add it and then select the bulletted country "US" in this example, and click Properties, you see the actual keyboard layout, that's helpful if you are used to qwerty rather than azerty or what-was-its-name). Anyway, also select "English (United States)- US" as default language; this is the key thing, but you have to do all those steps, AFAIK, to get it to work. Once that is done, click OK to close this window, then right click on the Taskbar (bottom of the screen usually), and select Toolbars, make sure that "Language Bar" is checked. If it isn't check it. Now you'll see the country keyboard acronym ("US", "KO", etc. ) on the Language Bar, which is by default on the Taskbar, at the left of the System tray (where you have all icons on the lower right corner), select US, and you should be good to go.
The first time you do this you will receive a prompt to reboot at some point in the process, IIRC. You can switch back to Korean after you have played Mordor, simply click on Language bar and select "KO".

I'm sorry to say, although informative, this did not avail me! I used a flash drive to copy things over to a Windows XP computer (my current solution to my mobile mordor plea) and Windows XP machine does not have the same issue, or any issue with fonts for that matter and works 100%

I'm going to write this off as a ''Vista is a crazy OS'' issue and just move on. Thank you anyway though!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2019 - 06:08 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits