> Idea For New Music Mod
Crashland
post Jan 22 2016, 09:13 PM
Post #1

Teacher

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

The music in the town in this game really grates on my ears with how harsh and high-pitched it is. Sensory hell doesn't even begin to describe it, which is a shame because the rest of the game is so good. Long-time users of this forum surely remember my past (albeit half-assed) modding efforts.

So, I had an idea for a music mod for the game, and no, it doesn't involve changing the instruments and lowering the town's music by several octaves this time. I still don't have any musical talents, but I could instead find mid files on the internet and replace Mordor's already existing soundtrack.

I think a revolutionary theme would be nice, and it would work well with the Revolutionary Challenge I have going right now. The Internationale would be perfect for the main menu, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for the other tracks. unsure.gif

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Feb 15 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

One thing to say in favor of the town music (aesthetics aside) is that is has a 5/4 meter, something quite rarely seen in most music, let alone in an obscure indie video game. I'll indulge myself by dropping a little musical knowledge - here's a modern classical piece in 5/4 by Steve Reich with similar energy (or you might say stridency): Eight Lines (Octet).

Can't go wrong with the Internationale, tho. wink.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2019 - 05:31 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits