> I Just Found The Hammer!
Kyrsimys
post May 27 2011, 11:24 AM
Post #21

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,137
referrer:Slimey's mordor page

Resurrecting this topic to say that I just found the Hammer as well! Yay!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danjen
post May 27 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #22

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

Awesome! Good work.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post May 31 2011, 09:35 AM
Post #23

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Again from a Gorgon? Mythicals for the win.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Jan 31 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #24

Teacher

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

Has anyone ever found more than one of them?

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
Goopotato
post Aug 24 2012, 05:04 AM
Post #25

Journeyman

Member No.: 812
referrer:Google

Most everywhere I've looked only has Charon and Gorgon as possible droppers of the hammer... however, according to the editors, Flame Devils, Life Shifters and Assassins are also level 15 mobs that have a chance to drop hammers. Is it just that nobody's reported finding one from any of these monsters, or am I missing something else about the way loot tables work?

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 25 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #26

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

I just checked in Wabbit's editor. All tree of those are marked as "Item Drop Level" (at the top of the list of possible gear, top right corner) of 14, even though they are indeed level 15 monsters, so they indeed do not drop the Hammer. I don't remember if monsters on stud squares drop items a level deeper or not, but might be worth checking.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Aug 25 2012, 08:17 PM
Post #27

Fire Master

Member No.: 71
referrer:search

Stud squares don't affect drop level, though they spawn deeper monsters which usually have deeper drops. Another factor is that the drop is determined by the "first" monster only, so for instance you'll never see something from the Destroyer of the Deep's item list.

The "nothing" slot listed by Wabbit's editor is actually "random type", but I don't remember if there are any level 15 monsters with random slots and it would be that much rarer than getting it from Charon or Gorgon anyway.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Goopotato
post Aug 26 2012, 06:50 PM
Post #28

Journeyman

Member No.: 812

QUOTE (aardless @ Aug 25 2012, 12:25 PM) *
I just checked in Wabbit's editor. All tree of those are marked as "Item Drop Level" (at the top of the list of possible gear, top right corner) of 14, even though they are indeed level 15 monsters, so they indeed do not drop the Hammer. I don't remember if monsters on stud squares drop items a level deeper or not, but might be worth checking.

Ahh, gotcha... I was using Slimey's editor, which doesn't have the item drop level.

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Aug 25 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Stud squares don't affect drop level, though they spawn deeper monsters which usually have deeper drops. Another factor is that the drop is determined by the "first" monster only, so for instance you'll never see something from the Destroyer of the Deep's item list.

The "nothing" slot listed by Wabbit's editor is actually "random type", but I don't remember if there are any level 15 monsters with random slots and it would be that much rarer than getting it from Charon or Gorgon anyway.

Reaper of Souls, Shadow Ninja, T'Butu, T'Lanea, Great White, Black Gremlin, Demon Prince, Flame Devil, Destroyer of the Deep, and Red Cloak Assassin all have at least one "None" (random) slot and an item drop level of 15 or 16... but yeah, even if they could drop the hammer, the chances would be microscopic.

Has anyone figured out for sure what the Box 1, Box 2, and Box 3 entries are in Wabbit's Editor? In Slimey's Editor they're listed as Chance of Nothing, Chance of Box, and Chance of Chest, but the three rarely add up to 100, and in several cases all 3 of them are 0 (most insects and slimes, and a good number of animals), and in the big guy's case, all 3 are at 99.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Aug 27 2012, 04:47 AM
Post #29

Fire Master

QUOTE (Goopotato @ Aug 26 2012, 02:50 PM) *
Has anyone figured out for sure what the Box 1, Box 2, and Box 3 entries are in Wabbit's Editor? In Slimey's Editor they're listed as Chance of Nothing, Chance of Box, and Chance of Chest, but the three rarely add up to 100, and in several cases all 3 of them are 0 (most insects and slimes, and a good number of animals), and in the big guy's case, all 3 are at 99.

I... think?... that the game rolls for an item with each chance, which is why you can get up to three items in a chest occasionally. And I believe "nothing" should be "container" (that metal box, as opposed to the wooden box).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crunch
post Aug 31 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #30

Explorer

Member No.: 6,039

QUOTE (Crashland @ Jan 31 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Has anyone ever found more than one of them?

Don't think so. I only ever found the one. Still to this day haven't found a blessing and now that my characters are up to their 50's and 60's in age, trying to find more Dragon's Blood at this point (only found 12 so far). At the point where even if I find a potion of youth, I'll happily take it and use up a constitution stat raiser in the process.

+Quote Post
Crunch
post Sep 23 2012, 04:26 AM
Post #31

Explorer

Member No.: 6,039

Huh... found a Vorpal Blade today. Hooray for another rare weapon drop! happy.gif

Still no second Hammer though. Oh well, happy to have found one as it is.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 1 2019, 09:23 PM
Post #32

Fighter

Member No.: 8,408

QUOTE (Goopotato @ Aug 24 2012, 01:04 AM) *
Most everywhere I've looked only has Charon and Gorgon as possible droppers of the hammer... however, according to the editors, Flame Devils, Life Shifters and Assassins are also level 15 mobs that have a chance to drop hammers. Is it just that nobody's reported finding one from any of these monsters, or am I missing something else about the way loot tables work?

According to the wiki, Ancient Guardian has a level-15 drop and can drop hammers. Is that correct? Has anyone ever gotten a hammer from a Guardian?

+Quote Post
Mordion
post May 1 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #33

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (Roland @ May 1 2019, 05:23 PM) *
According to the wiki, Ancient Guardian has a level-15 drop and can drop hammers. Is that correct? Has anyone ever gotten a hammer from a Guardian?

Wabbit's Editor shows Ancient Guardian dropping from 15 but it doesn't drop hammers.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 2 2019, 09:49 PM
Post #34

Fighter

QUOTE (Mordion @ May 1 2019, 05:46 PM) *
Wabbit's Editor shows Ancient Guardian dropping from 15 but it doesn't drop hammers.

Thanks for checking. It appears that the Ancient Guardian's drop list in the wiki was just copied from the Gorgon's - they are identical.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post May 3 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #35

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (Roland @ May 2 2019, 05:49 PM) *
Thanks for checking. It appears that the Ancient Guardian's drop list in the wiki was just copied from the Gorgon's - they are identical.

I just fixed it.

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 3 2019, 08:13 PM
Post #36

Fighter

Thanks, Mordion. So AG can't drop the Hammer of O'landra, but can drop Gloves of Light, as well as the leather specialty armors. I guess it's still worth stripping off all my items to disarm slime traps on their boxes.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post May 4 2019, 11:57 PM
Post #37

Fire Master

Yeah, Gloves of Light are worth a bit of effort. I used to charm Gargantuans if I came across Mind Twisters with a chest.

The Hammer is nothing special, just super-super-rare.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th June 2019 - 03:03 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits