post Jun 26 2014, 11:26 AM
Post #21

Explorer

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,220
referrer:google

QUOTE (Danjen @ Jun 25 2014, 12:52 AM) *
Of course.

That's why I said to use original assets, eg. art+sound that you created.

ah sorry tongue.gif by original, I understood "assets from the original game"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 2 2014, 09:23 AM
Post #22

Journeyman

Member No.: 7,563
referrer:google search

Good news guys, exams are finally over, and i'll restart the development.
Pictures will be replaced of course but for now i need something to test with, I hope I won't get in trouble for this tongue.gif

I found an old friend who said he will do the pictures for me, let's hope he delivers.

+Quote Post
albertstoop
post Jul 2 2014, 11:16 AM
Post #23

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,525

QUOTE (tillrobby @ Jul 2 2014, 10:23 AM) *
Good news guys, exams are finally over, and i'll restart the development.
Pictures will be replaced of course but for now i need something to test with, I hope I won't get in trouble for this tongue.gif

I found an old friend who said he will do the pictures for me, let's hope he delivers.

Great to hear!!!

I found this forum yesterday and try to play it (android). If feels so good that i want to play it more. But i found some bugs and want to say some improvements.
Can i say the improvements here and/or can i post a reply in your website/blog?

- make a help page by race selection... To see which races can play which guilds

- make a help page by guilds... to see which stats are needed for the guilds [already in planning]

- add more characters if you started with 1 [already in planning]

- make the position of {main menu} in the dungeon a different position as a {new} game in main menu. 3 times now i wanted to go to main menu and by mistake "double" click i had started a new game. [solution: make a confimation yes/no to make a new game, please put no above yes. so if you "double click" by mistake you answer no "you dont want to create a new game" so it puts you back to main menu] I hope you understand this

- i cant figure out if you can give the treasure loot from character 1 to an other character. [if this exist already]

- [bug] nexus 4 - plain andriod 4.4.4. if i enter the dungeon i can move around and explore. if i walk back to the stairs i cant go upstair to the town. i press the button {stairs up} but i stay in the dungeon.

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 3 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #24

Journeyman

QUOTE (albertstoop @ Jul 2 2014, 02:16 PM) *
Great to hear!!!

I found this forum yesterday and try to play it (android). If feels so good that i want to play it more. But i found some bugs and want to say some improvements.
Can i say the improvements here and/or can i post a reply in your website/blog?

- make a help page by race selection... To see which races can play which guilds

- make a help page by guilds... to see which stats are needed for the guilds [already in planning]

- add more characters if you started with 1 [already in planning]

- make the position of {main menu} in the dungeon a different position as a {new} game in main menu. 3 times now i wanted to go to main menu and by mistake "double" click i had started a new game. [solution: make a confimation yes/no to make a new game, please put no above yes. so if you "double click" by mistake you answer no "you dont want to create a new game" so it puts you back to main menu] I hope you understand this

- i cant figure out if you can give the treasure loot from character 1 to an other character. [if this exist already]

- [bug] nexus 4 - plain andriod 4.4.4. if i enter the dungeon i can move around and explore. if i walk back to the stairs i cant go upstair to the town. i press the button {stairs up} but i stay in the dungeon.

Thanks for the tips smile.gif
Yes help buttons are in plan, it's hard for new players to guess all the info tongue.gif
Yes it's full of bugs for now, I focused on getting the mechanics done.
That main menu will be placed elsewhere, i'm planning on putting some skills there to press smile.gif

Fixed the last bug, download the .apk again, I built it over the old one. (I added some music but the apk got to large, then I removed the music, but the game tried to run it anyway tongue.gif )

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1951299...s_of_Orroth.apk

Also, added damage and armor changing when you equip new items. Now you start with 1 - 1 damage (hand damage), and you need to buy a sword from the shop. (the sword is 2 - 3, but you will have more damage if you have high strength)

This post has been edited by tillrobby: Jul 3 2014, 03:09 PM

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 9 2014, 08:50 AM
Post #25

Journeyman

A little update here.

I did the items exchange between characters, and now the bank works.

I'll start on the dungeon again, implementing water, holes, traps, secret doors, teleporters etc..

After that I'll start on guild skills, it will be different from Mordor, I don't know how you guys will like that smile.gif
My idea is that every guild gives you a skill every 3-5 levels, and skills will have more ranks to be worth leveling further. If you join more guilds you will have a lot of skills, but you can only use 5 in the dungeon, so it's up to the player which skills he will use.
Example: you are a warrior, a mage, and a thief and you have like 5 skills from each guild, 15 in total, and you select the ones you want.
I'm planning on skill synergy, for example, if you are lvl 20 mage and you have freeze, and you are lvl 30 warrior and you have bash, if you freeze a creature, then bash will be a critical hit on frozen targets.
Something like that smile.gif
I hope it will be fun to discover every synergy, and do some interesting builds smile.gif
I'm thinking way too far ahead xD

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 10 2014, 08:18 AM
Post #26

Journeyman

Anyone knows the falling damage formula?

+Quote Post
korexus
post Jul 11 2014, 06:03 AM
Post #27

Explorer

Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (tillrobby @ Jul 9 2014, 09:50 AM) *
After that I'll start on guild skills, it will be different from Mordor, I don't know how you guys will like that smile.gif
My idea is that every guild gives you a skill every 3-5 levels, and skills will have more ranks to be worth leveling further.

I like this. It makes sense that you have some visibility and control over what your character can do. - I'm going to practice fire spells, so my character is better than the average mage at fire spells, but as a result I'm less good in another discipline.

If you join more guilds you will have a lot of skills, but you can only use 5 in the dungeon, so it's up to the player which skills he will use.
Example: you are a warrior, a mage, and a thief and you have like 5 skills from each guild, 15 in total, and you select the ones you want.

I don't like this. If I know how to do something and it might save my life, I'm going to do it. There needs to be an in game reason why I'm so restricted in the dungeon. (Perhaps skills need equipment / spell components and I was only able to carry enough for five of them?)

I'm planning on skill synergy, for example, if you are lvl 20 mage and you have freeze, and you are lvl 30 warrior and you have bash, if you freeze a creature, then bash will be a critical hit on frozen targets.

I love this. It makes perfect sense from a game mechanics point of view and adds fun to the game finding out the combinations.

Something like that smile.gif
I hope it will be fun to discover every synergy, and do some interesting builds smile.gif
I'm thinking way too far ahead xD

Never hurts to be thinking about where you'd like to go with something as it can influence how you implement things right now. Just keep one foot grounded in the current development so you can turn out a product! cool.gif

Anyone knows the falling damage formula?

I have no idea, but I were to implement such a thing, I'd look at something like the difference in the squares of the levels you're falling between (so falling on deeper levels hurts more) and count pits as a fraction of a level (perhaps always the same, perhaps set per pit). I'd probably consider a reduction in damage based on dexterity, but cap that as falling a long way onto stone is going to hurt however dexterous you are. Then I'd figure out a multiplier by seeing how much falling into pits hurt people and deciding what feels right.

korexus.

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 11 2014, 06:35 AM
Post #28

Journeyman

Good ideas with falling damage smile.gif For now i just put a random damage between 10% and 30% of characters full health tongue.gif (higher for lvl 1 chars so they take at least 5 dmg)
But I'll add dexterity and level based later on when I'll have more levels.

Yesterday was a great development day, worked almost 9 hours straight xD
Made the water, the pits, secret doors and the teleporter(teleports randomly, need to do special teleporters wich land you on the same square every time)
You can test it in the first big room above the starting room.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1951299..._of_Orroth.html

+Quote Post
korexus
post Jul 11 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #29

Explorer

Found a fun bug for you. :-)

On returning from the dungeon, my character appears to have no gear. If I enter and leave the shop, it all returns.

Do you have a bug tracking system for people to mention things on?

korexus.

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Jul 12 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #30

Journeyman

Hmm, no bug tracking at the moment, but you can write all bugs here or on my blog

http://kapasrobert.wordpress.com/

That would be really great smile.gif

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Mar 22 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #31

Journeyman

Hello, was a long time since I posted here smile.gif

Still working on the mobile game but development is going slow, I have a lot of exams and projects to do (I got an internship at a really good company too).

I recently decided to publish the android version on Google Play, even if it's not finished.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...onsOfOrrothBETA

Still in Beta, still needs a lot of work, but it's easier for people to test it, it's safer then installing from unknown places.

Hope you like it, if you have anything to say please do, but remember this is not a perfect clone of Mordor anymore, don't want copyright lawsuits tongue.gif

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Mar 24 2015, 05:21 PM
Post #32

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

why not ask decklin to allow you to work for him and then you can make the full game for him

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
korexus
post Mar 24 2015, 09:36 PM
Post #33

Explorer

Pretty cool. Mostly makes sense to me right out of the box, although I have of course played a fair bit of Mordor first.

Biggest problem for me is in the shop: It was not obvious to me how to interact with this page.
- Maybe some sort of scroll bar to show that there are more items to the right.
- Definitely a buy/sell button for the current item. Double clicking, with no feedback that anything happened is not fun.
- Perhaps an indication of how many of an item you already have.
- The item information looks much better on the character's gear screen. Maybe reuse that in the shop.

I've gained the shield block skill, but I don't really know what it does. Apparently it reduces damage by 81% and has a cooldown of 10.00 seconds.
- I imagine that's reduced to 81%, otherwise that's a very strong skill so early on.
- When I tap the icon, a 10 second countdown starts. I assumed this was the skill being active, but the button was available again immediately, so it's probably the cooldown.
- How does it work then?

It seems odd that I can see exactly how many hit points an enemy has, but only get a life gauge for myself. It would be really useful to know exactly how many HP I have left.

Minor niggle: When fighting "2 spiders" if I kill one the name correctly updates to "1 spider", but if only one hits me while there are two of them then I get hit by "1 spiders".

That's all for now, I may have more later!

korexus.

This post has been edited by korexus: Mar 24 2015, 09:40 PM

+Quote Post
korexus
post Mar 24 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #34

Explorer

I just turned my volume up. Wow, the dungeon background noise is really great! ok.gif

I'm finding myself trying to navigate by tapping on the dungeon map. Not very Mordor-y, but perhaps easier for a small screen. Check out Pixel Dungeon https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...ou.pixeldungeon for an example of how that could work.

korexus.

+Quote Post
korexus
post Mar 25 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #35

Explorer

I'm not convinced my character's armour value is being calculated properly.

I am currently wearing:
Cloak: (Armour 6)
Helm: (Armour 3)
Amulet: (Armour 1)
Ring: (Armour 1)
Ring: (Armour 1)
Gloves: (Armour 16)
Chest: (Armour 18)
Shield: (Armour 23)
Pants: (Armour 6)
Boots: (Armour 3)

but my stats show a total armour of 3. I'm pretty sure that it was higher before. It seems that when I swap an item that I bought from the start with an item I've found in the dungeon, my armour value goes down. It's hard to investigate further than that though, as I can't remove an item without equipping another.

+Quote Post
korexus
post Mar 28 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #36

Explorer

I haven't figured out the armour issue yet, but it's not as simple as I first thought. Swapping armours appears to have consistent results, but my armour seems far too low.

On a tangential note, I seem unable to swap rings. When I try to put a new ring on, I get a dialogue asking which ring to exchange, but I can't select either of them. (Clicking one seems to interact with the display behind the dialogue, as I bring up the info for my chest armour while trying to select "Ring 1".)

korexus.

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Mar 28 2015, 09:13 PM
Post #37

Journeyman

Thanks korexus!

Nice feedback, just what I need smile.gif

That block shield is really 81% smile.gif Warrior is designed to be the tank and when there are 9 enemies (3 * 3) hitting the warrior it really needs that mitigation smile.gif
You can taunt so all of the enemies will hit only the warrior and activate this skill = pretty nice (he still gets a lot of damage)
The skill lasts 5 seconds, but has a 10 seconds CD. I need to work on skill descriptions too.

Good idea with the Shop Buy/Sell buttons.

There is a big problem with the armor formula now, a lot of other people said this, I need to take a look at it for the next update (I think the problem appears when using warrior skills).

Hmm need to look at the rings...

And good idea with Pixel Dungeon (love that game) style movement. Need to take a look at the source (if I remember it's open source)

+Quote Post
smiley
post Apr 1 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #38

Explorer

Member No.: 3,220

laugh.gif edit not_ok.gif rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by smiley: Jun 17 2015, 04:37 PM

+Quote Post
korexus
post Apr 3 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #39

Explorer

Just tried the new update, you've addressed a lot of the issues already, thanks!

I'm not seeing the new Combat Portraits. I have the option in my settings, and it's turned on, but nothing seems to have changed. I am running a single character, I don't know if that makes a difference.

A few more observations. :-)

My Warrior doesn't have the necessary stats for the guild. (I chose the guild when creating the character; I'm not able to join other guilds whose stats I don't meet.)

I picked up a cursed potion of agility, it worked like a normal one. Probably potions shouldn't be cursed. If they can be cursed then I'd expect them to have negative effects.

The show and character's gear screens are much easier to use with the info dialogues, but pressing the picture of equipped items is easier than pressing info for unequipped ones. Is it possible to use the picture for both?

Related to that, it would be nice to have an equip button for the info dialogue for unequipped items. (Or use for potions.)

Similarly, a Sell option on the item dialogue in the shop would make it clear what is happening.

I understand how the block skill works now, and it is nice to see feedback about how much damage I have blocked, but I wonder if it could be made clearer when it is active? Maybe highlight the icon with a 5 second timer while it's in use, then dim it with another timer while it's cooling down?

It's looking really good, please don't be discouraged by my constant stream of suggestions. I do a similar thing at work, and it's impressive how few bugs are turning up compared to what I see there!

korexus.

+Quote Post
tillrobby
post Apr 7 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #40

Journeyman

Oh nothing happens on a single character smile.gif The map dynamically moves down based on how many characters you have, try adding 1-2 other char to test it (you can kick them after that)

Yea the idea is that the first character you choose is the "chosen one" tongue.gif You can always get back to it no matter the stats. Maybe I should make it more clear.

Curse and Invisibility system isn't implemented yet.

Working on adding Equip/Drink/Read/Sell options right now smile.gif

About the active skills, I wanted to add little icons on the characters portraits, but that idea with highlighting is pretty nice!

I'm not discouraged smile.gif I do want feedback, it's hard to see where the problems are when you're working on a project alone and you understand how some unclear things work.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 10:59 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits