devi77
post Apr 30 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #21

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,237
referrer:google

Braindead, need help in screenshot...

in map file: floors from 6 to 15 are taken from MORDOR 1, 16 floor is clear...

Known bugs:
1. From time to time file mdata36.mdr becomes very large, about 950 mb, you need to leave the game and simply delete it. (search solution in progress)
2. Teleports from 6 to 15 floors still not working. (search solution in progress) - trouble in mdata11.mdr, i'm 100% sure, because if you take the original mdata11.mdr from mordor2 v.0.98 with 3 floors and add 4 and 5 floors taken from mdata11.mdr of mordor2 v.0.992 then teleports in them will not work

This post has been edited by devi77: May 8 2010, 11:55 AM

--------------------
I'm not a coder or hacker, i just love Mordor :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
npsuber
post May 2 2010, 09:19 PM
Post #22

Fighter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,099
referrer:from slimey

I don't have any high level M2 characters, so I can't do any testing below level 2 right now. But, looking at the maps with the editor, I've noticed a few things. First, on level 6, all of the extended area beyond where the M1 map was, is all in the same area number: 0. I have no idea whether this is part of the teleport problem on that level, but I thought I would point it out. Also, on level 7, there s some extra stuff in the extended area that was possibly accidentally partially copied from the center section?

I wish there was a full editor available for this version of M2, so I could create some high level characters to do some testing on the lower levels, but it looks like I'll just have to do it the hard way.

Thanks for your efforts on this. It looks great so far!

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 3 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #23

Explorer

Member No.: 6,039
referrer:Google

I've downloaded the demo and patch and have started a new game for the heck of it. It's definitely eye-opening on where DA was planning to go with this project. Unfortunately, some of the art is actually a hinderence to the legibility of the text. Still, interesting though as it's given me nostalgia on when I first played Mordor 1 and getting my ass kicked by a few level one baddies. laugh.gif!

+Quote Post
devi77
post May 8 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #24

Drifter

+ I don't know worked before lava or not, but in any case, now works smile.gif it ate my boots crybaby.gif

yahoo.gif i found Cross of Domination, Shadow's Blade and Flaming Sword! But now i can use only CoD... i'm still too small - "Lord Svarog" - ninja(126), "Kitsune" - wizard(89), "Chifa Bayo" - thief(59) and "Gabarun" - explorer(87).

This post has been edited by devi77: May 8 2010, 12:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 14 2010, 07:47 AM
Post #25

Explorer

This version seems to be more difficult than the original Mordor. I've only gotten myself to around level 20 and I'm only just getting to level 2 long enough to explore tiny bits and pieces at a time.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post May 14 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #26

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Great work, thanks a lot! I'd almost forgotten about my Mordor II characters, time to dust 'm off.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post May 22 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #27

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Ok, I finally noticed today that levels 6 to 16 are not completed yet and are (from level 7 on) basically just 30x30 copies from M1.

It will be a lot of work to make 10 fully functional 45x45 maps. There is a problem with teleporters, but maybe it will be solved later - in any case, teleporters arent that important anyway.

However, some notes for creation of maps 7 to 16. There are some lairs that need to be created, or were at least (probably) intended to be created. So these lairs could function as starting points for full maps.

Level 7: magi of chan (in addition to the 3 lairs that already exist).
Level 8: Dredan Lord (+ some rooms with dredans)
Level 9: Lead Murderer
Level 13: Ogre Lord and Keeper of the Slayer
Level 14: Sorcromancer (? not sure he should be laired)
level 15: dragon king & queen (? not sure they should be laired, but with the keeper storyline I guess it'd make sense)
level 15 stud, or 16: the ku'tan jenal

I checked the dungeon levels that these monster should appear on with an editor.

I'm not sure these are all the "intented" lairs, but in any case, we have the freedom of creation. It could be fun to add a griffin lair on level 11, for instance.

This post has been edited by grobblewobble: May 22 2010, 05:01 PM

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 23 2010, 07:48 AM
Post #28

Explorer

That would be cool to have a more completed version of this game. Do chutes work at all or am I just getting lucky in finding the chutes that lead nowhere?

+Quote Post
Danjen
post May 23 2010, 05:17 PM
Post #29

Veteran

Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

That means they're broken.

+Quote Post
npsuber
post May 23 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #30

Fighter

The chute on level 3 by the goblins (21,34,3) will drop you down 3 levels to level 6. Only problem? That spot on level 6 is rock. Your character won't become rocked, but there is no door to get out of the rocked area, so you have to use the editor to give yourself an out. And then, massacre on level 6, since my characters were barely up to surviving on 3. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 24 2010, 06:19 AM
Post #31

Explorer

Did anyone else run into a serious problem when accessing level 4?

I was getting use to level 3 and I thought I'd take a peak at level 4. When I took a stairs down near the middle of level 3, I was dropped in to a 2 by 2 room. It says my co-ordinates are 0,0,4 or 0,1,4 or 1,0,4 or 1,1,4. I tried hitting 'T' everywhere to no avail to get back out. I attempted to look at the other levels to tell you the exact co-ordinates of the stairs I took, but the whole auto-mapper is now blank!

Edit: Loaded my character that had complications and he entered the dungeon just fine. The stairs I took are at 29, 28, 3. The fourth level is still blank, but the other levels appear to be just fine.

Edit 2: I backed up all the data files manually and opened up MII in Braindeads editor. There is nothing past level 3. laugh.gif! I'm currently editting a very brief level to get my party back to level 3.

Edit 3: Behold! Level 4 like you've never seen it before. Now 100% monster free!

On the downside, I have to re-explore the other three levels again. Argh! Is there any way to get the remaining 13 levels in the mean time?

Edit 4: Before you ask, the teleporter is suppose to take you back to being directly on to the stairs up. I thought a teleporter and a stairs up would be enough, but it wasn't working. So I literally dug my characters back out of that level with Mordors longest doorless hallway. tongue.gif

Edit 5: If you have a similar problem, you'll have to fiddle your characters around, loading them one at a time because they are all located (probably) at 0, 0, 4. Once one character was loaded, the character popped up on to 1,1,4. It was then a matter of loading all the other characters 1 at a time and rejoining them in the party once they all appeared in a proper location. Then it was, of course, a matter of getting out of the level again.

Edit 6: Also, I thought the patch included levels 4 and 5 as well as the original levels from 6-15. I take that as a 'no'. :\

This post has been edited by Crunch: May 24 2010, 07:24 AM

+Quote Post
devi77
post May 24 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #32

Drifter

It's all because I made a mistake, the maximum level of the game - 15, and it is because of this game is buggy. I'll update the patch for 15 levels

Now about teleporters and chutes: Give me a full maps of levels from 6 to 15 and I will correct teleporters and chutes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 24 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #33

Explorer

QUOTE (devi77 @ May 24 2010, 08:00 AM) *
It's all because I made a mistake, the maximum level of the game - 15, and it is because of this game is buggy. I'll update the patch for 15 levels

Ahhh. Gotcha. Well, on the upside, at least it sparked one of the funniest (or dullest) levels ever seen.

QUOTE (devi77 @ May 24 2010, 08:00 AM) *
Now about teleporters and chutes: Give me a full maps of levels from 6 to 15 and I will correct teleporters and chutes

I think there are pictures of those levels on the Wiki. It's under Mordor 1, Spoilers and there's a page on there that shows complete maps. Dunno how much that helps though.

+Quote Post
devi77
post May 24 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #34

Drifter

I mean give me a full-45x45 maps smile.gif because the maps from M1 30x30 I have already moved in M2 mdata11.mdr

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 24 2010, 06:48 PM
Post #35

Explorer

Could someone post the mdata11.mdr file from v0.992? I attempted to install that version on Vista to extract the maps, but the install wizard for v0.992 doesn't work (it get's up to the progress bar completing the loading of the wizard, but nothing happens after that other than a process entry in task manager)

Edit: Well, either that or post an updated version of the file. I'm just after whatever levels are available after level 3 since it doesn't seem possible to get anything past level 3 at this point. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Crunch: May 24 2010, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
Danjen
post May 24 2010, 07:00 PM
Post #36

Veteran

I had no problems installing it in vista. Are you sure you waited long enough?

I don't see an attach button, and I don't feel like hosting it in the downloads section... here, try this and lemme know if it works.
http://www.filedropper.com/mdata11

+Quote Post
Crunch
post May 24 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #37

Explorer

Cool. That definitely works. Seems that the maps are different and the automapper started to display incorrectly. So I simply went in to the editor afterwards, added a level 6 and put stairs up where there were stairs down on level 5. That causes the automapper to be erased and start over which makes it so that there are walls where there are walls and open spaces where there are open spacers (in short, uncorrupting the automapper I think)

Thanks for the file! smile.gif

+Quote Post
npsuber
post May 25 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #38

Fighter

That chute on L3 (21,34,3) that goes down 3 levels should be set for 2 levels. In M1, that same chute goes to 5. But, since M2 v.992 had those intermediary floors that must be where the extra level of descent came from. I imagine there's more of that, at least on the first 5 levels.

+Quote Post
Danjen
post May 25 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #39

Veteran

Yeah, what was with those intermediary levels?

+Quote Post
npsuber
post May 25 2010, 07:25 AM
Post #40

Fighter

Looking at the maps with the editor, one thing I can see is that many of the teleporters that were a random in M1 are dead in the M2 mod. They are set as the non-random kind, but then the goto coordinates are all zeros. There are some chutes that are also set with a level of 0, so they go nowhere.

BTW, we need a version number of this one. It is a hacked .98 crossed with the maps from .992 and M1 by devi77. Maybe we should call it M2 v.0.98.77?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 10:36 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits