Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stats, How much they really matter
Throttle
post May 21 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Journeyman

Group: Members
Member No.: 177
referrer:Peeking around the internet for useful Mordor info, and just stumbled across the site.

Hello. I've been playing a party of a giant war/see, elf sor/pal and osiri hea/thi. I'm interested in starting a new party of dwarves, who can follow the optimal leveling route and join some more guilds for variation. The thing I'm concerned about is how much their relatively low stats will affect their ability to do well. Obviously, my giant has 30 strength and my osiri has 27 dex (natural max), but the dwarves will have quite a bit less than that. Will that make a big difference? I'm mostly concerned about the dex for the thief, and the amount of damage I'd lose from having only an average strength.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fart642000
post May 22 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #2

IT'S A DRABBIT!

Member No.: 15
referrer:I searched the earth for it until braindead sent me an invite

most races tend to have something to make them more balanced Dwarves may have less dex and str but they also have a long life span

anyway they wouldn't be as good as giants for str or osiri for dex but it should only reduce they're effectiveness a bit (you may notice some differences (like doing/taking less damage, active more traps, etc...) but it won't be a severe handycap

--------------------
Waffles - Well, you know what they say: kill thy neighbour, because it saves you having to remember two of the ten commandments. :D

Me:anyway i find it a bit scary how alike we think sometimes...
BL: It's because we're right :P
My forum (improved)

Braindead: Fart teaching me how to spell, LOL :) What will be next I wonder? :D
Cowboy:I leave you guys alone for 1 day and it's an orgy of politics and sex... what can I say, I taught you well :devilish:

+Quote Post
Crusher Junior
post May 22 2005, 05:53 AM
Post #3

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

it won't be a major factor for the warrior, although it may affect your thieving abilities. why make all of them dwarves? it's not like each character is going to join every guild they can. It's better to limit each character to 2-3 guilds

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro

+Quote Post
A. J. Raffles
post May 22 2005, 08:19 AM
Post #4

Evil Being

Member No.: 11
referrer:Braindead

Why not? A party of dwarves is a nice idea, actually...

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho... biggrin.gif

--------------------
The description-writers' mantra (as formulated by Beef):
No more imbuing unless it's really necessary...

http://www.reloaded.org/

"I am adorably stupid, and want everything explained to me - when the meaning is pleasant." - Gwendolen Harleth

No more finals-stress - what am I going to do with myself??

+Quote Post
Throttle
post May 22 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #5

Journeyman

Member No.: 177
referrer:Peeking around the internet for useful Mordor info, and just stumbled across the site.

Yeah, I think I read in the fantastic Mordor storyline that the dungeons were actually mines, so I wanted four dwarves. That, and unless I am mistaken, dwarves are the only ones beside humans who can follow the optimal leveling route completely (warrior-nomad-wizard) and also be healer, thief and seeker (I'm gonna make one of each)

+Quote Post
aardless
post May 23 2005, 09:48 AM
Post #6

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Again the exact formula isn't known, but there's a 7 str difference between Giant and Dwarf, meaning about 30% more damage for the former. Additionally, size differentials give Giant an extra 45% damage, for a total of about 90% extra damage. I don't know if this extra damage is multiplied to the whole formula, or only part of it (i.e. the log of the guild levels). Grobblewobble has suggested that the formula could be additive of the type:
ln( f(guildlevel) ) + x*Att
which might explain quite a bit of things. Assuming he is correct, you should make sure the Att of your Dwarves is as high as possible.
I don't mean to diss Dwarves: damage notwithstanding, Dwarves are excellent characters, because of their versatility and low experience requirements, what they can't kill as quickly as a Giant with hand to hand combat, they can WoD.

I've never played an Osiri thief, but I'm satisfied with my dwarven thief. wink.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th September 2020 - 11:34 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits