> Initial confinement
Jason
post Jun 6 2019, 04:13 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,719
referrer:Google

I was just thinking about how a freshly installed Mordor has an initial set of creatures in confinement, and how maybe it should start empty initially, just like your map initially starts out empty. I guess others have explored the dungeon before you and caught these creatures? But if that's so why is the map emtpy? They didn't want to share their knowledge of the dungeon layout? It's just not that logical an argument.

Anyway, aside from points of realism, lets consider what it provides in terms of gameplay. I'm thinking the reason behind having some initial creatures in confinement from the start is to allow players to buy some companions to take down on their first excursion into the dungeon to help them survive. Seems like a great idea since a lot of first character die in their first battle. I'm wondering though if anyone has actually utilized this strategy? For me, the idea didn't even occur to me until just now, prompting me to this post, so never occured to me. Problem is that I suspect the prices are too high for the budget of a first character, so maybe this wasn't really the intention.

So what do you guys think? You think the confinement should initially be empty, or have some creatures there to start with like Mordor has it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jun 6 2019, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Perhaps some weak (level 1) creatures fled the dungeon, severely injured, after losing a fight and were easily subdued by the city guard. The initial confinement population could be like the intial store inventory, which includes only the most basic of items - e.g., bronze weapons.

+Quote Post
Relea
post Nov 1 2019, 09:11 PM
Post #3

Student

Member No.: 6,441
referrer:google

QUOTE (Jason @ Jun 6 2019, 05:13 PM) *
So what do you guys think? You think the confinement should initially be empty, or have some creatures there to start with like Mordor has it?

I would say: there have to be some creatures and items, from a marketing point of view. You need to show a taste of the game to new players.
I was always intriged by that very expensive, very useful Sword of the Winds. I needed it so desperately, that I builded my game strategy on it...

+Quote Post
korexus
post Nov 3 2019, 08:37 PM
Post #4

Voyager

Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (Relea @ Nov 1 2019, 10:11 PM) *
I would say: there have to be some creatures and items, from a marketing point of view. You need to show a taste of the game to new players.
I was always intriged by that very expensive, very useful Sword of the Winds. I needed it so desperately, that I builded my game strategy on it...

I remember doing that in the freeware version. Then porting my character to the full version and finding out all about weapon resistance...

korexus.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2019 - 08:26 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits