Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

File Name: Monster Spawn Fixes
File Submitter: DarkerMuffin
File Submitted: 19 Jun 2015
File Updated: 24 Jun 2015
File Category: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol

This mod fixes a variety of spawning related issues in Mordor. A list of changes can be found in this mod's support topic!

To install, simply put the MDATA5.MDR file in your Mordor's data directory. Don't forget to back up the original MDATA5 file first!

Click here to download this file

--------------------
null
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jun 19 2015, 02:11 PM
Post #2

Fighter

List of changes:

Animals:

Pandruns were given the repeating monster type. When Rock Elves try to spawn two groups of them, it causes some weird spawning bugs. When this happens, all kinds of weird monsters showing up with Pandrun companions. Giving them the repeating companion type avoids this mess. This is really more of a Rock Elf fix, but the actually change happened on the Pandrun.

Devils:

Fire Lords are supposed to come with a second group, but have no other monsters in their partnering group. I gave them the repeating companion type, so now a second group of Fire Lords should accompany them. They need the help too; they're pitiful for a level 14 monster! Mundragons are tougher, and they're from level 9!

Elementals:

Air Elementals are supposed to come in groups of two, but there are no other monsters in their partnering group. I just made them a repeating group type, so they should come with a second group of Air Elementals now.

Junnarts are supposed to spawn with three groups, picking similar elementals from its partnering group like Dunnarts and Hennarts as companions. Dunnarts spawn one level too early to be picked as a companion, so Junnarts will never appear with companions. I changed their companion spawn so they'll always appear with hordes of Dunnarts.

Humanoids:

Ruffians, Jestors, and Filchers have their companion-types changed to humanoids. I also changed Ruffians to the repeating companion type, so they'll their second companion as another set of Ruffians. This should avoids a botched Filcher appearance from winding up with Ruffians appearing as companions to an Asteryex or something.

Indiginis:

Nakovants, Nabutus, Nalaneas, T'Manas, T'Butus, and T'Kovants now all have animal companions, which should let all of them spawn properly. This also lets the T'Lanea spawn with its full entourage!

Mages:

The Element Mage is supposed to have a second group of monsters show up with it. Since the Element Mage is in its own unique partnering group, it never can spawn a second companion. I ended up giving it a second Element Mage as its companion. The Element Mage has a unique feel to it, and sullying it with a mundane mage companion is just wrong!

Mythicals:

The Phoenix's companion type was changed to animals. This lets them spawn with their proper Golden Eagle companions, making for quite a nasty encounter! Fortunately, they're slow.

Reptiles:

Pegan Lizards will never spawn as a companion to the Gythyek Lizard, which is supposed to come in groups of 2. The issue here is that the Pegan Lizards come only one to a group, which trips a spawning bug. This is a bizarro case where changing them to come 0 to a group fixes things!

Thieves:

Gredlan Rogues were given the repeating companion type, so that they won't mess things up when Cutthroats spawn. They'll currently only mess things up if the Cutthroat spawns with 3 companions, and the first one happens to be a Gredlan Rogue.

Warriors:

Pinyls are supposed to come with a second companion, but never actually bring one along. Their companion type is set to mages, but their partnering group is all warriors, barring the oddball Guardians and Ancient Guardians. (I'm not sure why they tagged along in group 33. Maybe they were originally warriors?) I could see them with an Enchanter companion or something, especially since the two partnering groups are a single typo away (33 and 32), but since the Warrior specifically brings along Pinyl companions, it makes sense to keep the Pinyl hanging out in the warrior group.

Ninjas won't ever show up as a partner to Master Ninjas. This is one of the weirder spawning bugs, which involves monsters that come one to a group never spawning as companions. The fix here is to change Ninjas to come to 0 to a group, and for some reason, that works! I have absolutely no idea why.

Holy Warriors are supposed to come in groups of two, but don't have any companions that can spawn in its partnering group. I changed them so they can spawn a second Holy Warrior as a companion. I'm not sure if this is the best choice; they might make more sense alone.

Shadow Ninjas are infamous for never spawning. The fix for them was to set them to specifically spawn Master Ninja companions. Normally, they can never spawn companions because the Master Ninjas show up twp levels too early. They also always try to come in groups of four, so they end up trying to spawn a minimum of one companion, fail, and get rerolled into some completely different monster. I'm a little worried that they'll be too dangerous with a bunch of Master Ninjas, but it is floor 16. (Normally, they would come with one Shadow Ninja, one Master Ninja, and two regular Ninja, but there's no clean way to give them those spawns.)

Water-Dwellers:

The notorious Dragon Turtle now spawns hordes of Kyu t'Salli companions. Normally, they can never spawn companions because their first companions, Kyu t'Salli, show up one level too early. Since they try to spawn in groups of four, they never actually successfully spawn. To fix this, I changed its companions so that it will always spawn with a bunch of Kyu t'Salli.

Minor Changes:

Morguls now have monster ID 275. This doesn't change anything in the base game, but does let you lair both Morguls and Shadow Ninjas on the map.

There were a couple of inconsequential base monsters that I was slightly worried about causing the strange companion bug. Just in case, I changed Dimeons and Kyu Hethas to the repeating companion type. Neither one spawns companions, but they do show up with monsters that spawn three groups. This shouldn't affect anything in-game besides possibly preventing the bug.

This post has been edited by DarkerMuffin: Jun 24 2015, 08:39 AM

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Jun 19 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #3

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

this wont overwrite the mod you made with the colorful gremlins and the never spawned DT and T'M will it?

EDIT: it overwrited the colorful gremlins

idk about the t'm and DT

This post has been edited by i_love_rush_and_ledzepp: Jun 19 2015, 05:06 PM

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
korexus
post Jun 19 2015, 07:37 PM
Post #4

Voyager

Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 19 2015, 03:11 PM) *
The Element Mage is supposed to have a second group of monsters show up with it. Since the Element Mage is in its own unique partnering group, it never can spawn a second companion. Choices included letting a second Element Mage as its companion, or giving it one of the regular mages. I ended up giving it Conjurers as a specific companion.

Would elementals have made sense? Would work thematically (perhaps only air elementals) if I lived in a dungeon and had magical command of the elements, I'd be creating myself some mystic bodyguards, not just training up the competition.

On the other hand, that combination would have a lot of resistances between them and the ability to dish out some nasty attacks, so might be a bit mean for level 4...

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jun 21 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #5

Fighter

QUOTE (i_love_rush_and_ledzepp @ Jun 19 2015, 11:03 AM) *
this wont overwrite the mod you made with the colorful gremlins and the never spawned DT and T'M will it?

EDIT: it overwrited the colorful gremlins

It does overwrite both. Assuming you already have the gremlin MG11 file in your data folder, here's an MDATA5 file that should enable the unique colors. Behold!

The Dragon Turtle and T'Mana mod is also overwritten, but this mod lets them spawn too. There are a couple of differences though. The T'Mana mod modifies the Dragon Turtle so that it starts appearing on level 13 instead of 14, which lets it spawn with its normal group of cascading companions. The monster groups will look like this:
  1. Dragon Turtle
  2. Kyu t'Salli
  3. Kyu Nardana
  4. Kyu Hota
This mod leaves the Dragon Turtle on 14, and instead changes its companions so that they're all Kyu t'Salli. Groups will look like this instead.
  1. Dragon Turtle
  2. Kyu t'Salli
  3. Kyu t'Salli
  4. Kyu t'Salli
Another way to get the Dragon Turtle to show up would involve bumping down the Kyu t'Salli to floor 11 instead of 10 and the Kyu Nardana to floor 8 instead of 7. This would let the Dragon Turtle show up on 14 with cascading groups of companions, but it's incredibly disruptive for the non-broken water-dwellers.

The Shadow Ninja changes differ as well. In the T'Mana mod, the Shadow Ninjas have their number of groups reduced to 2, which lets them occasionally spawn, but never with companions. In this mod, they'll spawn with a horde of Master Ninja companions. I think the way that the game would try to spawn them, if there weren't any spawning bugs, would look something like this:
  1. Shadow Ninja
  2. Master Ninja
  3. Ninja
  4. Ninja
The T'Manas are changed in the exact same way between the two mods!

It's definitely possible to merge these two mods together, by changing this mod's Shadow Ninjas and Dragon Turtles around so they match up with the T'Mana mod. I can put that together quickly, if you're interested.

QUOTE (korexus @ Jun 19 2015, 01:37 PM) *
Would elementals have made sense? Would work thematically (perhaps only air elementals) if I lived in a dungeon and had magical command of the elements, I'd be creating myself some mystic bodyguards, not just training up the competition.

On the other hand, that combination would have a lot of resistances between them and the ability to dish out some nasty attacks, so might be a bit mean for level 4...

I think the Element Mage's name comes from the element spell type, rather than its control of the elements. It can only cast element spells and completely misses out on the fire/water/electric ones. This was a big reason behind leaving it with the boring mage companions instead.

Before I realized that, I was strongly considering Air Elementals. Besides the fitting name, there were a few vague hints that I thought might mean they were conceived together. Their monster IDs are very close, 299 and 302, so they were probably created around the same time. It seemed possible that the Air Elementals were made to go with the Element Mage as a specific companion. Their partnering groups, 66 and 67, were adjacent, although that could be from being created around the same time. They also fit together nicely in terms of guild levels and HP; the Element Mage slightly beat out the Air Elementals in both of these categories. (If Mordor had a large fanbase, I'd expect to see these two shipped together.)

I was still dubious about it though, since there wasn't much beyond those vague hints. There were also a few things that didn't match up. The Element Mage only summons one companion group, while the Air Elementals are supposed to spawn in two groups. It seemed odd that the Element Mage would try to summon them in half-force! There was also the default mage companion type the Element Mage had. This didn't mean too much, since a lot of monsters do have strange values for this. I was also a bit concerned about putting a rarish monster as a companion to a laired one, since that would simplify Air Elemental quests.

Anyways, around this time I realized the Element Mage only casts Element spells, which was enough for me to decide against it.

I decided to switch the Element Mage to have a second Element Mage as its companion though. I wasn't crazy about the Conjurers; I chose them because I wanted a stronger mage than the Charmers and Enchanters to appear as its companion, but the Sorcerors were too overshadowing. (The Sorcerors are a bit weaker in pure stats, but they get the element spells, plus the fire/cold/electric spells!) I didn't really like any of the options available, and basically chose the Conjurers by process of elimination, once I decided against elementals. The more I thought about it, the less I liked them as a companion. The Element Mage has a unique feel to it, one which the Conjurers (and other mages) detract from. Giving them a mundane mage companion was a mistake, so I've swapped them to a second Element Mage companion.

This post has been edited by DarkerMuffin: Jun 21 2015, 08:19 AM

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jun 24 2015, 06:16 AM
Post #6

Fighter

I noticed a couple of other monsters that I missed, so I've fixed them up. I want to run a few more tests to make sure everything's working, then I'll upload an updated MDATA5 tonight. EDIT: The download is up to date!

Fire Lords are supposed to come with a second group, but have no other monsters in their partnering group. I gave them the repeating companion type, so now a second group of Fire Lords should accompany them. They need the help too; they're pitiful for a level 14 monster! Mundragons are tougher, and they're from level 9!

Pinyls are supposed to come with a second companion, but never actually bring one along. Their companion type is set to mages, but their partnering group is all warriors, barring the oddball Guardians and Ancient Guardians. (I'm not sure why they tagged along in group 33. Maybe they were originally warriors?) I could see them with an Enchanter companion or something, especially since the two partnering groups are a single typo away (33 and 32), but since the Warrior specifically brings along Pinyl companions, it makes sense to keep the Pinyl hanging out in the warrior group.

This post has been edited by DarkerMuffin: Jun 24 2015, 08:41 AM

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
Roland
post Nov 2 2016, 12:49 AM
Post #7

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

I installed this mod two days ago. Last night, in my first run since installation, I encountered Nakovants twice! Until that run, they had never been sighted in the dungeon before - quite an inconvenience when I had to forfeit a Nakovant quest recently.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Mar 6 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #8

Mentor

Last night my level 215 Seeker got his first T'Mana quest. I'm running this mod, so it should be possible for T'Manas to appear, but I have not yet sighted one. (I've only been on 11 a handful of times and have about 15% of it mapped.) With the mod, are T'Manas still rare, or can I expect to run into one soon if I hit the right rooms on 11?

In the meantime, I decided this would be a good time to make some levels in the Thief guild.

My Seeker wasn't the only one who got a tough quest yesterday. My Paladin was quested for a Gibbering Yethwa. I had just sighted my fourth one ever on the previous run. I figured that had probably exhausted my quota for the day, so I forfeited the quest.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 26 2019, 07:13 AM
Post #9

Mentor

Would it be possible to fix the spawning of Kei-Shumas with this mod? I just had to forfeit a Kei-Shuma quest. I visited their lair a dozen times and never found one, nor did I find one anywhere else. Only 199 have ever been sighted in my dungeon, which suggests they are rare. But their spawning chance is listed as 50, which should make them fairly common. So it looks to me like there is a spawning problem with Kei-Shumas.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jul 26 2019, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (Roland @ Jul 26 2019, 03:13 AM) *
Would it be possible to fix the spawning of Kei-Shumas with this mod? I just had to forfeit a Kei-Shuma quest. I visited their lair a dozen times and never found one, nor did I find one anywhere else. Only 199 have ever been sighted in my dungeon, which suggests they are rare. But their spawning chance is listed as 50, which should make them fairly common. So it looks to me like there is a spawning problem with Kei-Shumas.

I don’t have the data in front of me, but if all the devil rooms on 7 also spawn many different types of monster they could still be somewhat rare. Use the super seer 2.0 to see where the devil hot spots are.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 27 2019, 01:55 AM
Post #11

Mentor

QUOTE (Mordion @ Jul 26 2019, 06:25 PM) *
I don’t have the data in front of me, but if all the devil rooms on 7 also spawn many different types of monster they could still be somewhat rare. Use the super seer 2.0 to see where the devil hot spots are.

I always use the SuperSeer for tough quests. But Kei-Shuma should not even be tough. It has a lair, which means it should have a 75% probability of appearing there. And its encounter chance is 50, which is fairly high. There is clearly a spawning glitch with Kei-Shumas. The only question is whether it is companion-related glitch of the sort this mod fixes.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 27 2019, 02:44 AM
Post #12

Mentor

I just checked Darker Muffin's sortable monster companion table. If I am interpreting it correctly, the only other monster in the Kei-Shuma's spawning group is the Nan-Shuma. The fact that the latter is four levels less than the former (3 vs 7) might prevent the Kei-Shuma from spawning with companions (this is the same thing that causes Dragon Turtles not to spawn). Therefore, the game would re-roll the encounter unless it decides to let the Kei-Shuma appear without a companion.

I've PMed Darker Muffin about the matter.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 29 2019, 05:22 AM
Post #13

Mentor

I finally found Kei-Shumas in their lair - twice. Both times there were two Kei-Shumas in the first slot and nothing in the other slots. The lack of companions tends to support my theory about their spawning problem.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Nov 8 2019, 03:57 PM
Post #14

Fighter

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Is there an updated link to the MDATA5 for the combination of this plus the colorful gremlins? The one DarkerMuffin linked in his post talking about it goes to a dead page, and it doesn't seem like this site's downloads section has the compatible version (it was last updated before this one came out).

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 03:23 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits