Ralock
post Mar 22 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,286
referrer:The interwebs

Hey,

I'm new to these forums, but they seem like the only active place anymore for Mordor things. I've had this game for ages, and had the full version back in the day. I got a new computer and ended up copying Mordor over to it from the old computer, along with all my other really old games.

Problem is, I seem to be missing a lot of files needed to play it. I've hunted down the vbrun300.dll and tried a couple downloads of the vbctl3d.vbx that I'm missing now, but can't seem to find the one it wants. I saw Slimey's website /used/ to have a .zip of all the .dlls and .vbxs you need but the links to all of the files he was hosting seem to be dead.

So does anyone have or know where I can find a copy of this .vbx? Or better, a .zip with all the files you need? I have a feeling that even after I get this I'll be missing something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Roland
post Aug 6 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #2

Soldier

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Try this link:
http://dejenol.com/forum/index.php?automod...amp;showfile=22

+Quote Post
bandieramonte
post Aug 9 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #3

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,223
referrer:Google

QUOTE (Roland @ Aug 6 2018, 02:32 PM) *

Whoa thanks! Those were exactly the files I was struggling to find.

I installed WinXP in an Oracle VM VirtualBox and though I can start Mordor and it works with music and sound, it is way too laggy when moving in the dungeon. Like I press the -> arrow to move, then it takes like half a second to actually move. Imagine adding up all the lags after exploring the dungeon.. no way
I am trying to figure out a way to solve this.

Update:
I could manage to make the WinXP within the virtual box run quite fast by enabling hardware virtualization in the BIOS settings from the host OS, just in case it helps anyone.
Now I am on my way to finishing the game for 1st time ever since starting to play in 1996.

This post has been edited by bandieramonte: Aug 14 2018, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 01:42 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits