Kingkirki_49
post Sep 13 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Illusionist

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,203
referrer:Slimie's site

as i said in another post:

TBH if this site dies a part of me will die too. sad.gif since mordor1.1 is one of the first rpg's i have ever played and STILL play laugh.gif all the others get boring too fast where mordor lives up to its word! "this game was designed to keep you playing for hours" AND IT DOES! biggrin.gif

quote on taffer
but at least when here you post a number of threads that are at least relevant to Mordor, which is needed because this site is slipping into obscurity

is the site really slowly going down?

what can i do to help?

on another matter, why cant i post in site related?

--------------------
Ich kann 5% deutsch sprechen.

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

siggy last edited on 17/11/09 @ 8:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Sep 13 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

I think so, yes. The site currently feels a little stagnant. Lack of activity. It can be days or in some cases, a week, before any new posts are made.

Personally, I don't post unless I see an interesting thread, and if the current ones are "boring" and no new threads pop up, then I won't post at all, so that effectively means no activity from me. Realize that a large percentage (35% or so) of people likely also share this view, and it means that the lack of posts will only continue to feed the lack of posts. But the good news is that the opposite is true: a community will thrive if there is a lot of interesting, new content.

Another thing to consider that the Mordor series was (in my eyes) more of a niche hit when it was released. Yes, it has a large fanbase, but I never read about it in any gaming news, for example, so there is little publicity. So, the fanbase is essentially locked in, and over time, will continue to decrease. People have lives and important things come up that stop them from coming to a fan site like this one (or they lose interest, or whatever).

Anyways, it feels like only a select group of people continue to view and post messages here. I like this site, and I want it to be around for a long time. And what I said above may or may not be true, but I'm not being a pessimist, I'm just being what I feel is realistic.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 13 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #3

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

We'll see about the site slowly going down. I guess people grow bored of waiting for MXP and lack of activity begets more lack of activity, as Danjen said. A forum needs to offer something to thrive, and ever since the full version of M1 was taken down posting activity has declined.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Sep 13 2009, 10:36 PM
Post #4

Veteran

Then, should the team make a renewed effort to finish MXP up to a beta?

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 13 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Illusionist

well i still like to talk with you guys. you guys are the only "cool" people i have ever believed were cool out of all the fourms i go or have gone to

also i try my best to distribute the shareware version to people when ever possible tongue.gif

(NOTE TO DANJEN: i dont normaly go off topic much however since the pm is down i wanted to know could re add you. what was your YIM or MSN id again?)

--------------------

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Sep 14 2009, 12:48 AM
Post #6

Veteran

It's Danjen02@hotmail.com. I believe you added me at one point, and then deleted me on June 1st because I didn't respond. I do recall telling you that I'm usually busy and I leave my computer online all the time, but this really isn't the thread for this.

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 14 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #7

Illusionist

QUOTE (Danjen @ Sep 13 2009, 08:48 PM) *
It's Danjen02@hotmail.com. I believe you added me at one point, and then deleted me on June 1st because I didn't respond. I do recall telling you that I'm usually busy and I leave my computer online all the time, but this really isn't the thread for this.

ok re added you.

(i do apologise i would have pmed you but the pm system is dead)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Sep 15 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #8

Teacher

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (aardless @ Sep 13 2009, 02:52 PM) *
We'll see about the site slowly going down. I guess people grow bored of waiting for MXP and lack of activity begets more lack of activity, as Danjen said. A forum needs to offer something to thrive, and ever since the full version of M1 was taken down posting activity has declined.

Just curious, but if having the full version of M1 on the site inspired more posting activity, why not put it back up? If there is anything this site needs more of, after all, it's more posting activity.

QUOTE (Danjen @ Sep 13 2009, 03:36 PM) *
Then, should the team make a renewed effort to finish MXP up to a beta?

I think it should. In my opinion, the completion of Mordor XP would be among the biggest and best news this site has ever had. It would generally increase this site's popularity on the forums and abroad.

I must ask, though, why the sudden decline in progress on the Mordor XP project? Shouldn't it be the number one priority for this site?

QUOTE (Kingkirki_49 @ Sep 13 2009, 04:53 PM) *
well i still like to talk with you guys. you guys are the only "cool" people i have ever believed were cool out of all the fourms i go or have gone to

I feel the same way... This community is among the best I have ever belonged to. It would be a such a shame if this community were to perish. You all are among my closest friends, you know.

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 15 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #9

Illusionist

QUOTE (Crashland @ Sep 14 2009, 09:55 PM) *
Just curious, but if having the full version of M1 on the site inspired more posting activity, why not put it back up? If there is anything this site needs more of, after all, it's more posting activity.

i know sad.gif what did decklin hope to acomplish by trying to resell it? i will promote any illigal sales or anything its just a question thats all

I must ask, though, why the sudden decline in progress on the Mordor XP project? Shouldn't it be the number one priority for this site?

i agree we must make MXP priority or else asmodeus and all the mordor creatures will get us all for killing their childrens future laugh.gif xD

laugh.gif get it? the new and remade monsters on mxp?

I feel the same way... This community is among the best I have ever belonged to. It would be a such a shame if this community were to perish. You all are among my closest friends, you know.

yes it would be a verry sad day for mordor world wide sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Sep 15 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #10

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

QUOTE (Crashland @ Sep 15 2009, 02:55 AM) *

Cause Slimey and/or Braindead almost got sued by Decklin that still sells it while it was up. (Think it was when Braindead opened this site we received an angry e-mail.)

However David Allen gave the team permission to reuse any graphics/sounds and code for the remake.

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 15 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #11

Illusionist

QUOTE (Direnar @ Sep 15 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Cause Slimey and/or Braindead almost got sued by Decklin that still sells it while it was up. (Think it was when Braindead opened this site we received an angry e-mail.)

really? that sucks... trying to sue someone over a game that was made quite a while back is stupid IMHO

i give slimey and BD my upmost congratulations for avoiding the lawsuit

good job guys! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kingkirki_49: Sep 15 2009, 05:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Sep 15 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #12

Veteran

QUOTE (Kingkirki_49 @ Sep 15 2009, 05:57 PM) *
really? that sucks... trying to sue someone over a game that was made quite a while back is stupid IMHO
Obviously you aren't familiar with the logistics of basic copyright law and intellectual property.

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 15 2009, 08:30 PM
Post #13

Illusionist

QUOTE (Danjen @ Sep 15 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Obviously you aren't familiar with the logistics of basic copyright law and intellectual property.

i understand its illigal and such i just think suing over a video game is dumb. i can understand music and videos but a game like mordor? its just silly. you said they diddent top 3k USD id understand if it made hundreds of thousands to millions like D&D and WoW... sigh sometimes this world confuses me sad.gif

EDIT: i mean mordor makes people like you and i have fun... i just dont understand why decklen even decided to re sell it if it was goina cause leagle problmes sad.gif

This post has been edited by Kingkirki_49: Sep 15 2009, 08:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Braindead
post Sep 16 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #14

Zombie Master

Member No.: 1
referrer:;)

Richard (aka Decklin) is a nice guy, never threatened with a law suit, he did ask to stop distributing the game here and it's his good right to keep selling the game since he's the legal owner. I'll try to have another chat with him to reconsider releasing Mordor to a freeware status.

And about Mordor XP, yes we'll finish it someday, but we want to deliver a game that has a finished feel to it... now it's a matter of finding time to do these final finishing touches (atm I even hardly have time to visit the site right now, sorry bout that)

--------------------
Do not PM me for support, if you have troubles running Mordor ask in the Technical Support forum!

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Sep 16 2009, 07:17 PM
Post #15

Illusionist

QUOTE (Braindead @ Sep 16 2009, 03:07 PM) *
Richard (aka Decklin) is a nice guy, never threatened with a law suit, he did ask to stop distributing the game here and it's his good right to keep selling the game since he's the legal owner. I'll try to have another chat with him to reconsider releasing Mordor to a freeware status.

well either way it doessent really matter because i have the full version (ordered from his site). and if he wont i can understand that smile.gif

And about Mordor XP, yes we'll finish it someday, but we want to deliver a game that has a finished feel to it... now it's a matter of finding time to do these final finishing touches (atm I even hardly have time to visit the site right now, sorry bout that)

i am sorry to hear that you are busy. sad.gif hopefuly when MXP compleated we will all have loads of fun smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 16 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #16

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Decklin once said that Demise sells itself, so I expect Mordor does as well. He is a shrewd businessman, he wouldn't have bought all the rights from DA if he wasn't convinced it would pay for itself.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Sep 17 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #17

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

The tihng is, most of the people on the team have something else to do at the moment.
I definitely want this forum to thrive, and it's not for my personal amusement that I've thrown tidbits here and there, it's because I really feel a connection after all these years of being here and reading intelligent (and not so) people voice their opinions on something that I had immense pleasure experiencing.

When people finally got together for doing the project I felt immensely honored for being included for my work (however little it's been, I did write the beginning of each storyline and gave some ideas for the general direction) and I immensely respect all the other people who gave their time for this.

I've been checking the forum every once in a while to see any progress and belive me I will be one of the first to give my input if a beta is ever released.
I love Slimey (mate come write something to us, update your situation!!!!!) aardless, CJ, taffer, BDead (mad props for you man, you'd have a place in my will if I weren't so young tongue.gif), zahmees, grobblewobble, peterG, danjen and many many many others (please, I'm very sorry if I'm forgetting names but it's 4AM), I love how we evolved as a community, and I love that our newbie thread is 9807987987988798 pages long!

We have a healthy forum for a change, with good, friendly, mature, and very smart people, aswell as having an insane amount of tolerance for the content of the posts. I love how this forum almost regulates itself, when activity declines, people automatically flock together to make this place survive, because all of us gave a little piece of us to this forum, we all bookmarked it as soon as we learned it's existence, and it's not weird that i googled "Mordor Braindead" in internet cafes whenever I didnt have a computer with internet of my own. I must say that the whole "project" has made me realize how much I can accomplish, and the importance of teamwork in a creative process.

Seriousely, you guys have given me one window on life I would otherwise be locked out of (remember, I am a Ukrainian, having lived in Angola for 10 years, in france for 3 years, and now in portugal for a total of 8 years, so yeah I speak quite a few languages and can relate to many cultures) and I am extremely grateful. And the fact that some people remembered my birthday brought tears to my eyes (yes, I was drunk when I read Grobble's post).

Thank you for all this work and emotion, and let me say: As long as I have the internet, I will continue posting on Braindead's Mordor forums.

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Sep 17 2009, 12:35 PM
Post #18

Dungeon Master

Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

To be honest I noticed your birthday because it happens to be the same day as mine. wink.gif

It would be great if this mordor XP project would work out, it will probably generate a lot of renewed interest. In fact I've been considering applying to the recruitment thread for a while, but at this moment there are some urgent real-life issues that need to be sorted out first. Also I'm not sure I could in fact be of much help.. we'll see.

It would be nice to hear again from Slimey or some of the others. The disappearance of AJ Raffles was somewhat disturbing, rather sudden and unexpected. I guess she got into trouble with her addiction? unsure.gif

This post has been edited by grobblewobble: Sep 17 2009, 01:15 PM

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Braindead
post Sep 17 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #19

Zombie Master

Member No.: 1
referrer:;)

AJ visits at abandonia reloaded quite often, guess she just lost interest in Mordor =)

--------------------
Do not PM me for support, if you have troubles running Mordor ask in the Technical Support forum!

+Quote Post
Crusher Junior
post Sep 18 2009, 02:59 AM
Post #20

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

Mordor will never die, not after all these years! 14 years and we still have a dedicated forum to an obscure game that is known to bring players back after years and years of not having played it. And yes, the wait for MXP has truly been dragged out much too long, there is no denying this fact. If we were dedicated game developers, then we could have finished this project much faster, but unfortunately, this is not the case.

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 11:01 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits