Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solo Evil Morloch
MythrilZenith
post Dec 10 2019, 04:03 PM
Post #81

Soldier

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Is jealous of Thief armor tongue.gif

One year for a solo character, especially a solo Evil Morloch, isn't bad at all for that progress, especially with being a bit on and off with him.
It sounds like right now you're continuing the push through Scavenger. What's the next big milestone to hit? 999 Hits? Are you going to swap over to Warrior for the rest of the Guild A/D and Multiple Swing, or are you gonna be going deep enough into Scavenger to get the swing from that? I figure eventually if you keep working you'll be able to get all you want/need from each class.

I'm somewhat surprised you've managed to do all that and still be under 30. That probably says a lot about all the extra benefits you get from being a Legacy character in an install with mostly full stores and all that. Gil'Thrialle is pushing 82, and has only ever found one DB, though then again she has also been doing a lot on floors 14 and 15.

Either way, happy character birthday! happybday.gif

This post has been edited by MythrilZenith: Dec 10 2019, 04:04 PM

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Dec 11 2019, 12:22 AM
Post #82

Mentor

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Being a legacy character certainly helps. I have lots of healing items sitting around, so even if Aelric uses up all his spell points he can fully heal at the end of each run. Most of his aging has come from blowing withering traps. He has used a few Potions of Youth, though he has not yet used a DB.

My current plan is to continue with Scavenger until 999 hits - just 43 more levels, barring hit-point drains. Then Warrior until the second extra swing kicks in.

Returning to the spellcasting guilds might be tough since I won't be able to use the Lamurian Shock Lance. It deals around 400 points of electrical damage to one target, which is useful against monsters like Mother of Serpents, Asteryex, and Minion of Death. My thee-character party could take down monsters like that in two rounds by melee, but life is harder for a solo character.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Dec 15 2019, 08:26 AM
Post #83

Mentor

New plan. I ended Aelric's Scavenger run at level 360. He was getting drained too much on 13, so I decided he needs better defense, and the best way to remedy that problem is to gain more Warrior levels. But it will take a bunch of levels to compensate for not being able to equip the Thief's Armor or Crest of the Scavenger.

Running 13 was not a total loss. Aelric found a Dragon's Blood! About an hour later he got aged by a Daemon Lord and used the DB to reduce his age from 30 to 20.

He lost his Vamp Fang to a misidentified slime trap. He used a Vorpal Blade during his last few Scavenger levels, but the reduced damage was really noticeable, and he rarely got all eight swings except against Piranhas. For now I'll go back to carrying two swords - Vorpal Blade and Avenger. I haven't used the latter much, so I want to see if it will let me one-shot some things that usually required two swings with the Vamp Fang. If I'm not impressed, maybe I'll try Lightning Blade, another weapon I haven't use much.

I've just about burned up my first Lamurian Shock Lance. Fortunately I have a bunch of them in storage.

After today, I might not be playing much for the rest of 2019. Deadlines at work, then Christmas, then foreign travel.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 8 2020, 07:15 PM
Post #84

Mentor

Happy new year!

Aelric earned his second extra swing last night. Now just a few more Warrior levels for one more bump in attack/defense. (That will leave him 50 points shy of the maximum Warrior defense.) His melee damage is much improved now. When running 10 or shallower, he is a killing machine with the Vorpal Blade!

He is earning most of his experience on 13, with brief descents to 14. But he is still getting drained a lot on 13 - mostly by Liches. He also got hit for major aging by a Minion of Death. Fortunately he also found two more Dragon's Bloods.

His big problem is that his boxing ability just isn't good enough for 13. Last night on 13 he found half a dozen teleport traps and blew every single one of them. He also blew a misidentified slime trap (even though he re-identified it multiple times, it converged on a bad ID), which destroyed his Girdle of Giant Strength. There was one more GGS in the store, but it was good, and it cost even more to flip than to buy.

During his upcoming Sorcerer run, I'm going to run much more conservatively - mostly on levels 10 to 12. I'll focus on rebuilding his now-depleted gold hoard. I haven't decided how many levels to advance in Sorc and Mage, but it might not be many. His spell power seems mostly adequate, unlike his thieving.

I might take a break from running Aelric and go back to running my high-level trio for a while. They can run deep without getting drained or slimed. They will also benefit from being able to use some of the stuff that Aelric has found, and their quests will be aided by the confinement that Aelric has filled.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Jan 9 2020, 03:09 PM
Post #85

Soldier

The Vorpal Blade is easy to get addicted to... At least until you run deep enough that you stop actually 1-shotting things. Gil'Thrialle's 1-shot potential, being an Elf with such low strength, falls flat around floor 10, with occasional things as early as floor 7 that are unreliable.

You've been finding a ton of bloods! All from the graveyard? Or what's been dropping them most? I've been searching for so long but have only ever found the 1 - plus I'm pushing 80 by now.

Just how "depleted" is your gold hoard at this point? It's interesting how playing a full Legacy character makes gold that much more important - at least, assuming you don't just get a loan from another character ok.gif

--------------------

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 9 2020, 07:55 PM
Post #86

Mentor

Aelric has been carrying an Avenger in addition to the VB. He usually switches to the Avenger when he hits level 12. Dropping the Shield of Defense and the VB reduces his defense quite a bit, but he does noticeably more damage with the Avenger.

At its peak, Aelric's hoard was 3.3 billion. It's now less than 2.7 billion. But that's still more than my other three characters combined. They are so high-level now that most of their gold goes to the guilds when they make level. Their bank accounts have been slowly dwindling.

I'll have to check the library to see where my last DB came from. I've always had good luck with DBs and Potions of Youth. I'm sure most of the DBs came from the graveyard, which I used to clear on just about every run.

I still have only two Blessings. I think it might be time to start hunting Pariahs.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 10 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #87

Mentor

I checked on the source of my last DB. It came from an Incubi encounter on 13.

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Jan 10 2020, 07:54 PM
Post #88

Soldier

Okay, so the usual places, just getting more or less lucky.
I'm still on 1 blood and 0 blessings, so it's just a matter of chance I suppose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 10 2020, 10:01 PM
Post #89

Mentor

According to my library, I've found 23 DBs and 46 Potions of Youth all together. I still have most of the DBs and a bunch of the Potions.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 22 2020, 09:15 PM
Post #90

Mentor

You severed one for 306 damage!

Wielding a Vampire Fang with 32 strength.

Otherwise, it has been very grindy. Aelric has been running levels 8-12, leveling in his spellcasting guilds. Thanks to several nice Mundragon chests, he has rebuilt his hoard to 2.8 billion. He has continued looking for monsters to charm for confinement, but at this point he has nine of everything charmable through level 12 except a handful of very rare creatures. He nabbed his third Morgul a few days ago, and a Stalker a few days earlier. Haven't seen a Gibbering Yethwa or a Swashbuckler in months. I've only encountered Tengus while rushing back to town with my companion slots filled. Those Tengus did not survive.

I installed DarkerMuffin's revised mod, and I'm seeing lots of Kei-Shumas now.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st March 2020 - 01:35 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits