> Music's volume slider does nothing
Sduibek2
post Apr 18 2015, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,285
referrer:The City Seer

So on my computer, changing the Music volume in the game makes literally zero change to the volume.

I recall many years ago I changed MIDI volume in a separate area within Windows, is that still the case with Windows 7? That there's like a "MIDI Output Stream" volume setting or something like that? huh.gif

Otherwise, what I've have to do is just shuffle the tracks in Foobar2000 while I play the game, and turn the game's music off.

On the plus side, music disabled makes the game run a lot faster, so I guess in the end it's not a big deal. cool.gif

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Sduibek2: Apr 18 2015, 09:44 PM

--------------------
^ Dictated from speech to text by shouting on the top of a mountain at a Dragon.
Sduibek(2) + Mordor Community = <3
Join me on Chore Wars!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Apr 21 2015, 06:15 PM
Post #2

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

I've experienced this too, when emulating on older version of Windows on a newer copy. (Specifically, 32-bit XP emulated on 64-bit Windows 8.) I messed with it a bit, but never did track down the root of the problem. I think it was something in the newer versions of Windows though, since the sound sliders worked properly when I emulated the same image of XP on Linux.

Anyways, looks like it's a known problem! I haven't dug around much, but there may be a 3rd party program that can adjust it.

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Apr 21 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #3

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

it doesn't work for me either :/

darkermuffin you said: when emulating on older version of Windows on a newer copy. (Specifically, 32-bit XP emulated on 64-bit Windows 8.)

I'm using actual windows XP I'm not sure which bit but whenever i re install the game it says it was not set up properly

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post May 3 2015, 08:00 AM
Post #4

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

Pretty minor update, but within an emulated XP install, I can control it with the SW Synth volume slider.

Are you on a 32-bit Windows 7 install? I might try dropping Mordor on a flash drive and seeing if my library has any 32-bit Windows 7 machines to experiment with.

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post May 3 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #5

Fighter

Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

people should switch back to xp wink.gif

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
Sduibek2
post May 10 2015, 01:11 AM
Post #6

Vagabond

Member No.: 6,285
referrer:The City Seer

Ahhhh yes, SW Synth! That's definitely what I was thinking of.

--------------------
^ Dictated from speech to text by shouting on the top of a mountain at a Dragon.
Sduibek(2) + Mordor Community = <3
Join me on Chore Wars!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2019 - 03:47 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits