IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dungeon-crawling tips and tricks (semi-spoilers)
Mongo
post Dec 5 2005, 01:16 PM
Post #41

Weapons Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 683
referrer:gazed into my crystal ball, which happens to be named Google...

Only time I ever got rocked was in teleporting down, i somehow managed to move two spaces west on 4 and ended up in a tiny sliver of rock on 7, i think 9,13,7 or maybe 10,12,7 can't remember and don;t even know how i did it. swoon2.gif

--------------------
Illuminatus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katanaboy
post Dec 5 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #42

Voyager

Member No.: 636
referrer:Google search

I've yet to even do Teleport at all, so I've never been rocked. I find that a neutral Elf or Osiri is very useful. Thief/Sorceror/Healer is awesome.

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 25 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #43

Journeyman

Member No.: 2,379
referrer:G to the oogle.

Is it possible to be rocked from a teleport chest?

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Sep 25 2006, 10:28 PM
Post #44

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

Not in my experience

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
Captain
post Sep 25 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #45

Soldier

Member No.: 197
referrer:The magic of google...

Nope, not at all... unless you somehow get a bugged version of the game that just happens to allow that. dntknw.gif

--------------------
"These humans all suck. I'd rather be home feeling violent and lonely."

"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and you know how much God hates that." - Old Drippy

"They asked me if I wanted to search for intelligent life out there... I told them I was still searching for it here."

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Sep 25 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #46

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

BTW, I was kinda worried about getting magically locked chests on anti-magic areas when I was beginning...

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
ironguardian
post Mar 29 2007, 09:47 AM
Post #47

Drifter

Member No.: 3,301

QUOTE (A. J. Raffles @ Jun 7 2005, 09:44 PM)
Heh, it never even occurred to me to cast spells with key commands. I always use the mouse.smile.gif

Same here. Still being fairly new to the game after going along period without it, I'm still learning a lot about how to control the game.

+Quote Post
BarkingDog
post Jul 11 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #48

Journeyman

Member No.: 3,527
referrer:Looking for Slimey's on Yahoo

I read through this topic, so hopefully I havent missed this if it has already been posted.

It is important to remember that you can get multiple guild crests from a guild, so leveling each of your characters to guildmaster can be very helpful. For instance, if you have two Giants, a Human and a Dwarf, have them join the Warriors Guild and level a Giant up to 57, the second Giant to 58, the Human to 59 and the Dwarf to 60--then each of your party members will have a Crest of the Warrior. You could also do this for this hypothetical party for the Seekers Guild, the Human and Dwarf could both get Crests in the magic guilds and the Theif's Guild.

It is true that you can only use the Crest of the Guild you are currently in, but I have found that you never really know when you are going to want to level up in a second guild, perhaps to beef up a spell caster, or give some extra theiving options to someone etc.

If nothing else, you should at least get your characters the Crest of the Warriors Guild, as this is one of the most useful guilds.

This post has been edited by BarkingDog: Jul 11 2007, 11:52 PM

--------------------
ALriGht!!!

+Quote Post
Nexus
post Mar 24 2008, 07:55 AM
Post #49

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,359
referrer:Home of the Underdogs

When exploring new areas of a map, if you come across large open areas (such as the watery places on many levels) try to explore these fully before moving on to small rooms. Open areas tend to be sparsely populated with monsters so you can get a lot of exploring done before you need to turn back, whereas wandering around a mass of 1x1 rooms means you can only map a small area before you have to return to safety.

This approach is useful for two reasons.

1) You reduce your chances of hitting unpleasant squares. If these are behind a door you'll never know they're there but out in the open you have a fighting chance of detecting them with your perception.

2) If you're unfortunate enough to get teleported then the more of a map you've explored the better your chances of finding your way back to safety.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 25 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #50

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Good points. I'd just advise some caution the first few times you explore the watery areas of levels 11 and 14... whistling.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Xaphania
post Nov 22 2008, 12:59 PM
Post #51

Explorer

Member No.: 2,960
referrer:I have my sources, most of them too simple for you to comprehend

Many people may find this to be a blatant and inexcusable misuse of the games mechanics, but you have to admit it does help.
Before you set out into the dungeon 'withdraw' a negative number of gold from the bank. This mean that no monster can steal gold from you untill you have gained that amount back. If they do attempt to steal - and the game defines it as successful - they actually get nothing.
I think this is because the game defines negative gold as being zero. Indeed this is what it resets to if you try to buy somethin etc.
This is not as bad as transferring negative gold to an offside character - potentially giveing you unlimited gold. I don't use either trick anymore as - haveing played the game for a while - I find cheating makes it just too easy. However when I first got the game I resorted to it in frustration at the fact that my gold kept getting stolen anyime I had more than 1,000 on me!

On the subject of editors, i have only this to say CHEATER CHEATER CHEATER. I ony ever used editors to make the game harder than it was meant to be - see back to basics in the mordor challanges section. Although admittedly it is a pain to have to forefit quests, but that's the point of the forefit - you couldn't/didn't do it and you must take that on the chin.

Edit: thought of another one - always pop down any stairs you find, this could be a vital oint of reference if you hit a chute and get lost

This post has been edited by Xaphania: Nov 23 2008, 02:28 PM

--------------------
Iv're Sh'krina Nemos, Iv're Quentos Sh'krina Nemostes Diamante

Ede - Equ'st Equ'st

Div ' Niada Sh'krina

+Quote Post
garceaj
post Feb 7 2011, 05:17 AM
Post #52

Wanderer

Member No.: 1,999
referrer:Google Search

Well, I suppose I can't say that I haven't made use of the bug with negative gold. I have an editor as well. Though I typically only use it to give characters back a lost companion, or lost stats. Mainly because it is annoying to continually have stats drained to the point of being too low to be a member of a certain guild or to cast a certain spell.

In all the times I've played this game in the past, I have not beaten it even once. I have learned from my cheating ways that though a character may have the right stats to cast every spell, it doesn't necessarily mean you know how or when to use them.
Plus, if you do have a high lvl character, at least make sure that s/he is properly equipped. biggrin.gif Using the editor to raise the character's level without the right amount xp does not bestow the same effect as a level made normally. This seems to include increases in hp, they will not be given for cheating. sad.gif So I settle for free gold and when possible, the realignment of slaves in Confinement. I like how they pay you to realign slaves. smile.gif

This post has been edited by garceaj: Feb 7 2011, 05:22 AM

--------------------
Blunk: Blunk be prince. People: worship Blunk!
Irma: There's no Prince in the play.
Taranee: But we do need another dragon, right?
Blunk: Knew real dragon once. Wanted egg back; bit uncle's butt off. Never the same.
W.I.T.C.H.: Ambush at Torus Filney (Air Date: March 5, 2005)

+Quote Post
Werbaer
post Apr 18 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #53

Apprentice

Member No.: 6,591
referrer:google

Another usefull little thing i recently stumbled over:

When you get a quest to kill a specific monster, you only need to defeat it. Charming it counts, too smile.gif
So if you happen to have that monster in the confinement, buy it, attack it, charm it (thus fullfilling the quest requirements), and sell it again.

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Apr 19 2011, 03:12 AM
Post #54

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

And adding on that, you still get the credit if a companion kills it too.

In M2, it also works the same way for bounties, I think.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Jul 11 2019, 11:11 PM
Post #55

Explorer

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Feb 24 2005, 08:23 AM) *
My thief, for instance, an Osiri Nomad/Thief/Sorcerer, is a crappy fighter. But he has more XP than my other party members. How?

I know I'm replying to a 14-year-old post, but I couldn't resist. I had a thief leading a party in exp too even when he was in the back and not a caster yet. Disarming traps can be a significant source of exp!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 11:00 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits