IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How much should I level my Giant Warrior in the Seekers guild?
Mordion
post Jan 28 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

I've got a Giant Warrior/Seeker. I've got all my seeker spells at an affordable level. Is there any reason to go past that?

I was hoping it would help me identify items but 1. item ID is based on highest guild level not perception and 2. it turns out there's an identification cap on items past DL 5.

Does perception have any practical use?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 28 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Soldier

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

QUOTE (Mordion @ Jan 28 2019, 02:20 PM) *
Does perception have any practical use?

When you are exploring/mapping the dungeon, perception helps you to spot potentially hazardous features like pits, chutes, rotators, and teleporters before you stumble into them. It also helps you to find your direction after getting spun by a rotator.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 28 2019, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (Mordion @ Jan 28 2019, 02:20 PM) *
I've got a Giant Warrior/Seeker. I've got all my seeker spells at an affordable level. Is there any reason to go past that?

I would say no.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jan 28 2019, 11:09 PM
Post #4

Vagabond

QUOTE (Roland @ Jan 28 2019, 04:57 PM) *
When you are exploring/mapping the dungeon, perception helps you to spot potentially hazardous features like pits, chutes, rotators, and teleporters before you stumble into them. It also helps you to find your direction after getting spun by a rotator.

Is there a good enough level for this?

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 29 2019, 03:59 AM
Post #5

Soldier

QUOTE (Mordion @ Jan 28 2019, 06:09 PM) *
Is there a good enough level for this?

My Seeker is just shy of level 500, and he still seems to lose his direction about 20% of the time on the rotator just before LHP's lair on 15. But you can fix that by casting Find Direction.

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Jan 30 2019, 01:05 AM
Post #6

Vagabond

QUOTE (Roland @ Jan 28 2019, 10:59 PM) *
My Seeker is just shy of level 500, and he still seems to lose his direction about 20% of the time on the rotator just before LHP's lair on 15. But you can fix that by casting Find Direction.

Thats good to know. I think I'm going to stick with warrior for now.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 30 2019, 03:13 AM
Post #7

Fire Master

I think being disoriented clears as soon as you walk onto a mapped (non-spinner) square. I only remember it being an issue when you're mapping an area with spinners for the first time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jan 30 2019, 04:35 AM
Post #8

Soldier

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Jan 29 2019, 10:13 PM) *
I think being disoriented clears as soon as you walk onto a mapped (non-spinner) square. I only remember it being an issue when you're mapping an area with spinners for the first time.

Yes, but when you are disoriented in that room outside LHP's lair, you have a 25% chance of stepping into the lair before you get reoriented.

+Quote Post
korexus
post Jan 30 2019, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Voyager

Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (Roland @ Jan 30 2019, 04:35 AM) *
Yes, but when you are disoriented in that room outside LHP's lair, you have a 25% chance of stepping into the lair before you get reoriented.

There's also a nasty pair of rotators at the bottom left of floor three. Not a problem once your perception is high or you can levitate, but characters finding them for the first time can end up in a lot of pits.

I remember turning round slowly an comparing the dungeon view to the map to try and work out which way I was looking quite a few times. LHP's rotator doesn't let you do that, but at least if you don't go into the lair, you can just keep turning left and be sure to get out.

Hmm, in fact rapid tapping forward-left-forward-left-forward might work for the LHP rotator. It will either get you out or back where you started as quickly as you can. On the other hand, Find Direction is safer...

korexus.

+Quote Post
puma
post Feb 2 2019, 02:12 PM
Post #10

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

I have a similar question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask). I have an Osiri Thief/Healer, around level 250 Thief. Would it be worth leveling Seeker, and if so how much relative to his level, for the benefits to Fighting Skill? My party also has a Giant Warrior/Seeker who takes care of all the Seeker spells.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Feb 3 2019, 12:41 AM
Post #11

Soldier

QUOTE (puma @ Feb 2 2019, 09:12 AM) *
I have a similar question (and I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask). I have an Osiri Thief/Healer, around level 250 Thief. Would it be worth leveling Seeker, and if so how much relative to his level, for the benefits to Fighting Skill? My party also has a Giant Warrior/Seeker who takes care of all the Seeker spells.

Seekers fight much better than Thieves. Furthermore, their fighting skills are complementary - Thieves get backstab, while Seekers get critical hit. More important, Seekers get much better attack/defense than Thieves or Healers. That defense can help to keep you alive.

It can also be useful for your Thief to be able to cast Soul Search and Displacement after he blows a teleport trap.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Feb 3 2019, 04:24 AM
Post #12

Fire Master

I was running an Osiri thief in a party of three for a long time with just Nomad @ 197. This gives adequate Defense to survive level 15. But if your goal is to play for a long time and dominate 15, the extra 76 Defense from Seeker 428 is worth it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
puma
post Feb 3 2019, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Feb 2 2019, 10:24 PM) *
I was running an Osiri thief in a party of three for a long time with just Nomad @ 197. This gives adequate Defense to survive level 15. But if your goal is to play for a long time and dominate 15, the extra 76 Defense from Seeker 428 is worth it.

I'd say my goal for the party is somewhere between "survive level 15" and "dominate 15" haha. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to spend one of these snowy winter days leveling Seeker.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Jul 11 2019, 11:59 PM
Post #14

Fighter

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (Roland @ Jan 28 2019, 05:57 PM) *

It doesnt help identify monsters faster? What about inside foggy areas?

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 12 2019, 07:20 PM
Post #15

Soldier

QUOTE (fischsemmel @ Jul 11 2019, 07:59 PM) *
It doesnt help identify monsters faster? What about inside foggy areas?

As far as I can tell, perception does not help with these things.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 12:03 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits