IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Back to Mordor after far too long away!, Or "How I saw people writing about their new characters on here an
BLauritson
post Dec 26 2018, 11:09 PM
Post #21

Lord Fnorgle

Group: Admin
Member No.: 9
referrer:Let's see.. I can't remember now, it was too long ago.

26/12/18

- Not a lot new to report since the 24th. Nothrya got quested at Thief level 27 for an Amulet of Life, which I've never seen before in my...life. Questing as Healer right now as I don't fancy drudging back through some Thief levels for an amulet I've yet to find. Who knows, perhaps it will turn up during the Healer levelling? Certainly happy with Nothrya's thieving skills at the moment anyway, opening almost every chest without fail and Charm of Opening only costs 12 SP now.
- Gnumen pinned early while exploring DL 2 just now. Quite surprising, Nothrya normally pins multiple times before Gnumen pins. That's why she likes him so much as a dungeon crawling companion. She appreciates a man who lets her pin first nearly every time.
- As I'm going for another DL 2 run it suddenly occurs to me how wrong that sounds considering in previous posts I implied he had a fatherly role towards Nothrya during her early levels. I put this to Nothrya and she just gave me a sly grin. I regret nothing.
- Got Gnumen to Paladin 27, which is only 2 away now from equalising with Mage. Thinking about giving him Sorcerer levels as well, because having Dazzle auto-cast against weak and injured mobs is effective but it would be nice to give him some damage spells that work against stronger and boss mobs also. He currently has 24.4 million gold and has the stats to join all remaining guilds (Seeker, Scavenger and Sorcerer. All the 'S' guilds a Good Gnome can join) so I think it's worth doing.
- Went to the slaves lair on DL 2 and decided to charm the Slavers this time around. Thinking I should do the same every time I encounter dragons on DL 3, should net a nice bit of gold in the Confinement. Trouble is doing all the necessary keystrokes in time to target the correct group and cast the right spell, but with a bit of practice it will be doable.
- Gnumen as a level 28 Paladin got quested to kill a Footpad. Truly a noble quest for a Paladin. I mean, slaying evil dragons and rescuing damsels in distress is just so clichéd, you know? Murdering common thieves, now THAT is what being a mighty hero is all about.
- Just had exactly what I said about dragons - saw some but realised too late, by the time I pressed the keys to back out Gnumen had already Dazzled them. Oh well, I never wanted a Firagon for a pet anyway, despite all written evidence to the contrary.
- Oh well, charmed some Goblin Guards (had also charmed some Dwarves but they died in the Goblin Guards fight. Not sure why I didn't take them back to the Confinement straight away really. Oh well). Also got a Good-aligned Steel Dagger so that's a weapon upgrade for Gnumen.
- Just got my first Aard of Being! Hmm...sell it for 12 million or use it on Gnumen? (it's good-aligned). To meet his current spell requirements only requires a few individual stat increases so I think it will be more economical to sell it and use the cash for bulk tome realignment, especially since a couple of stats are maxed out already. Sell it is then.
- Woohoo! Charmed the Goblin Lord's Pelagons. They broke a few binding levels so it was a quick race back to the surface then, but got there without either one leaving so that's good. First one sold for 1.1 million but I didn't check how much it cost to identify them so profit is likely only a few hundred thousand. Still fun though.
- Nothrya just reached Healer level 23 so now has Resurrect and Word of Death. Talk about mixed messages, she kills you with one spell and brings you back to life with the other. Make up your mind Nothrya! You can't keep pottering about indecisively all your li-*dies to Word of Death* ... *gets Resurrected*. What was I talking about? Oh yes, Resurrect. Great spell Nothrya, glad you learned it.

And that's about it for me now! Time for bed as I've got work in the morning. Hope you all had a good festive period whatever you were doing!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Dec 28 2018, 10:54 PM
Post #22

Lord Fnorgle

28/12/18 Part 1

- Just found my first ever Padded Leather Cap from a DL 2 mob on DL 3. Can't even remember what the mob was now, think it was a Charmer. That would have been very handy if I had it when I was quested for the bloody thing all that time ago...was that even for a legacy character? I can't remember now. I have an excellent memory.
- In other news, thanks to repeated farming of certain lairs on DLs 2 and 3, I have around 60 million gold between the two characters now. For this reason I've decided it's time to start realigning all the Evil tomes I've been storing up and start to bring up the Int and Wis of both characters now to ensure they can cast every spell. And to improve their max SP of course.
- Started levelling Gnumen in Sorcerer now to make him a bit more versatile. Also want to bring Brundyath on board soon, so need to start harvesting Tomes of Endurance to get him ready.
- Actually, scratch that - I've got two evil Tomes of Endurance in Gnumen's bank and that's all Brundyath needs for maximum Constitution now. Welcome aboard, Brundyath. He is of course immediately promoted to leader, following the ancient precept of Rulership by How Big A Bashing Stick You Can Wield. Nothrya will continue to be second in command until Gnumen's Sorcerer spells are cheap and powerful enough to replace Dazzle as his main spell.
- Only as I'm going through the spells to see how Gnumen's Sorcerer spells are getting on, do I realise that the top two Mind spells are damage dealing (unlike the first two which are basically Kill spells). Oh well, still no harm in diversifying his magical portfolio.
- Now that Brundath is a level 6 Warrior with 68 HP I'm sending him out solo for a bit just to accelerate his experience gain. Once I'm comfortable he can survive DL 2 leading the party I'll bring him back in.
- Now that Brundath is a level 8 Warrior with 88 HP I'm bringing back into the party because I'm bored of grinding DL 1 for his sake. I'm sure with Nothrya and Gnumen backing him up he'll survive DL 2 easily enough.
- Nothrya has reached Healer 30, which means if she's to continue the Optimal Levelling Route™ then she needs to level Wizard up to 41 next. Oh well, at least she'll get some Kill and Mind spells for her troubles.
- I'm at the point now where I want to bring Mythraxa on board, so I think I'll just need to do some Tome of Endurance grinding on Level 1. Either that or fork out stupid money for Potions of Fitness previously sold to the store. Depends how impatient I am, I guess. We'll leave that decision for another time though. Need to get around to procrastinating first.

28/12/18 Part 2

- Having taken a break to watch a film, I've decided that since gold was mainly a priority for acquiring/realigning tomes and whatnot, I shouldn't be afraid to pool together the party's gold to buy and realign some potions for Mythraxa to join us. The same methods that quickly increased my wealth can be performed again (assuming the bloody monsters actually appear in their lairs, hate it when they don't) so it's not like I'd be crippling my party's development as a result of it. Nevertheless I shall spend some time grinding DLs 1 and 2 for tomes and, if I'm still lacking by the end of this session, I shall take the expensive way out.
- Excellent, on my second run of DL 1 found a Potion of Fitness followed by a Tome of Endurance. I will realign them both if necessary and bring Mythraxa on board. It's time to get this party started, in a manner of speaking.
- Ouch, that was painful spending around 8 million gold to realign those two items. They just had to be Evil aligned didn't they? DIDN'T THEY?! *quivers with impotent rage*
- And then I find out that Mythraxa was only one point away from maximum Constitution. AND I USED THE POTION INSTEAD OF THE TOME! Why oh why do I make these silly little decisions that have little to no impact in the long run? Oh well, at least she's not four weeks older as a result of it...because we all know how short-lived Elves are in this game.
- Only downside to rushing Mythraxa into our party is she doesn't yet have the Int or Wis to join any of the magic guilds, so she's currently levelling slower than she could due to lack of access to spells. We'll get there soon enough though, once the party's gold has recovered a bit. As soon as she's hardy enough we'll start grinding DLs 2 and 3 again anyway.
- Decided 55 HP was enough for DL 2 seeing as she has three experienced party members behind her. She's doing OK so far.
- Just invested the entirety of the party's gold into buying four evil Tomes of Insight and two neutral Tomes of Learning, then realigning them to good for Mythraxa's benefit. The party now has 407k gold left. This had better pay off. Which I already know it will so that's a silly comment to write really. Not unlike half of what I've written on this thread thus far then.
- Anyway, the new Int/Wis of 12 and 17 allow her to join the Mage's guild only, so that's what I've gone for as her first guild. At least she'll have Nerve Blank to play with on DL 1, should make her ascend the levels a bit quicker.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Dec 29 2018, 04:52 PM
Post #23

Lord Fnorgle

29/12/18 Part 1

- Now that the full party is assembled I need to start setting objectives for what I actually want to achieve with them. I think dungeon exploration is the main goal for me right now moreso than levelling the characters. Obviously the two go hand in hand, but the more I can explore right now, the better.
- It's only now that he's Warrior level 21 that I realise I've been doing Brundath a disservice by completing all the quests he's received thus far. Annoying, but what can you do? Still, he seems to be coping alright with this 242 HP so far I suppose. And as I've already been advised, it's not really necessary to apply the OLR for a four-character party. Just a luxury, in truth.
- OK, just got a Padded Leather Cap quest for Brundath. Although there are two in the store, I will fail this quest to get some additional HP.
- Walked into a teleporter while exploring the remainder of DL 3 and the whole party got dispersed. Ordered them all to regroup at the central staircase to DL 2. Brundath encountered Nothrya along the way and everyone else made it back there safely. Nothrya and Gnumen had a slightly overexcitable reunion which disgusted one party member and aroused the other. Nothrya thought she heard some sniggering from the monsters in the neighbouring room.
- And now the party just got teleported into an unexplored part of a lower dungeon level and promptly walked right into two more. Now in a room in DL 5 just pacing back and forth endlessly trying to figure out where we are...
- ...which, evidently, isn't working. Hmm...this could get difficult.
- "Gnumen" detects Stairs Down ahead of the party. Yes, that couldn't make things any worse, could it?
- OK, out of desperation I cheated and looked up the map of DL 5. From where I've worked out I currently am, there is no easy path back up to DL 4. First ever party wipe coming up!
- AND RIGHT AFTER I TYPE THAT THE AUTOMAP SUDDENLY FIGURES OUT WHERE I AM!
- Brundath has died. Mythraxa is now carrying his corpse.
- Mythraxa has died. Their corpses are both carried.
- Made it back to DL 4 after searching for the wrong set of stairs initially. SP are running low. Can we make it?
- Nothrya's SP is now officially zero. Planning a panic run now.
- Made it to DL 3! Danger's not over yet though, Gnumen is close to death. Put Nothrya in front as she still has 237/378 HP.
- Made it back safe! Woohoo! Now to do selective healing to minimise aging...or I could just bring Gundya v2 down from the city! Excellent.
- Nothrya and Gnumen healed without aging. Now for the raising...
- Both characters successfully raised without losing any constitution. I have no regrets about cheating with the maps there. Just glad that I avoided a party wipe.
- On the plus side, found two White Cloaks which offer Drain Resistance on DL 4 or 5, so that's a bit of SP I can save when venturing to DL 3 and beyond now...or is it? Resistances from items only got to 90%, not 95%. Guess it depends on how deep one delves?

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Dec 29 2018, 06:52 PM
Post #24

Lord Fnorgle

29/12/18 Part 2

- The whole party got teleported to DL 5 again, this time while actively exploring DL 4. Mythraxa died. Fortunately I'm just outside the area I was able to map previously, so I can at least do a panic run back to DL 4 now.
- Another successful raise. Also turns out the DL 5 room we landed in was a stud room. I think this was probably the same room I got teleported into the first time around after I was teleported off DL 3 unexpectedly. On both occasions the party remained together so it must be a fixed location teleport rather than a random one. Unless it's the EXTREMELY improbable scenario of a completely random teleporter sending all four members of my party to exactly the same location again. But I doubt it.
- Nothrya just triggered my first ever experience of a Teleporter trap on DL 4. Now to see where she's disappeared off to. Ah, right on the other side of the dungeon amidst a load of Cutpurses who proceeded to steal her entire purse of ~100k gold. Curse them!
- Nothrya's back now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
korexus
post Dec 29 2018, 10:09 PM
Post #25

Voyager

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,011
referrer:Google Search

QUOTE (BLauritson @ Dec 29 2018, 06:52 PM) *
29/12/18 Part 2

Also turns out the DL 5 room we landed in was a stud room. I think this was probably the same room I got teleported into the first time around after I was teleported off DL 3 unexpectedly. On both occasions the party remained together so it must be a fixed location teleport rather than a random one. Unless it's the EXTREMELY improbable scenario of a completely random teleporter sending all four members of my party to exactly the same location again. But I doubt it.

Random teleporters are always to the same floor. If you've gone to a different floor, it's to a fixed place and, if you can remember it, may help with future exploration.

korexus.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Dec 29 2018, 10:30 PM
Post #26

Lord Fnorgle

Thanks korexus, that's useful to know. I've avoided certain teleporters like the plague until now (unless I already knew of its fixed destination), but at least now once I have a DL fully mapped I can feel a bit more confident trying them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Dec 30 2018, 11:42 PM
Post #27

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

QUOTE (korexus @ Dec 29 2018, 05:09 PM) *
Random teleporters are always to the same floor. If you've gone to a different floor, it's to a fixed place and, if you can remember it, may help with future exploration.

korexus.

Random teleporters also teleport everyone in the party to a different place. If you teleport as a group it's a fixed teleporter.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Dec 31 2018, 02:06 PM
Post #28

Fighter

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (Mordion @ Dec 30 2018, 06:42 PM) *
Random teleporters also teleport everyone in the party to a different place. If you teleport as a group it's a fixed teleporter.

God. Reading about random teleporters and parties is giving me PTSD. That's a damn good reason to play a solo character. God, it sucked hitting those things.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Jan 10 2019, 11:19 PM
Post #29

Lord Fnorgle

Well admittedly I haven't been making time to continue with this party recently, but I did have a horrible dream last night that I ventured down to DL 6 with the party and realised to my horror that I had forgotten to cast Resist Drain on all the members, as Mythraxa suddenly got drained down to about 50 max HP. I was stunned and found myself wondering what to do, whether to write off that character and continue without her or create a new one.

Hopefully when I do resume this party that dream will remind me of the dangers before I venture too far below!

It's not the first time I've dreamt of Mordor, either. A few years ago I remember dreaming that I was actually in the Mordor dungeon itself, that I took a set of stairs down to DL 3 and was straight inside a water cavern. I can still picture it in my mind now. I was trying to work out how to get back to the surface, but that's all I remember of that dream. That might have been all there was to it.

Well, if and when I do get back to it I shall resume my previous updates!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jan 11 2019, 01:19 AM
Post #30

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

If that doesn't count as a "you know when you're playing too much Mordor", I don't know what does. crazy.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Jan 11 2019, 08:25 PM
Post #31

Lord Fnorgle

Or perhaps it means I'm not playing it enough? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 2 2019, 04:42 PM
Post #32

Lord Fnorgle

02/02/19

As much as it pains me to say so, I had become weary of Mordor after December's heavy focus on it, and I realise now it was due to the tedium of running a full party. More specifically, of preparing them for a dungeon run by casting all the resistances, which will inevitably be relatively short as one of them will soon pin anyway.

With that in mind, I've decided to focus for the time being just on Nothrya, the Osiri. She is currently levelling in Wizard to take advantage of the extra hits up to level 41 and is managing perfectly fine as a solo character at the moment.

I think eventually I'll run Gnumen (the Good Gnome Mage©) and Nothrya as a duo but for the time being I'm enjoying the solo runs with Nothrya. Speaking of which...

- On the way to DL 2, a Gredlan Rogue dropped a Robe of Remorse and a Tome of Lies. Can't help but feel there's a lesson in that somewhere.
- Decided to start making serious inroads to map DL 4, and one room away from the stairs encountered a group of Giant Leeches. YEEEEEE-OUCH! Good thing Nothrya has 400 HP right now, they're stripping nearly half of that off her just in one battle round! Leprosy they're immune to and Cause Heavy Wounds is just scratching them, so I need to find another way to kill them. Sadly I've not got any Sorcerer levels yet so Poison and Leprosy are my only non-Magic damaging spells. I think I'll have to leave them for now and get some Sorcerer levels first. I was thinking of doing so anyway to get the Resist costs down more quickly. Perhaps that will be best.
- At Sorcerer 11, with Thunder Bolt in my spellbook and vengeance in my heart, I ventured down to DL 4 with naught but Feather Essence cast upon me. I boldly stepped into the leech room again. FRY YOU EVIL CRITTERS, FRY! And fry they did...well, most of them. Escaped after 2 combat rounds with 47/400 HP. Three more trips later (and plenty of healing from Gundya v2) I finally bested the vile critters. Not an experience I'd like to repeat any time soon.
- Not a lot else to report really - levelling is relatively quick as Poison and Leprosy are already powerful enough to kill most DL 2 and DL 3 monsters with a single casting, and the resistances are now down to much more economical levels. Casting Resist Drain, Resist Paralysis and Feather Essence costs a grand total of 26 SP now, which is plenty low enough for a decent run on DL 3 before running out of SP and/or XP.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Feb 3 2019, 04:26 AM
Post #33

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

As if real-world leeches weren't bad enough... Damn you, David Allen. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 3 2019, 07:06 PM
Post #34

Lord Fnorgle

03/02/19

Started mapping out DL 5 even though DL 4 isn't fully mapped out yet, but I seem to be handling myself OK.

...or at least I was until I decided to chance a teleporter which I'd already spotted and wound up on DL 6. With 2 SP left. Still healthy though, so let's find my way back to the stairs! Fortunately I can see a set of stairs down in DL 5 so I'm trying to work my way back to there now. Got a couple of White Sashes (had three until one got stolen, but that's good because having it stolen reminded me I actually had some to use). So yes, currently White Sashing everything in my way which is quite entertaining. Or at least it was until it ran out of charges and I remembered that one needs to equip a new sash to use it. And sashes are cursed. And cursed items aren't unequippable in the dungeon...

...anywho, despite poison coursing through her veins, Nothrya made it back to the safe room in DL 1 with 51/400 HP to spare. Now for the healing malarkey.

Later on I went back down to DL 6 again to open a locked chest that I lacked the mana for on my first visit there. Currently guild level 33 in Sorcerer and Wizard, 30 in Healer and 27 in Thief. Alas the Thief has a stupidly difficult item quest so I've forfeited and gone back to 24, so going to raise that up a bit to at least 30 and then continue with Wizard up to 41 again. Not sure which guild I'll level after that. Seeker maybe?

--------------------

+Quote Post
puma
post Feb 8 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #35

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,619
referrer:internet search

QUOTE (BLauritson @ Feb 3 2019, 01:06 PM) *
03/02/19

Started mapping out DL 5 even though DL 4 isn't fully mapped out yet, but I seem to be handling myself OK.

...or at least I was until I decided to chance a teleporter which I'd already spotted and wound up on DL 6. With 2 SP left. Still healthy though, so let's find my way back to the stairs! Fortunately I can see a set of stairs down in DL 5 so I'm trying to work my way back to there now. Got a couple of White Sashes (had three until one got stolen, but that's good because having it stolen reminded me I actually had some to use). So yes, currently White Sashing everything in my way which is quite entertaining. Or at least it was until it ran out of charges and I remembered that one needs to equip a new sash to use it. And sashes are cursed. And cursed items aren't unequippable in the dungeon...

...anywho, despite poison coursing through her veins, Nothrya made it back to the safe room in DL 1 with 51/400 HP to spare. Now for the healing malarkey.

Later on I went back down to DL 6 again to open a locked chest that I lacked the mana for on my first visit there. Currently guild level 33 in Sorcerer and Wizard, 30 in Healer and 27 in Thief. Alas the Thief has a stupidly difficult item quest so I've forfeited and gone back to 24, so going to raise that up a bit to at least 30 and then continue with Wizard up to 41 again. Not sure which guild I'll level after that. Seeker maybe?

Those close calls and a dash back to the city always make for a good time...providing you make it!

From the guilds you mentioned, Seeker is by far the best for melee fighting which seems to be pretty important for a solo. But it seems to me, leveling Seeker to a high level makes Wizard obsolete (unless you want a few extra hits by going to 41). I think Sorcerer and Healer have a lot of redundancy as well, so I would go Seeker/Healer/Thief. But that's just me, and I've never seriously played a solo.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 8 2019, 06:30 PM
Post #36

Lord Fnorgle

Thanks puma, I must admit now that I've got Nothrya to Wizard 41 (achieved just last night, final HP 456) I was thinking about Seeker.

Sorcerer does have the elemental damage spells (Fire/Cold/Electric) which I don't think Healer has, so I'll probably continue levelling up Sorcerer for that reason also. I think the resistances are earned at a lower level also so that definitely helps, as with a solo character the spell points tend to go down pretty quickly even when your main combat spell only costs 2 SP to cast smile.gif

So far I'm finding that Nothrya is easily holding her own on DLs 4 and 5 now, thanks in large part to the high maximum HP and the array of reasonably strong spells at her disposal (Poison and Leprosy are powerful against most creatures).

Annoyingly she did get drained by a Munsae despite having Resist Drain cast, although thankfully it was a stat drain (1 point each of Con and Cha) and not an HP drain, since stat drains are much easier to rectify.

On the plus side, on her first foray into DLs 4-5 she encountered two friendly Geeshi that offered to join. Straight back to the city and to the confinement they were sold. Next trip down, 3 friendly Firagons offering to join! Same routine again biggrin.gif

Otherwise I'm finding that levelling is nice and quick on DLs 4 and 5, albeit usually requiring two or three runs due to running out of SP first!

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 8 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #37

Lord Fnorgle

And with just under an hour's work, Nothrya is now Seeker level 25.

Love how ridiculously quickly one can level up in the early stages of a new guild when you can easily dominate DL 4 and 5.

In the process I've mapped out about 3/4 of DL 5 now, after which it's on to 6. Not sure what guild I'll focus on after I've got Seeker up to 30ish...need to think about what I want to achieve next.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 8 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #38

Lord Fnorgle

And that's it for tonight, having resumed the session after a break this evening.

Currently level 40 in Sorcerer, decided to level that up for the time being in order to improve the strength of the Element spells as well as reducing their costs. Got DL 5 all mapped out and still finding it poses little challenge as long as Nothrya has plenty of SP to spare, so going to start venturing to DL 6 now and see how I get on there.

Some highlights of this most recent run include finding two Rods of Ultimate Power consecutively on DL 5. Open one chest, Rod of Ultimate Power. Two rooms later, open another chest, Rod of Ultimate Power. Even more special considering this is the first time I've ever encountered a Rod of Ultimate Power. Slightly underwhelmed when I identified the Rod of Ultimate Power and saw what constituted its "Ultimate Power" but at least I made a nice bit of gold from selling the Rods of Ultimate Power. Rod of Ultimate Power Rod of Ultimate Power Rod of Ultimate Power. There, it's out of my system now. Rod of Ultimate Power*.

Another highlight was encountering the Twisted Elf and looting some very nice bracers from him. Sadly they're far too high level for me to equip at this stage, but again, money. I seem to be a tad avaricious in this game.

One lowlight was encountering my first Purple Slime and having my Gloves of Strength destroyed. I was blasting it with Pillar of Fire, but then I got paralysed. Paralysed?! But I cast my resistances, it will be over soon. But it kept spitting at me, and the paralysis wouldn't wear off. What was going on? Let's check the Resistances tab..."Oh fiddlesticks†, I must have missed that one!". Fortunately despite being an immobile target the Purple Slime had great difficulty hitting me and its spits were only doing token levels of damage, so in the end the paralysis eventually did wear off and I was able to blast it to hell with the very fires of that same realm.

* I manually typed out Rod of Ultimate Power on every instance there. Not a single copy nor paste involved. I can be incredibly stubborn like that sometimes.
† I didn't actually say fiddlesticks. It was something else beginning with 'f'. Something slightly less polite.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Feb 9 2019, 07:09 AM
Post #39

Voyager

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

Good Female Elf - Mythraxa
I don't suppose my one weird run has anything to do with that name.. think.gif

Anyway, looks like you're doing pretty well all things considered! Big parties are fun because you get to go down a lot deeper than you normally would, but that also means you're playing with fire since one wrong move and everything falls apart when you're that deep. Plus, you NEED to be moving deeper in order to get any reasonable exp gain. Just another step in the world of trade-offs that is Mordor.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
BLauritson
post Feb 9 2019, 08:22 AM
Post #40

Lord Fnorgle

hehe, I'm sure subconsciously it had an influence smile.gif

Thanks - it was fun running the four character party for a while but by the same token I did find it a bit frustrating trying to manage them all individually and dealing with the additional risks such as running into an undiscovered teleporter (since not all of them were strong enough to survive individually at those depths). On the other hand it's great how flexible the party structure can be in Mordor, so at any time I can happily band any number of them together again for a delve, especially once I have the lower dungeon levels better mapped out.

There have been quite a few times recently when playing Nothrya solo, I've thought about how nice it would be to be able to charm some of the DL 4/5 monsters and bring them back to the confinement. Gnumen would be the perfect companion for precisely that, but currently I'm keeping him as an emergency healer at the city stairs for when Nothrya's run out of SP. Then again by the same token I could always have them switch places and do solo runs with Gnumen while Nothrya hangs back for healing services. Gnumen already has 399 HP so he's hardy enough to withstand a few hits biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2019 - 12:08 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits