IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Very Spoily Mordor Walkthrough (*Big spoilers*), A level-by-level guide to the dungeon
citan
post Nov 4 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #41

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,061
referrer:A search on the internet.

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Jul 6 2005, 12:36 AM)
There are two other creatures in the dungeon which might never show up: Dragon Turtles, from Level 14, and T'Manas from Level 11. 

In my library I have encountered 37 Dragon Turtles, so I can say they do actually exist and will show up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gsman
post Nov 4 2006, 12:54 AM
Post #42

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 1,873
referrer:I don't remember

I want a pic

--------------------
LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS ATTRACT YOUR ATTENTION that is all.
O.O This is bob, bob wants to take over the world please help him on his quest by copying and pasting him into your sig

Member #1 of Gortaak fan club. President of Gortaak fan club. PM me to join Gortaak fan club.

+Quote Post
Sky.Death
post Nov 4 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #43

Voyager

Member No.: 1,415
referrer:GoOgle :) !

"The pic ! The pic !"

--------------------
Sky

+Quote Post
citan
post Nov 4 2006, 06:02 PM
Post #44

Student

My avatar is the pic. It is just like any other "kyu" type monster. They also hang around "Kyu" monsters. When I first saw them, I had just not Ided them properly, but I finally starting finding some. Unfortuneately, this monster is charm resistant, so I haven't been able to charm one (I've been trying to get complete information on all monsters in my library). I have never gotten an offer to 'j'oin either. If I do, I'll post the information about the monster. This is all that I have on it:

MONSTER: Dragon Turtle

Dragon Turtles are Big sized Water-Dwellers who are generally Neutral in nature.

It is estimated that very little is known about this creature.

There are no known deaths associated with this monster.
A total of 37 of these creatures have been seen.
"Citan" was the first to record this Creature.
This creature was last seen at 14,13,12, 14 days ago.

+Quote Post
gsman
post Nov 4 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #45

Infiltrator

well... then you can get a pic cant you?

--------------------
O.O This is bob, bob wants to take over the world please help him on his quest by copying and pasting him into your sig

Member #1 of Gortaak fan club. President of Gortaak fan club. PM me to join Gortaak fan club.

+Quote Post
Direnar
post Nov 4 2006, 11:46 PM
Post #46

Dark Elf

Group: Mordor MP
Member No.: 421
referrer:Slimey's forums

I think gsman means a pic from the Library

--------------------
Mordor? More like More Doors!

+Quote Post
gsman
post Nov 5 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #47

Infiltrator

Right-O!

--------------------

+Quote Post
aardless
post Nov 5 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #48

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

QUOTE (citan @ Nov 4 2006, 07:02 PM)
My avatar is the pic. It is just like any other "kyu" type monster. They also hang around "Kyu" monsters. When I first saw them, I had just not Ided them properly, but I finally starting finding some. Unfortuneately, this monster is charm resistant, so I haven't been able to charm one (I've been trying to get complete information on all monsters in my library). I have never gotten an offer to 'j'oin either. If I do, I'll post the information about the monster. This is all that I have on it:

MONSTER: Dragon Turtle

Dragon Turtles are Big sized Water-Dwellers who are generally Neutral in nature.

It is estimated that very little is known about this creature.

There are no known deaths associated with this monster.
A total of 37 of these creatures have been seen.
"Citan" was the first to record this Creature.
This creature was last seen at 14,13,12, 14 days ago.

Hmm, looks like your version of Mordor is bugged, because Dragon Turtles do not look like Kyu monsters, but they are supposed to look like Tengus. Their size is also Huge, not Big: there is no Water-dweller that is of Big size between Hammerhead Shark (level 9) and Lamurian Lord (level 15). This info comes out of editors, btw.
It's a pity actually, because I would have loved to learn how Dragon Turtles act in-game. dry.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
citan
post Nov 5 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #49

Student

QUOTE (aardless @ Nov 5 2006, 01:02 PM)
Hmm, looks like your version of Mordor is bugged, because Dragon Turtles do not look like Kyu monsters, but they are supposed to look like Tengus. Their size is also Huge, not Big: there is no Water-dweller that is of Big size between Hammerhead Shark (level 9) and Lamurian Lord (level 15). This info comes out of editors, btw.
It's a pity actually, because I would have loved to learn how Dragon Turtles act in-game. dry.gif

This may be true. I had gotten it a long time ago off of another site.

Anyway, I did a print screen of the library entry. I'm not sure how to display it here. The image button requires a URL. If you can tell me how to put the picture up from "My Pictures" then I'll post it.

[edited] My ccopy was probably edited to fix things like this. I never said mine was right and your version was wrong. I didn't get this game off of a CD (I only had the limited version off the CD). But here is the pic:

This post has been edited by citan: Nov 5 2006, 11:43 PM

+Quote Post
aardless
post Nov 5 2006, 10:49 PM
Post #50

You can get free accounts for image hosting on several sites, for example Photobucket or Imageshack.

It's not impossible you've got the 'right' version and we've got the 'wrong' one, although experienced players who bought the game never met any Dragon Turtles either.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

+Quote Post
Mongo
post Nov 9 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #51

Weapons Master

Member No.: 683
referrer:gazed into my crystal ball, which happens to be named Google...

interesting...seems like it must be buggy as i'm fairly certain (haven't bothered to double-check) 15,5,15 isn't even water, is it?? i guess i'll investigate...

--------------------
Illuminatus

+Quote Post
loki33
post Nov 9 2006, 07:36 AM
Post #52

Student

Member No.: 1,006
referrer:google search for Mordor

QUOTE (Mongo @ Nov 8 2006, 10:00 PM)
interesting...seems like it must be buggy as i'm fairly certain (haven't bothered to double-check) 15,5,15 isn't even water, is it?? i guess i'll investigate...

i've gotten water creatures on non-water squares before, i know definitely on the "islands" in the middle of 7. or is there something in the editor so that some water monsters can spawn on land and dragon turtles can't?

+Quote Post
aardless
post Nov 9 2006, 08:12 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (Mongo)
seems like it must be buggy as i'm fairly certain (haven't bothered to double-check) 15,5,15 isn't even water, is it??
No, definitely not water. wink.gif

As far as I know, water-dwellers can spawn everywhere irrespective of the square type. They just need to be "set to spawn" in a file (except for the three buggy guys). Would you mind uploading your mdata5.mdr somewhere? If somebody found a way to make a no-show monster spawn I'd love to take a look at it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gsman
post Nov 11 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #54

Infiltrator

agreed

--------------------

+Quote Post
citan
post Nov 11 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #55

Student

QUOTE (aardless @ Nov 9 2006, 01:12 AM)
As far as I know, water-dwellers can spawn everywhere irrespective of the square type. They just need to be "set to spawn" in a file (except for the three buggy guys). Would you mind uploading your mdata5.mdr somewhere? If somebody found a way to make a no-show monster spawn I'd love to take a look at it.

I can't find the file. I've even made hidden files show up. But I still can't find it. Is it in the same folder as the set-up? (Also, I dont have a single file that ends with .mdr). Once I find it I'll give it to you.

[edit] I did a search on both my hard drives. I still came up with no results. I'll tell you what. I downloaded this from oldames.nu. I believe they still don't know this game is back on sale, so you can probably still download it. Then you can search for the file and look at the info.

This post has been edited by citan: Nov 11 2006, 11:34 PM

+Quote Post
aardless
post Nov 12 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #56

You have to look in your mordor/data directory, assuming it's still installed, which it probably isn't tongue.gif . Regardless, I downloaded it from oldgames.nu, and as far as I can tell, it's pretty much the same as the download that was available here. There's just a bit of extra warez crap in the oldgames.nu version, but the monster files are identical (i.e. Dragon Turtles are still of huge size and still use the Tengu pic), so it would appear your version became corrupt somehow. Either that or your name is Wil. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mongo
post Nov 19 2006, 10:18 PM
Post #57

Weapons Master

Member No.: 683
referrer:gazed into my crystal ball, which happens to be named Google...

@aardless - kudos for the sweet "Wil" reference, my thoughts exactly smile.gif Poor wil, guy never had a chance

--------------------
Illuminatus

+Quote Post
npsuber
post Jun 21 2008, 04:54 PM
Post #58

Fighter

Member No.: 3,099
referrer:from slimey

Kudos to whoever (Nudibranch?) put this together. Very educational! There are a few things on the level 15 section that I would update, though.

Asmodeus himself is only truly susceptible to Word of Death. Draining Touch and Electric Field are less effective, but better than nothing.

Asmodeus is 100% Drain resistant, so Draining Touch is not a good choice. Electric Field isn't a bad choice for a Sorcerer, but Acidic Spray is even better. It is a weaker spell, but Asmodeus is 75% resistant to Electrical, while only 50% resistant to Acid. Taking the resistances into account, you get the same impact for less cost with Acidic Spray. Also, when you consider the fact that Asmodeus is always surrounded by Flames Devils, Acidic Spray looks even better: Flame Devils are 50% resistant to Electrical, but they have absolutely no resistance to Acid. If you're not worried about spell cost, than Arctic Storm would also be better than Electric Field: virtually the same cost/impact with Asmodeus, but the Flame Devils have zero resistance to Cold, so you'll kill them even quicker.

The Destroyer of the Deep is the most lethal creature on 15 short of Asmodeus and the Demon Prince. It can inflict hundreds of points of damage in a single hit. All the powerful spells work well against it, and you should use one of them. The High Priestess, on the other hand, is highly resistant to nearly every spell except Flesh to Stone -- and only after you've softened her up a bit in melee.

I've found Paralyzing Death to be a very effective spell against this duo. It's a top level spell, and the Priestess is only 40% resistant to Paralysis, while the Destroyer has no resistance to it at all. So, the one spell works against them both in the same round, and you don't have to worry about whether the Priestess has been softened up enough, you can nail her with it from the get-go.

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Jun 21 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #59

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Asmodeus is 100% Drain resistant, so Draining Touch is not a good choice.

Sorry, but this is a mistake. Draining touch is resisted by magic resistance, not by drain resistance.

As a sorcerer, acidic spray is not going to cut it. You must kill Asmo as fast as you can, since his aging attack are very deadly. Acidic spray does not deal enough damage in the first place, and 50% resistance is too much to seriously consider such a weak spell (speaking in end-game terms). Imo, just use a Cap of Death. It's cheap, it's recharchable, and it is more effective than any spell a sorcerer can cast.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
npsuber
post Jun 21 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #60

Fighter

Member No.: 3,099
referrer:from slimey

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Jun 21 2008, 11:26 AM) *
Sorry, but this is a mistake. Draining touch is resisted by magic resistance, not by drain resistance.

As a sorcerer, acidic spray is not going to cut it. You must kill Asmo as fast as you can, since his aging attack are very deadly. Acidic spray does not deal enough damage in the first place, and 50% resistance is too much to seriously consider such a weak spell (speaking in end-game terms). Imo, just use a Cap of Death. It's cheap, it's recharchable, and it is more effective than any spell a sorcerer can cast.

What does it mean that Asmodeus is 100% Drain resistant? What does that affect if not Draining Touch?

As far as Acidic Spray, I was comparing it to Electric Field. You say that 50% weakness is too much, but Asmodeus is 75% resistant against electrical. For a spell level 100 Sorcerer, Electric Field will do 268-537 damage. With 75% resistance, that comes down to 67-134. With Acidic Spray, you start with 106-214. 50% is 53-107. Slightly less, but, you get some good hits on all the Flame Devils who are also doing you some serious damage at the same time. Now if you are comparing it to Word of Death - no comparison, but compared to Electric Field, Acidic Spray is an overall better choice.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 09:51 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits