IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Read this thread if you are looking for answers on the project., Lets keep all our questions to one place.
RS-Blade
post Feb 27 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 1,097
referrer:myself, websearching, have been playing mordor for years on and off of course

Yes I'm posting a separate thread, it's something that rather annoys me given the current thread count on this topic. Can we keep our questions to one place?

There's three recent topics (and almost entirely the only recent discussion happening) asking for either the game to be open sourced and another with a player offering help that proceeded to get off topic and cover the same content the other three covered.

All of these topics are inquiring the current state of the project and what is going on or asking for the project to be open sourced with the exception of one asking if you folks need help. So on that note can we keep our questions in one place and not bump 2-4 topics about the same thing every month? I propose this, pick a topic and ask your questions there.

If you are okay with this single topic i will post the issues that seem to be intermingled between these other 4 topics

There are three main questions and I'll start with the worst offender.

1) Release the source code...
This question has been in all of the recent topics (and i use the word recent lightly)
I request the team answers it (in some form) and get it out of the way, dedicate a post your "release the source code" related posts here or give an answer something along the lines of "We have no current plans to release the source." type answer if that is your intent.

Frankly i don't think releasing the source sits well with me, i have seen good things come from releasing the source code in some of these projects i guess but once you give it up it's no longer your project really.

2) Current state of the game.
This has been sort of answered but the question persists, i think it's because people want to know if you guys are even doing anything. (and there is the possibility of either frustration or lack of time to read the first few posts in this extremely active forum, if you have nothing to offer but the same answer maybe it's these later three issues that need addressed yes?)

3) Last of all do you need any help?
This question has been answered.

Bonus question) Can we get a playable demo at some point soonish?

I would like to say that personally i would love to see the crew and work you have done on this project come together by your own hands, i am not for releasing the source (outside of the project being cancelled or vaporizing) and that the fact that there are people working on a game i love as much as Mordor just brings me joy, they just don't make them like this anymore.

This post has been edited by RS-Blade: Feb 28 2012, 05:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Feb 27 2012, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499
referrer:google

I have some sub-questions for #2

- Has the game been touched at all in the last 3 months?
- If so, what has been accomplished in that timeframe?
- If not, why are we not re-thinking the way we are doing this?

+Quote Post
RS-Blade
post Feb 28 2012, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 1,097
referrer:myself, websearching, have been playing mordor for years on and off of course

I think crushers post says all we need to know. The post is current and there are no questions as to if "do they still need this?"

It's clear that crusher still has the intent to work on the project in some form or another and considering many games go for long periods of time without visible news of their development there's likely really not much more to say.

If they choose to answer your questions or stay quiet on things remains to be their choice, They could come here and discuss their plans for the game further but I'm sure you folks as well as i know that idea's and what actually get's added are often two different things.

Now i understand you folks have been waiting a long time for this game but please understand that crusher and his team have lives as well, every day things as well as things like deaths in the family or financial trouble (they are not getting paid to do this so there is no security from this project) as well as happier things like relationships and children can take a lot of time away from projects like these.

So at the risk of repeating myself let's keep our questions to one place, having them on every post on the forum comes across as negative. (the majority of the forum "in my opinion" should have mordor related banter tongue.gif) and please don't spam the thread with the same questions tongue.gif. whether a question is answered is up to the MXP Team. If a question is answered i will edit in the reply to the main post to make it easier to see.

I was involved in a similar project to this so i speak from experience, life happens (i lost a relative to cancer and lost interest in the project for about 2 years) the other thing i would like to say finally is that if you come off negative it greatly reduces the chance of the team even reading the forums, i never really had this problem myself and i was more than happy to filter the information via private messages in my situation (and I'm not saying if it is or is not an issue here, in our case we were invaded by /b/, if you don't know what that is... DO NOT go there.) but the friendlier the community is the more enjoyable it is likely to be for the MXP team, be supportive and think before you speak please (*Scratches head* Not really too good with the latter myself *Grins*)

TL;DR? Relax, Crusher's doing his thing!

Anyway i apologize if I'm speaking out of place or brought something up as an issue that may not have been an issue at all, I'd rather speak up and be wrong than to not speak up and be right.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2020 - 01:17 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits