> Go on - tell us something new
Narcissus04
post Dec 9 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 5,230
referrer:Had used the editor. used google

I know everyone here is getting a bit weary at waiting for MXP.

So how's about, just throwing us a little mcnugget - not everything needs to be a surprise. Tell us something new and get people excited again.

Our excitement will feed your excitement and soon the project will be in full swing again.

Plus - I'll give you twenty pounds for when you release wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
damned
post Dec 15 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #2

Drifter

Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

QUOTE (Narcissus04 @ Dec 9 2011, 11:35 PM) *
I know everyone here is getting a bit weary at waiting for MXP.

So how's about, just throwing us a little mcnugget - not everything needs to be a surprise. Tell us something new and get people excited again.

Our excitement will feed your excitement and soon the project will be in full swing again.

Plus - I'll give you twenty pounds for when you release wink.gif

20 pounds of.... what?... mcnuggets?

and seruisiously, wth is going on? i know X-mas is prety soon but damn, you guys even alive? "peers around at resent post dates" ahh AARDLESS!!! wth is going on with the game? you guys even talking to eachother anymore? did plp die? has a bomb gone off and the EMP fry your computers? hmmm, if that happened you could'nt say anything but still!

like the plee from "joe shmow" {WHAT IS GOING ON!!???}

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Dec 16 2011, 07:36 AM
Post #3

Infiltrator

Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

When someone says twenty pounds (£20), its usually a reference to the british sterling, which is commonly called pounds. As a Londoner, I'm also aware that £20 is the standard price for games, excluding the top games. It was not a reference to the avoirdupois.

I have to laugh that last christmas it was said that it could be achieved for (said) christmas. But in that year, nearly nothing happened, so...

<tumbleweed>

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
thermopyle
post Dec 17 2011, 08:09 AM
Post #4

Vagabond

Member No.: 6,522
referrer:google

QUOTE (rb10c @ Dec 16 2011, 01:36 AM) *
I have to laugh that last christmas it was said that it could be achieved for (said) christmas. But in that year, nearly nothing happened, so...

<tumbleweed>

I can't imagine negative comments like this would really be very beneficial to motivate the team working on MXP to give us anything. We're certainly not owed something for the time they spend on it. Asking is fine...but there's no need to be callous about it.

Edited swear-word; please remember that Braindead wants this site to be kid-friendly. --aardless

This post has been edited by aardless: Dec 17 2011, 11:25 AM

+Quote Post
Technomancer
post Dec 17 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #5

Drifter

Member No.: 4,716
referrer:Google, TWICE!

QUOTE (thermopyle @ Dec 17 2011, 04:09 AM) *
I can't imagine negative comments like this would really be very beneficial to motivate the team working on MXP to give us anything. We're certainly not owed something for the time they spend on it. Asking is fine...but there's no need to be callous about it.

I'm inclined to agree with this sentiment. I've been following MXP for years, and of course I would like it to come out sooner than later, but reminding the team of how "late" they are will make them feel even more overwhelmed and discouraged. I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, it's just something I've seen from time to time and bugs me. I've tried (to try) to make games myself, and continue to do so when I can spare the time, so I greatly appreciate the efforts of anyone who has the will and dedication to see it through, even if it takes longer than they, or I, or anyone else would like. When MXP comes out, I will be here.

The OP has the right idea though, it would be nice to have an occasional update or line-drop just to let us know what if anything is going on. Of course, if things are really slow or still getting the motor warmed back up, I can understand not feeling like saying that over and over until some real movement starts.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Dec 17 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #6

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Sigh. What can I tell you that hasn't been said ad nauseam? No, not much progress has happened in the last year. For my part I had about 80 monster pictures that didn't have a background, and I have been adding said background to about half of them in the last three or four months. The pictures are on the cool side, I think. They'll need to be assigned to monsters and some will need to have stats computed for them. I'm confident I'll have the Christmas period to myself, and I just might finish the pictures, unless I get roped in in The Old Republic, or in other time-killing activity.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Narcissus04
post Dec 17 2011, 11:48 AM
Post #7

Vagabond

Member No.: 5,230
referrer:Had used the editor. used google

QUOTE (aardless @ Dec 17 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Sigh. What can I tell you that hasn't been said ad nauseam? No, not much progress has happened in the last year. For my part I had about 80 monster pictures that didn't have a background, and I have been adding said background to about half of them in the last three or four months. The pictures are on the cool side, I think. They'll need to be assigned to monsters and some will need to have stats computed for them. I'm confident I'll have the Christmas period to myself, and I just might finish the pictures, unless I get roped in in The Old Republic, or in other time-killing activity.

Well see that's pretty cool.

I'm not trying to put on undue pressure either, obviously we can hold no real sway to make random people on the internet do what we want, they're free to tell us to do one. But I do think it's a shame that after so long and what is undeniably quite a lot of hard work that the interest seems to be waning a little since the updates stopped. It'd be nice that more of five of us played MXP in the end.

All that being said if it's menial process like adding backgrounds to monster images I'd be super happy to help.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Dec 19 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #8

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499

Well I sure hope the project hasn't been held up for the last 2 years because of a bunch of random monster backgrounds. Can we focus on the critical things first? That would be fixing game-breaking bugs (if any) and finishing the core functionality. Want to know the best thing you could do for morale for both the dev team and the rest of us? Release something. Anything. As long as it's playable I don't care if there are things left that haven't been implemented yet. People will play it and it will generate a lot of positive discussion that will be good for everyone. You can always release updates later, it's not like people are just going to download the prelim version and then forget about the project. There are a lot of fanmade games/mods that are in a state of constant development kind of like this, except the difference between those and this is that they actually release it as it progresses and everyone has a lot more fun.

+Quote Post
LordTizer
post Jan 1 2012, 09:48 PM
Post #9

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,802
referrer:web search/old site

Greetings all. Newly registered on this site, used to be registered on the old site -- went to check on it, saw that it was gone, did some searching and found my way here. That being said, I spent hundreds of hours playing the original Mordor 1.1 and when I first found the mordor xp project, I was beyond elated. While I admit I would love to see a bit more progress, just as everyone else... its only right to offer thanks and support to the team working on this. Without them it would not be possible, and as long as they don't give up and the project does eventually reach some level of completion... They've done far more for the mordor community than anyone else. Therefore, I thank them for their efforts and will eagerly follow and await any new developments! Kudos to the development team!

+Quote Post
smiley
post Jan 2 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #10

Explorer

Member No.: 3,220

QUOTE (LordTizer @ Jan 1 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Greetings all. Newly registered on this site, used to be registered on the old site -- went to check on it, saw that it was gone, did some searching and found my way here. That being said, I spent hundreds of hours playing the original Mordor 1.1 and when I first found the mordor xp project, I was beyond elated. While I admit I would love to see a bit more progress, just as everyone else... its only right to offer thanks and support to the team working on this. Without them it would not be possible, and as long as they don't give up and the project does eventually reach some level of completion... They've done far more for the mordor community than anyone else. Therefore, I thank them for their efforts and will eagerly follow and await any new developments! Kudos to the development team!

well said.

+Quote Post
mormengil
post Jan 15 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #11

Journeyman

Member No.: 1,788
referrer:Google *is* our friend

Ha! We haven't forgotten about Mordor XP :]

I silently check up on things around here every 4-5 months.

So just letting the people in the MXP team know there is still interest and support from many of us :]

--------------------
War..
War never changes..

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Jan 17 2012, 01:37 AM
Post #12

Teacher

Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Dec 18 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Well I sure hope the project hasn't been held up for the last 2 years because of a bunch of random monster backgrounds. Can we focus on the critical things first? That would be fixing game-breaking bugs (if any) and finishing the core functionality. Want to know the best thing you could do for morale for both the dev team and the rest of us? Release something. Anything. As long as it's playable I don't care if there are things left that haven't been implemented yet. People will play it and it will generate a lot of positive discussion that will be good for everyone. You can always release updates later, it's not like people are just going to download the prelim version and then forget about the project. There are a lot of fanmade games/mods that are in a state of constant development kind of like this, except the difference between those and this is that they actually release it as it progresses and everyone has a lot more fun.

This! I couldn't care less if there is missing artwork here or there! Just release the damned beta already!

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
Twilight *slayer...
post Jan 29 2012, 06:35 AM
Post #13

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,803
referrer:searching mordor on google

The amount of time this game is taking it will not really be worth it to some, also I hope the team is not overdoing it on how many things they are adding

Would like to see lots more floors and monsters on them but dont feel like waiting and then finding out it is a mordor game on steroids

My advice is to release it as a beta 1.0 and then update it whenever you can.

This post has been edited by Twilight *slayer*: Jan 29 2012, 06:50 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2020 - 02:18 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits