Crusher Junior
post Dec 31 2010, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

Hello to all of our fans who have been waiting for this game for so long,

The MXP Development Team has decided that we can greatly facilitate production at this stage in development by providing opportunities for input from the community. That means we'll be turning to you for an opportunity to directly contribute to the development of this game and get your name listed in the credits! We will be holding community contests to write descriptions for certain monsters and items - most likely on a weekly basis, but we may increase or decrease that time depending on how many submissions we get per batch of items and monsters posted. The Development Team will review the submissions for each item and/or monster and pick one to be included in the game (with revisions made if necessary).

The rules are as such:

1. Five items and five monsters will be posted per round. There is no limit to how many descriptions a contestant may write per round. However, you may submit only one description per item.
2. Please use correct spelling and grammar.
3. Please check the bi-monthly updates for examples of the monster and item descriptions we have written already. You may use the styles used in these descriptions as a guideline, or use whatever style you believe fits the item or monster well.
4. We'll leave the length of the description to your own judgment. Sometimes descriptions don't need more than 4 or 5 sentences, but other times you may feel a "special" item or monster deserves a lengthier description.
5. "Having a fifth rule would be overdoing it," a great man once said. There is no fifth rule.

The bottom line is to have fun with this: be creative and write an interesting description, but please remember to 'keep it clean'.

Keep an eye out for the first round of the contest, coming very soon!

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Dec 31 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

i am so looking forward to it! i enjoy creative writing, and being offered to do it for none other than the best game in the world is an honour!
happy.gif

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
gruevy
post Jan 1 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #3

Journeyman

Member No.: 4,444
referrer:google search

I asked if I could help with the writing almost a year ago. Better late than never, I guess. Now to pretend my English degree is useful.

+Quote Post
Narcissus04
post Jan 2 2011, 01:33 PM
Post #4

Vagabond

Member No.: 5,230
referrer:Had used the editor. used google

Brilliant idea, it'd be good for the rest of everyone to get our teeth sunk in.

+Quote Post
barklight
post Jan 4 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Vagabond

Member No.: 1,945
referrer:The old M2 Wiki :)

Awesome to see parts of this opening up!

Then again it's for text content and detailing, not actual coding, which is cool nonetheless :]

--------------------
The Rules (NEW RULES as of 9/13/2010)
Rule #003: There is no Gnomish god of heavy artillery.
Rule #092: The name of the weapon shop is not "Bloodbath and Beyond".
Rule #155: I am not allowed to rub any part of the elf chick for any reason.
Rule #472: When my cleric is told to "Buff the Elf", I know exactly what it means and may not misconstrue it in any way.
Rule #609: No deity will let me use my nipples as holy symbols.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Jan 9 2011, 08:28 PM
Post #6

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

This should probably have been said in the starting thread, but we're trying to avoid too many real-world references. There are however a few in some older descriptions of ours. This was prompted by yff's description, the idea of que? as reason for the prefix in Que'ssus is actually quite good, but we'll probably change the name of the language if the description is included.

To be fair we should release some background on local lore as our description writers have meshed it with their descriptions, but I hardly know where to start, perhaps Crusher or somebody else will think of something. It's perfectly OK if you, dear community, want to build a theme around a favourite hero of yours, or make up a distant country with strange customs, etc, which make returning appearances in several descriptions.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Jan 9 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #7

Infiltrator

Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

stats and resistances would be nice!

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 08:16 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits