> Release any time soon?
gruevy
post Feb 26 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #1

Journeyman

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 4,444
referrer:google search

About a year ago, there was word of an impending early beta release. It's been a year. I don't post much, but I do check the site almost daily for updates. Any word on this? Is this still gonna happen? Can we get a playable beta any time soon?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Feb 27 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #2

Infiltrator

Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

i agree! i think there should be some form of beta version open to the public. possibly open sourced for all those programmers out there to help.
please release it!

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
Edo
post Feb 28 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #3

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,696
referrer:Google

QUOTE (gruevy @ Feb 26 2010, 02:23 PM) *
I don't post much, but I do check the site almost daily for updates. Any word on this? Is this still gonna happen? Can we get a playable beta any time soon?

I second this completely.

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Mar 2 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #4

Teacher

Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (Edo @ Feb 28 2010, 01:01 AM) *
I second this completely.

As do I. An open Beta is just what this community needs!

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Mar 6 2010, 05:45 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

Progress has been a little slow lately, so it will probably be at least a while.

+Quote Post
gruevy
post Mar 6 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #6

Journeyman

Progress has been slow for years. There's nothing like seeing that 10k people have downloaded your game and are playing it to give a bit of motivation.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Mar 6 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #7

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499
referrer:google

I check here every couple months. When this project started I was 14 years old. Now I'm almost 22. Release something already, for christs sake

+Quote Post
npsuber
post Mar 7 2010, 11:02 PM
Post #8

Fighter

Member No.: 3,099
referrer:from slimey

I doubt there will ever be a release. If Deklin owns the rights to Mordor 1, and Mordor XP is basically a reworked version of M1, why would he allow someone to release something that competes with his product for free? It makes no sense. He wants to sell M1, and who is going to fork over money to buy M1, if they can just dl an updated and improved MXP for free?

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Mar 8 2010, 03:01 AM
Post #9

Veteran

If I recall, the team has full rights to use all Mordor related stuff for this project. It will be released eventuall

+Quote Post
gruevy
post Mar 8 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #10

Journeyman

I hate to be that obnoxious fan that shows up and makes demands, but I'm sort of starting to think that I'm gonna have to put this project in the vaporware category and delete my bookmark so I stop wasting my time checking it every day. From what I've seen of what's been released, the game looks hella fun, and I'd love to play. I'd love to contribute, actually, if there was anything I could do without programming. deathbykungfu AT gmail DOT com, btw, if there is something. I'd be good for any writing involved, as well as level design. However, if I don't see some kind of response or progress happening soon, I'm giving up, and if it ever comes out, I'll just hope to hear about it then. At least throw out another update with some specifics, for goodness sake.

This post has been edited by gruevy: Mar 8 2010, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
barklight
post Mar 9 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #11

Vagabond

Member No.: 1,945
referrer:The old M2 Wiki :)

I'm getting antsy myself but I'm not about to give up or anything. There are plenty of other games to play while I wait for this gemstone to hit the open air.

If you actually nuke your bookmark, keep the post here, and I'm sure someone will drop you a line at that email info to let you know.

I don't check in religiously often, but I'm not going anywhere tongue.gif

--------------------
The Rules (NEW RULES as of 9/13/2010)
Rule #003: There is no Gnomish god of heavy artillery.
Rule #092: The name of the weapon shop is not "Bloodbath and Beyond".
Rule #155: I am not allowed to rub any part of the elf chick for any reason.
Rule #472: When my cleric is told to "Buff the Elf", I know exactly what it means and may not misconstrue it in any way.
Rule #609: No deity will let me use my nipples as holy symbols.

+Quote Post
Edo
post Mar 9 2010, 02:17 AM
Post #12

Drifter

Member No.: 3,696
referrer:Google

I used to be worried it'd be released too early for me (I'm above maximum allowed college credit load, and I work part time 7 days/wk). I just wouldn't have time to play this game. If it was released while I'm in school, I'd be risking my education, hahaha.

But now it looks like I'll be clear and free (graduating this June), but no with no Mordor to fill my newfound evenings. *shrug* It comes when it comes. There are people with real lives behind this project. I want them to know how much I appreciate this whole project, and what a fan I am. I just hope I can trust that it is going to be released, and they aren't holding back an unfinished product indefinitely.

Hell, maybe I could help with this thing in the future, I have worked on some amateur games in the past, but it's not something I can consider spending time on right now. I just want to see this thing and the community both take off again.

My two cents. sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Omlet
post Mar 13 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #13

Student

Member No.: 4,165
referrer:www.google.com ;]

I'm still waiting for the release of MXP. I still have faith :-)

+Quote Post
Braindead
post Mar 20 2010, 12:58 PM
Post #14

Zombie Master

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
referrer:;)

We have official allowance from Decklin to release MordorXP, it's just a matter of getting to a releasable state. I've always have had a hard time getting over the finishing line and I'm not the only one with that problem.

We'll get there sooner or later though...

--------------------
Do not PM me for support, if you have troubles running Mordor ask in the Technical Support forum!

+Quote Post
barklight
post Mar 21 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #15

Vagabond

Member No.: 1,945
referrer:The old M2 Wiki :)

QUOTE (Braindead @ Mar 20 2010, 01:58 PM) *
We'll get there sooner or later though...

Indeed ;] This is a first from me, but anything I can do to pitch in? Content-wise and/or programming wise. I've done some dabbling with C++ and have Visual S. '05 but haven't touched it in about a year. If not, then I'll get back to FFXIII and keep refreshing every other day tongue.gif

--------------------
The Rules (NEW RULES as of 9/13/2010)
Rule #003: There is no Gnomish god of heavy artillery.
Rule #092: The name of the weapon shop is not "Bloodbath and Beyond".
Rule #155: I am not allowed to rub any part of the elf chick for any reason.
Rule #472: When my cleric is told to "Buff the Elf", I know exactly what it means and may not misconstrue it in any way.
Rule #609: No deity will let me use my nipples as holy symbols.

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Mar 25 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #16

Teacher

Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (Edo @ Mar 8 2010, 07:17 PM) *
I used to be worried it'd be released too early for me (I'm above maximum allowed college credit load, and I work part time 7 days/wk). I just wouldn't have time to play this game. If it was released while I'm in school, I'd be risking my education, hahaha.

But now it looks like I'll be clear and free (graduating this June), but no with no Mordor to fill my newfound evenings. *shrug* It comes when it comes. There are people with real lives behind this project. I want them to know how much I appreciate this whole project, and what a fan I am. I just hope I can trust that it is going to be released, and they aren't holding back an unfinished product indefinitely.

Hell, maybe I could help with this thing in the future, I have worked on some amateur games in the past, but it's not something I can consider spending time on right now. I just want to see this thing and the community both take off again.

My two cents. sleep.gif

I whole-heartedly agree. If every classic game got a second chance as promising as Mordor is getting, we'd all be singing songs of praise! But alas, that simply is not the case. The way I see it, this community needs to be livened up. While many of us may be content to just continue discussing Mordor 1.1 and the like, Mordor XP is what we strive for as a community. Having an open Beta here available for all to download will give all of us hope, I'm sure.

QUOTE (Braindead @ Mar 20 2010, 05:58 AM) *
We have official allowance from Decklin to release MordorXP, it's just a matter of getting to a releasable state. I've always have had a hard time getting over the finishing line and I'm not the only one with that problem.

If all the legal matters are taken care of, what precisely is this "finishing line" you're working on? I believe it would do us all some good to know what the issue(s) is, how big, and how much progress has been made on it. I figure that if we put our heads together we can come up with a solution. Even if we don't, some indication of how close you all are to solving the problem will go a long way. A common goal or purpose is the pride of any community. Whatever the problem, be it technical, legal, or otherwise, specifically discussing it here as a community will inspire everyone here, and perhaps even some newcomers, that our cause does have hope.

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Mar 26 2010, 01:55 AM
Post #17

Veteran

As far as I recall, it was a bunch of art and a few bugs that needed fixing, though it's been forever since I checked. :S

+Quote Post
Crusher Junior
post Apr 1 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #18

Nomad Slayer

Group: Mordor MP Mod
Member No.: 10
referrer:braindead

Like Braindead mentioned, we have full legal rights to use anything from Mordor 1, Mordor 2, and Demise: The Rise of the Ku'Tan.

MXP has hit a standstill, but we are looking to get back on our feet soon.

@Nudibranch, I sent you an e-mail.

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt...then it's HILARIOUS

To misquote Bill Gates: "500 million should be enough for anyone".
-elro

+Quote Post
gruevy
post Apr 1 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #19

Journeyman

QUOTE (Crusher Junior @ Mar 31 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Like Braindead mentioned, we have full legal rights to use anything from Mordor 1, Mordor 2, and Demise: The Rise of the Ku'Tan.

MXP has hit a standstill, but we are looking to get back on our feet soon.

@Nudibranch, I sent you an e-mail.

Just put it up with blank pictures and missing music if you have to.

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Apr 2 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #20

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499
referrer:google

Yes, finally! MordorXP is set to be released next week! I can't wait!

April fools...

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 08:53 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits