> Best Items Found Recently..., Follow up on I found a Dwarven Warhammer
Roland
post May 2 2017, 11:06 PM
Post #161

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Found my first Ring of Truth a couple days ago and my first Pure Mithril last night.

Promptly flipped the ring from evil to neutral and had my Seeker/Thief/Sorceror equip it. Since he always takes the lead he can use the defense, and the +1 wisdom will help with disarming traps.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 5 2017, 08:29 PM
Post #162

Infiltrator

Last night I found my first Dragon's Blood and my first Vorpal Blade - both in the same expedition. In the next expedition I found my second Dragon's Blood!

Is there any reason to fully ID Dragon's Blood? That last ID level is ridiculously expensive, and it doesn't appear to provide any useful info.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Jul 5 2017, 08:40 PM
Post #163

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

ID it once if you're a library completionist. Other than that, nope, you don't need to fully ID unaligned items.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Jul 27 2017, 07:55 PM
Post #164

Drifter

Member No.: 609
referrer:Once you discover Mordor, there will always be Mordor.

Yes! Found my very first Blessing of Morash, on level 14 from a Pariah!

I haven't even ventured onto level 15 yet with this group. Looks like everything's coming up Milhouse!

--------------------
Boromir said it best: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Jul 28 2017, 02:54 PM
Post #165

Drifter

Member No.: 248

I despise Pariahs. I've probably killed 30 of them since I picked up Mordor again. Only half had chests. None of them had a Blessing of Morash.

Edit: On the other hand, I have found 33 Dragon's Blood so far, two of them just now. That's decent.

This post has been edited by Hopper: Jul 28 2017, 03:53 PM

+Quote Post
Roland
post Jul 28 2017, 07:45 PM
Post #166

Infiltrator

I have yet to spot a Pariah, even though I regularly hit all the stud rooms on 12 where they can appear, and occasionally venture down to 13.

The monster I am coming to despise is Asteryex. The last half-dozen times I encountered that monstrosity, it did not drop an item!

Returning to topic, I found my first Magenta Sash last night. My library now lists 295 items.

+Quote Post
Hopper
post Jul 29 2017, 02:44 AM
Post #167

Drifter

Member No.: 248

Found my first Boots of the Elven Lords. I thought my game was bugged or something, because it's rarity is value is listed at two, and I have tons of stuff that has a greater rarity value (Hell, I've found four Blessings of Morash).

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Jul 29 2017, 02:08 PM
Post #168

Drifter

I've spotted about 3 Pariahs so far, so to get a BoM this early I feel pretty lucky. I've mostly been roaming levels 13 and 14 now because my party can handle it, and I wasn't getting too much great loot from 11 and 12... Although Asteryx have been fairly good to me, I've gotten a Grey Elven Robe and Ring of Truth, also a Pendragon.

I really want that Vorpal Blade though, my thief is still rocking a Shadow's Blade.

--------------------
Boromir said it best: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Aug 1 2017, 03:26 AM
Post #169

Fire Master

Be careful with that, Blessings can be, um, habit-forming. blush2.gif whistling.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
cartmann
post Sep 25 2017, 07:44 PM
Post #170

Student

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,666
referrer:Already knew the game

So I have played the game I was about 4, and never got anywhere whatsoever, I visited Level 2 only accidentally when hitting teleporters or chutes

But last couple of days I've decided to give it a proper bash and got my 4 char party to 30 in nomad (first time ever) and going for their proper guilds now.

Fancied a solo char so I made one and been slowly building him up through tomes etc, and I was going around lvl 1 killing what I could. Came across a group of twisted dwarves and well... got 2 War Hammers from that single chest

Can't believe it, that's 4 in total now I'm bloody stoked!

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Sep 26 2017, 01:41 PM
Post #171

Drifter

QUOTE (cartmann @ Sep 25 2017, 02:44 PM) *
So I have played the game I was about 4, and never got anywhere whatsoever, I visited Level 2 only accidentally when hitting teleporters or chutes

But last couple of days I've decided to give it a proper bash and got my 4 char party to 30 in nomad (first time ever) and going for their proper guilds now.

Fancied a solo char so I made one and been slowly building him up through tomes etc, and I was going around lvl 1 killing what I could. Came across a group of twisted dwarves and well... got 2 War Hammers from that single chest

Can't believe it, that's 4 in total now I'm bloody stoked!

Ah yes good ol' Warhammers. Those will keep your characters happy for some time smile.gif

Reminds me of when I first started out the game and played countless hours on the shareware version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cartmann
post Sep 26 2017, 03:12 PM
Post #172

Student

QUOTE (sneroplex @ Sep 26 2017, 02:41 PM) *
Ah yes good ol' Warhammers. Those will keep your characters happy for some time smile.gif

Reminds me of when I first started out the game and played countless hours on the shareware version.

Haha yeah I still have the 1250+ games CD with the shareware on it - I never fully mapped out lvl 2 so the fact it had 3 levels was more than enough to tide me over growing up!

+Quote Post
cartmann
post Sep 27 2017, 01:48 AM
Post #173

Student

Apologies if double posting isn't allowed -

Just found a White Robe

Not sure I'll use it yet as I do quite value my A/D but no doubt it'll be handy later on

I've just about fully mapped lvl 3 - Those goblin guards arew hard hitters and have high hits! Luckily my Mage's Summon Shade isn't too expensive and does a good job across the board there

Still haven't had a good drop from the Goblin Lord, just iron/steel bracers... They must have something good, right?

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Sep 27 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #174

Fire Master

QUOTE (cartmann @ Sep 26 2017, 09:48 PM) *
Still haven't had a good drop from the Goblin Lord, just iron/steel bracers... They must have something good, right?

Most definitely!

--------------------

+Quote Post
cartmann
post Sep 28 2017, 09:24 AM
Post #175

Student

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Sep 27 2017, 02:57 AM) *
Most definitely!

Ooooooohhhh yes! Aard of being! haha they are a damn good item!

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Oct 13 2017, 03:21 PM
Post #176

Drifter

Just found my second Dominator ever on level 6 from an Imp! It's probably been over a year since I got the first one.

Such a nice sword for that part of the game.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Oct 13 2017, 04:31 PM
Post #177

Soldier

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

I *FINALLY* found a Cross of Commanding from the Demonist on this install. Only took until my healer was level 100. Still, one of the best weapons in the game in my book - 1.7 modifier, one handed, and four swings?! Plus 38 charges of Abolish Undead!

I also apparently found a Dominator something like 3 years ago (the game says 1116 days) from a Rashart on level 5. I only know this because it's the only one I've ever found I'm pretty sure, and my ninja is loving it right now.

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
sneroplex
post Oct 13 2017, 04:59 PM
Post #178

Drifter

QUOTE (MythrilZenith @ Oct 13 2017, 11:31 AM) *
I *FINALLY* found a Cross of Commanding from the Demonist on this install. Only took until my healer was level 100. Still, one of the best weapons in the game in my book - 1.7 modifier, one handed, and four swings?! Plus 38 charges of Abolish Undead!

I also apparently found a Dominator something like 3 years ago (the game says 1116 days) from a Rashart on level 5. I only know this because it's the only one I've ever found I'm pretty sure, and my ninja is loving it right now.

Solid. I agree Cross of Commanding is great, the best caster weapon until Vampire Fang for sure.

Oh yeah Ninja's and Dominators are a great combo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roland
post Oct 13 2017, 06:26 PM
Post #179

Infiltrator

After a long drought of finding new items, over the past few days I found my first Gloves of Doom, Gauntlets of Slaying, and Dalyn's Last Laugh. I also found my second Girdle of Giant Strength. The Gloves, Gauntlets, and Girdle are all aligned good, so my Gnome is happy - the Dwarves not so much.

Dalyn's Last Laugh is cursed, but it gives +1 on all stats, so my Seeker/Thief equipped it. Too late, I realized it costs 56 million to uncurse, so changing guilds will be expensive! I'll probably continue in the Thieves' Guild longer than I intended before I switch back to Seeker.

My library now stands at 301 items. I think Ring of Death is the only sub-14 item I'm missing.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Dec 1 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #180

Infiltrator

Last night I found my first level-15 item - Blessing of Morash! In the same run I found a Grey Elven Robe. After equipping both, my Seeker/Thief is just 3 points shy of 500 defense - and he will get those 3 points the next time he makes level!

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2020 - 01:30 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits