Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Solo Evil Morloch
MythrilZenith
post Sep 7 2019, 08:47 PM
Post #61

Voyager

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 6 2019, 01:57 PM) *
I created a monster checklist in Excel, sorted by monster type and dungeon floor. I added two useful bits of info - encounter chance if 5 or less, and whether charm resistant. I excluded level-16 monsters, which are all charm resistant. I would be happy to share it with you.

P.S. I just tried to upload the file to the downloads section of this site, but .xls is not a permitted file type. If you would like a copy of the file, PM me with your e-mail address.

Sounds cool. Yeah I just sent you a pm so feel free to share that over if you want. That would make life a heck of a lot easier happydance.gif

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 14 2019, 05:59 AM
Post #62

Soldier

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Did you get my monster checklist? I sent it on Sunday.

I understand Fischsemmel's frustration with his Swashbuckler quest. Even with my concerted efforts to fill the confinement, I only have 1 Swashbuckler. The only other charmable monsters of levels 1-3 that I have fewer than 9 of are Tengu (3) and Daemon (4).

I return from every expedition with a few companions to add to confinement. If I find a monster I want early in the expedition, I make a note of where I found it and leave it, hoping it will still be there on the return trip. Unless it is rare, in which case I grab it and head back to town immediately (as I did last night with a pair of Daemons).

Of monsters that are both charmable and questable, I am missing only 24, mostly from levels 8-10. I am starting to get level 10 quests, so I need to keep plugging away - I'm not quest-proof yet.

Once I have confinement filled, maybe I'll start a Ninja!

+Quote Post
MythrilZenith
post Sep 15 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #63

Voyager

Member No.: 6,867
referrer:A google-search for Mordor: Depths of Dejenol maps led me here!

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 13 2019, 11:59 PM) *

Oh, yeah I got that when you sent it. I just never replied because I didn't really have much to say. It was all pretty self-explanatory.

Are Daemons really that rare? Now that I think about it I've kind of lost track of how common/rare certain monsters are at earlier floors, since I haven't been around them too long (and I'm being quested for stuff around 10 now more regularly than anything else).

--------------------
Just an average nomad trying to figure out how Mordor really works.

I've also taken the liberty of recording some videos of Mordor: Depths of Dejenol!

Classics are classic, but never mistake nostalgia for superiority. When older is better, it's because it truly is, not just because our perception of it makes it so.

+Quote Post
Roland
post Sep 15 2019, 09:45 PM
Post #64

Soldier

Yes, Daemons are rare. On level 3, the first level where they can appear, only 1 demon encounter in 30 will produce a Daemon. More generally, the demons whose name ends in -meon are much more common than the others at levels 8 and below. I am now seeing Daemons more often in second slot of higher-level demons than in the first slot.

Column H of the comprehensive monster list gives the encounter chance. It is the one piece of info on that table that is not available on the Wiki. I picked it up from the Hendersons site.

+Quote Post
fischsemmel
post Sep 16 2019, 11:34 AM
Post #65

Fighter

Member No.: 6,580
referrer:Search engine

QUOTE (Roland @ Sep 14 2019, 01:59 AM) *

I understand Fischsemmel's frustration with his Swashbuckler quest. Even with my concerted efforts to fill the confinement, I only have 1 Swashbuckler. The only other charmable monsters of levels 1-3 that I have fewer than 9 of are Tengu (3) and Daemon (4).

I return from every expedition with a few companions to add to confinement. If I find a monster I want early in the expedition, I make a note of where I found it and leave it, hoping it will still be there on the return trip. Unless it is rare, in which case I grab it and head back to town immediately (as I did last night with a pair of Daemons).

Of monsters that are both charmable and questable, I am missing only 24, mostly from levels 8-10. I am starting to get level 10 quests, so I need to keep plugging away - I'm not quest-proof yet.

Once I have confinement filled, maybe I'll start a Ninja!

I checked my newest party's library for kicks.

Nearly 60 hours played, almost all on 1-7. I've seen 67 daemons! Only 10 air elementals, 11 lunch demons, 6 morguls, 8 swashbucklers, 15 tengu (i spent a lot of time on 1, like 15-20 hours).

(and 1 gibbering yethwa, 1 jubilex, 1 morey bilk, though I don't make a point to visit non-lake areas on 7 or wander around on 8-9)

Everything else on 1-7 I've seen at least 20-25 times minimum, Im pretty sure.

This post has been edited by fischsemmel: Sep 16 2019, 11:36 AM

+Quote Post
Roland
post Today, 06:00 AM
Post #66

Soldier

When Aelric reached Nomad 238, I immediately dug up my Pendragon from storage and tried to equip it - and learned that Aelric's stats are too low! To don a Pendragon, you need a minimum of 22 in Int, Wis, and Cha. Since it counts only natural stats, Aelric, with his 19 charisma, will never be able to wear a Pendragon. I'm so bummed!

I checked other high-level items. It looks like the Lamurian Crown is also out of reach for him. He barely has the constitution minimum for some weapons, so if he uses them he'll have to carry a backup weapon in case he get drained for con.

I've started leveling him in Warrior again. I dropped the Vamp Fang and picked up two swords - Vorpal Blade and Avenger. I use the VB to speed up the descent from 1 to 7, and then switch to the Avenger when I go deeper. I switch back to the VB when disarming nasty traps. I just have to remember to cast Electrical Resistance since I'm not carrying the Shield of Defense anymore.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2019 - 06:39 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits