> music not working
i_love_rush_and_...
post Jan 9 2015, 06:25 PM
Post #1

Fighter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 7,124
referrer:slimeys

i tried copying the zelda music into my music folder in mordor and then the music stopped working. but if im logged into mordor and am at the city screen when i got curious i tried playing music from the music folder in the mordor folder and the music that i play plays but the city music plays intertwined in with the music i play (all the songs from the music folder.) so if i go to the main menu and play a song (any song) from the music folder it will play the intro song intertwined with the song i play from the music folder. but when i exit the game and play a song its no longer intertwined. me and darkermuffin tried our best to fix it but couldn't find out how. i tried using my code on decklins site and the legacy 3.1 files are gone and so i used the new one and installed it (it installed to program files) and loaded the game from there and no music. i cant seem to find mu mordor cd to install just the ideal files what do i do? is the midi mapper the issue? i read in the helpfile that if there is no music it could be the midi mapper. but im not experianced enough to do that. but i could try

--------------------
just so you know its me, kingkirki49

Ich kann drei prozent auf deustch sprechen.

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jan 9 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #2

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

I'm still not sure I completely understand... But this is the Zelda music download you used, right? Link. (Oh what an awful pun.)

Anyways, some questions for clarification!

1: Which OS are you using? Also, are you using an emulator for an older version of Windows?

2: We went through the basic stuff with adjusting settings in the options menu, like switching the sound canvas MIDI option. There were a couple things I wasn't sure if you had the chance to try or not though. Specifically, did you get a chance to mess with the MORDOR.ini file? I'll add something to try at the end of my post just in case.

3: The sound effects still work properly, right?

4: I think I misunderstood in the PMs. So what's happening is...

There's no music in MORDOR right now.
When you play music from the music folder in a different player, Mordor and the music player both start playing songs at the same time? Then everything works as normal with the music player when Mordor's closed?

I think this is where I'm most confused...

5: You've also tried the copy of the music folder I sent, without the Zelda music?

On Mordor not playing music even in the new install location, this may have to do with the MORDOR.ini file. Mordor tends to check the same location for that ini file, no matter where Mordor's installed. The ini file generally keeps track of user preferences, such as music volume, fonts that Mordor uses, and screen saver settings.

Depending on if you have file extensions enabled or not, you should find a file in C:\Wundows either called MORDOR or MORDOR.ini. On XP, the default picture is an open notepad with a gear on it. Try backing it up somewhere safe (say, make a copy on the desktop) and deleting the original file. After that, try loading Mordor.

You should get a message welcoming you to Mordor. It should look like this:

That should swap every game setting to the default, while leaving all your characters, map info, store info, and the like unchanged.

Let me know if this works, or if you've already tried it! I wasn't sure if you had given this a shot yet from the PMs.

--------------------
null

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Jan 9 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #3

Fighter

a1. windows xp 64 bit no emulator

a2. tried that did not work

a3. yes

a4. you got it right

a5. yes still no music

i even opened the ini file and saw nomusic=false so its not that. im thinking it could be the midi mapper or maybe the file extension of the midi files?

--------------------

my famous mordor saying

Zeige mir, oh Lehrer. Derjenige, der Magie tut, ist töricht aber der Krieger ist stark. Der Dieb stiehlt , aber der Heiler gibt. Der Suchende sucht, aber der Hexenmeister sieht. Der Magier bezaubert, aber die Zauberer bläst. Der Nomade reist, aber der Bösewicht ist böse. Der Paladin tötet Drachen und der Ninja schleicht. Und der Scavenger? Er sucht nach Nahrung und Gold.

(translated)

Teach me, O teacher. The one who does magic is foolish, but the warrior is strong. The thief steals, but the healer gives. The seeker seeks, but the wizard sees. The mage charms, but the Sorcerer blasts. The nomad travels, but the villain is evil. The paladin kills dragons and the ninja creeps. And the scavenger? He searches for food and gold.

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Jan 9 2015, 11:24 PM
Post #4

Fighter

for all to know. i reinstalled the game with original 3.1 files and still no music

--------------------

my famous mordor saying

(translated)

+Quote Post
i_love_rush_and_...
post Jan 9 2015, 11:32 PM
Post #5

Fighter

fixed it fixed it! the midi volume tab was down to none i have no clue how it got like that i dont remember touching it

This post has been edited by i_love_rush_and_ledzepp: Jan 9 2015, 11:40 PM

--------------------

my famous mordor saying

(translated)

+Quote Post
DarkerMuffin
post Jan 10 2015, 12:06 AM
Post #6

Fighter

Member No.: 4,683
referrer:Search engine

Aha, glad you got it working again!

--------------------
null

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 12:35 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits