> Creature artwork needed, plus planning
Jason
post Jun 19 2019, 06:58 PM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,719
referrer:Google

So this the idea I'm thinking for showing creatures attacking you.

So this is concept artwork mostly, using a placeholder creature image. I'm not really an artist so if we want better artwork than this I need someone with more artistic talent than myself to contribute. Anyone interested? No providing someone else's copyrighted material please, of course.

As for planning, should do that before we delve deeply into making the actual artwork. Should we use one image to represent the group? Or try and show all the members of the group visually? Answers to questions like these will influence what is required for the artwork. So if anyone has ideas or suggestions, now is the time to bring it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
super_radish
post Jun 25 2019, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,819
referrer:i used the internet

I'd recommend skipping adding animations for attacks and just put swooshes or effects indicating the attack. It's less intensive on resources.

that out of the way, do you need help programming for this project? I might be able to toss some art together as well. i'm superradish#2164 on discord if you wanna talk about it

+Quote Post
Jason
post Jun 27 2019, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,719
referrer:Google

QUOTE (super_radish @ Jun 24 2019, 07:08 PM) *
I'd recommend skipping adding animations for attacks and just put swooshes or effects indicating the attack. It's less intensive on resources.

that out of the way, do you need help programming for this project? I might be able to toss some art together as well. i'm superradish#2164 on discord if you wanna talk about it

I wasn't planning on having animations, just static images really, but I guess that could depend on what artists wanted to do, so long as it isn't too ambitious. Artists always want to push things way past the limits usually, if you let them. smile.gif

If you'd like to help with programming, ya, you could help out I guess. Is there anything specifically you wanted to work on? Do you know java and swing? I don't use discord so maybe email instead?

+Quote Post
super_radish
post Jul 29 2019, 05:50 AM
Post #4

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,819
referrer:i used the internet

QUOTE (Jason @ Jun 27 2019, 04:34 PM) *
I wasn't planning on having animations, just static images really, but I guess that could depend on what artists wanted to do, so long as it isn't too ambitious. Artists always want to push things way past the limits usually, if you let them. smile.gif

If you'd like to help with programming, ya, you could help out I guess. Is there anything specifically you wanted to work on? Do you know java and swing? I don't use discord so maybe email instead?

Yeah java is actually my primary language and i worked with primitive versions of swing back in like... 2010

just email me - superradish@gmail.com

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 03:57 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits