> Sound problems with Win3.11 VirtualBox Install
Tokenas
post Feb 13 2013, 08:14 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,037
referrer:Google

Hey, guys - I played a ton of Mordor back in the day, and got the itch to do it again.

I've managed to get most of the way through the process, and have a functioning Win3.11 OS installed on my VirtualBox, and got Mordor installed. It runs, but without sound; I've played with the MIDI mapper, but haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thermopyle
post Feb 14 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #2

Vagabond

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,522
referrer:google

QUOTE (Tokenas @ Feb 13 2013, 02:14 PM) *
Hey, guys - I played a ton of Mordor back in the day, and got the itch to do it again.

I've managed to get most of the way through the process, and have a functioning Win3.11 OS installed on my VirtualBox, and got Mordor installed. It runs, but without sound; I've played with the MIDI mapper, but haven't had any luck so far. Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks!!!

Use XP instead? It'll work fine with Mordor. Win 3.11 I'm not sure about, but XP in VirtualBox picks up my soundcard and video and such without any problems.

+Quote Post
Tokenas
post Feb 14 2013, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 7,037
referrer:Google

QUOTE (thermopyle @ Feb 14 2013, 01:50 PM) *
Use XP instead? It'll work fine with Mordor. Win 3.11 I'm not sure about, but XP in VirtualBox picks up my soundcard and video and such without any problems.

That does seem easy! I'll have to, um, procure of copy somewhere. Thanks!!

+Quote Post
Theobromine
post Apr 10 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #4

Apprentice

Member No.: 2,012
referrer:Looking on the web in hopes of a way to reset my forgotten Mordor password.

I was able to get video and sound up and going in Win 7 64 bit using dosbox .74 and win 3.1 following the suggestions on this site http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=9405 . Using the s3 video driver at 1024x768 64k colors and using the sound blaster 1.0 not the 1.5 as I could not get sound on the 1.5

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 05:02 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits