Ralock
post Mar 22 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,286
referrer:The interwebs

Hey,

I'm new to these forums, but they seem like the only active place anymore for Mordor things. I've had this game for ages, and had the full version back in the day. I got a new computer and ended up copying Mordor over to it from the old computer, along with all my other really old games.

Problem is, I seem to be missing a lot of files needed to play it. I've hunted down the vbrun300.dll and tried a couple downloads of the vbctl3d.vbx that I'm missing now, but can't seem to find the one it wants. I saw Slimey's website /used/ to have a .zip of all the .dlls and .vbxs you need but the links to all of the files he was hosting seem to be dead.

So does anyone have or know where I can find a copy of this .vbx? Or better, a .zip with all the files you need? I have a feeling that even after I get this I'll be missing something else.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 22 2007, 11:03 PM
Post #2

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Welcome Ralock! wave.gif

You can find the zip containing most if not all the files required to play Mordor here

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
Ralock
post Mar 23 2007, 05:11 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Member No.: 3,286
referrer:The interwebs

Thanks aardless, those worked like a charm. From what I've seen looking around, it seems like it's impossible to play the game with the original .wav sound effects enabled? Still will be great without them, I'm sure, but I keep expecting to hear those absurd combat noises from back in the day.

Also, didn't seem to be having any effect on the game but I was getting a error on boot: "Error 'Subscript out of range' occurred in MAINMOD:mdrUpdateLibraryFile!"

It stopped displaying the error after I cleared out all of the old .mdr files and restarted from scatch. I don't really mind losing my characters and starting over much, it's likely a file was corrupted (Mdata14.mdr most likely, I should have checked each file independantly).

Anyways, thanks again and if there's any way you know of to get the .wav sound effects to play on a Win XP machine, I'd love to hear of them.

+Quote Post
aardless
post Mar 24 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

I have an error on XP when I turn sound on too. Supposedly placing WavMix16.dll in Windows\System and wavemix.ini in Windows directory should fix it, but it doesn't work for me. You can try Windows\System32, but it shouldn't change a thing. sad.gif

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
bandieramonte
post Aug 4 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #5

Student

Member No.: 6,223
referrer:Google

QUOTE (aardless @ Mar 22 2007, 07:03 PM) *
Welcome Ralock! wave.gif

You can find the zip containing most if not all the files required to play Mordor here

Greetings to all!
I am have decided to finally finish this game after a 7 year long pause, where I had arrived to dungeon level 13.
Alas I have lost all the dlls and vbx files in my previous computer that this game requires to run properly and it is a pain to find them all.

The link you had posted is not working anymore since the server seems to have been gone.
Does anyone have all of these files lying somewhere?
Thanks.

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Aug 5 2018, 02:35 AM
Post #6

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

QUOTE (bandieramonte @ Aug 4 2018, 06:13 PM) *
Greetings to all!
I am have decided to finally finish this game after a 7 year long pause, where I had arrived to dungeon level 13.
Alas I have lost all the dlls and vbx files in my previous computer that this game requires to run properly and it is a pain to find them all.

The link you had posted is not working anymore since the server seems to have been gone.
Does anyone have all of these files lying somewhere?
Thanks.

I believe that it's the Visual Basic 3.0 runtime that Mordor runs on, at least according to the title of the OP and a quick Google search.
It might be easiest to run a virtual machine with WinXP since it should be compatible out-of-the-box; I don't think Mordor or M2 were fully compatible with Vista onwards

+Quote Post
bandieramonte
post Aug 6 2018, 03:23 PM
Post #7

Student

QUOTE (Danjen @ Aug 4 2018, 10:35 PM) *
I believe that it's the Visual Basic 3.0 runtime that Mordor runs on, at least according to the title of the OP and a quick Google search.
It might be easiest to run a virtual machine with WinXP since it should be compatible out-of-the-box; I don't think Mordor or M2 were fully compatible with Vista onwards

Ah is that compatible with WinXP as well?
That is wonderful. I will try with that OS and post back the results.
Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Roland
post Aug 6 2018, 05:32 PM
Post #8

Explorer

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 8,408

Try this link:
http://dejenol.com/forum/index.php?automod...amp;showfile=22

+Quote Post
bandieramonte
post Aug 9 2018, 02:41 PM
Post #9

Student

QUOTE (Roland @ Aug 6 2018, 02:32 PM) *

Whoa thanks! Those were exactly the files I was struggling to find.

I installed WinXP in an Oracle VM VirtualBox and though I can start Mordor and it works with music and sound, it is way too laggy when moving in the dungeon. Like I press the -> arrow to move, then it takes like half a second to actually move. Imagine adding up all the lags after exploring the dungeon.. no way
I am trying to figure out a way to solve this.

Update:
I could manage to make the WinXP within the virtual box run quite fast by enabling hardware virtualization in the BIOS settings from the host OS, just in case it helps anyone.
Now I am on my way to finishing the game for 1st time ever since starting to play in 1996.

This post has been edited by bandieramonte: Aug 14 2018, 09:21 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 05:29 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits