IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Re-Exploration
Guest_FakeBookUser001_*
post Feb 18 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #1

Guests

So after having an "Error: subscript out of range" error on the entry room of the dungeon which persisted for several days, I reset the map using the Map Editor to change it so that monsters could now spawn in the entry room. This, of course, meant I had to re-explore the entire Dungeon. Is there a better way of doing this or just to map out the dungeon for a certain level?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Feb 19 2013, 03:44 AM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (FakeBookUser001 @ Feb 18 2013, 04:51 AM) *
So after having an "Error: subscript out of range" error on the entry room of the dungeon which persisted for several days, I reset the map using the Map Editor to change it so that monsters could now spawn in the entry room. This, of course, meant I had to re-explore the entire Dungeon. Is there a better way of doing this or just to map out the dungeon for a certain level?

It doesn't take that long to remap an entire level, especially one that's no danger to your party.

It doesn't hurt to use the in-game backup feature now and again. I personally use it to exit the game every time, and occasionally make a copy of the backup folder.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
staph
post Sep 13 2013, 07:04 AM
Post #3

Apprentice

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,554
referrer:google search

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Feb 18 2013, 08:44 PM) *
It doesn't take that long to remap an entire level, especially one that's no danger to your party.

It doesn't hurt to use the in-game backup feature now and again. I personally use it to exit the game every time, and occasionally make a copy of the backup folder.

Hi, my in-game backup feature does not work on version 0.98b. It throws an error every time. I just manually backup all the folders, but I've lost the map a few times and it is totally frustrating. Any way to get my map back when it happens?

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 14 2013, 04:10 PM
Post #4

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

No, I'm afraid not. Regarding the error on back-up it's possibly your OS that is preventing rewrite to the folder you installed Mordor to. Try installing outside Program Files. You only need to back-up the Data subfolder.
Note to self, seeing the OP: what did I do to the Guests group! *facepalm*

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2019 - 09:49 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits