IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A couple of MXP questions/suggestions...
Danjen
post Feb 17 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #41

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

The only think I wouldn't be able to justify would be why it says "You have been found after 150 days!" when it doesn't seem to age your character, nor advance the game time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Feb 17 2011, 07:27 AM
Post #42

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

Oh, but it does. Try being found after 1000 days. Missing 3 birthdays... Do they have birthdays in Rohin?

I think the "age" should be a bit more precise. After using plenty of tomes on my legion of supercharacters, how much older are they than 16? A monthly age (paired with years, like 22 years 3 months), or age logbook would be nice. (Bob was aged 4 weeks, bringing his total age to 35 years and 1 month, Derek drank a vial of dragon's blood, decreasing his age by 5 years...)

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
thermopyle
post Feb 17 2011, 03:51 PM
Post #43

Vagabond

Member No.: 6,522
referrer:google

Danjen: What I meant is that I don't believe game time actually exists. There is not, as far as I can tell, any separate time within the game. Everything is based off real time aside from character aging (which advances individually for the character, but affects nothing else.) The only category in which game time could be argued to exist would be in how long it takes monsters to respawn, which is a buggy implementation of real time anyway and so counting it seems silly (the reason this could kind of be considered game time is because there's no reliance upon the date, just on time itself, which means that you could come back a week after clearing a room and in "game time" you just cleared it as long as you are revisiting the room within the same range of minutes.)

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Feb 18 2011, 04:35 AM
Post #44

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

Well, I never noticed it aging in any case. I just attributed it to dying a lot and being aged 7 weeks, 5 days.

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Feb 18 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #45

Infiltrator

Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

I think top end spells must be found, like in M2.

Word of Death, especially. ~40% through the game.
Soul Domination, kinda.

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
Sfon
post Mar 18 2011, 02:29 AM
Post #46

Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 690
referrer:Link from PP forums.

QUOTE (thermopyle @ Feb 2 2011, 12:30 AM) *
1: Opening chests: Why should I have to switch to my thief character every time I come to a chest? Why not set a default of him being the one to open them, then no matter which character I have selected, "o" has the thief do the task? This could be manually over-ridden in some way, for those wanting to take advantage of a fate trap, but it's just an annoyance that could easily be managed.

2: Similarly, healing. Maybe use key binding to allow the player to specify, for example "h" as being Heal cast by Character X? Again, it's annoying to have to switch characters all the time for this.

That could be handled by party buffers. Instead of having special exceptions for healing and thieving, it would allow a single implemented feature to handle all character-specific commands that way.
http://mordor.uni.cc/forum/index.php?showtopic=2615

--------------------
-Sfon- The wizard who rides in a magical cardboard box.

+Quote Post
thermopyle
post Mar 20 2011, 03:56 PM
Post #47

Vagabond

Member No.: 6,522

Yes, that's basically what I had in mind, I was just giving a couple of specific examples. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ShadowCat17
post Apr 16 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #48

Drifter

Member No.: 2,499

the sad thing is, if my Mordor character had died in the deepest levels when the MXP project started, and wasn't found for 3000 days, he'd still be waiting for MXP when he finally got rezzed back in town. I'm sure there would be complications too. can we just declare this a lost cause already?

+Quote Post
Crashland
post Sep 3 2011, 04:01 AM
Post #49

Teacher

Member No.: 4,781
referrer:Yahoo search engine

QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Apr 15 2011, 08:56 PM) *
can we just declare this a lost cause already?

I suppose this could just be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm not willing to do that just yet, at least not until a few more months.

--------------------
For some good reading, if you'd like to participate, or simply to pass the time, be sure to check out my challenge threads.

The Revolutionary Challenge
The Money Challenge

Can't wait to start a Mordor XP challenge.

QUOTE (DarkerMuffin @ Jun 16 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I stole Asmodeus's tax return!

+Quote Post
damned
post Oct 23 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #50

Drifter

Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

the game still not out yet? oh well.
anways about the trolls and healing / regen, mabey instead of healing by step or doing some kind of resting thing in the dungeon you could have them get a bouns like 75% extra healing.

EX: "minor heal" heals 4 HP, "minor heal" was cast on a troll, troll heals 7 HP

and you could have them age less in town with the free healing, as to how much? probaly should have the age reduced as much as the bonus % is (or increased if it's in the -%)

also if you pay to have them healed, since they dont need too much help, the gold cost is down ok.gif witch helps early in the game
(or mabey not, it's been a really long time since i've played mordor)

hmmm, with that healing % idea, you could make some races harder to heal, like the giant, since, well he can get some really big wounds, how much and witch races? up to other plp

btw, i dont know if this idea has been posted before, i dont have that much free time anymore to look

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying

+Quote Post
damned
post Oct 24 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #51

Drifter

Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

oh another idea here, shoulding be too hard to do and it make alot of sence when you think of it.

item lvl req.

the way i remember it, i had to change out items if i wanted to lvl in another guild, witch was really anoying esapaly if the item could be used in both guilds.

could we have it that once you have lvl'ed up to use the said item, you can use it in nearly every guild? or at least the guilds that the item can be used in?

and mabey if you can use a item in one guild but not in another, you get a penalty in whatever guild that the item is'nt for? but you can still wear it if you want.
EX: your char is a war and mage, you are wearing platemail, your mage spells have a 50% chance to not work or work at redused efect (but you have superior armor)

this would help a bunch i think for when you just starting to lvl up that low lvl guild after your allready lvled in another guild

This post has been edited by damned: Oct 24 2011, 02:14 AM

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 04:56 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits