post Nov 21 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Drifter

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 6,237
referrer:google

BETA VERSION NOTES

Version 0.9894b
Sorry for the hanging problems in 0.9893. They should be gone in this version. I've also moved the Automap from the dungeon window to the items pane window as a toolbar selection! Check it out!
- This is 3D version

Version 0.9893b
Okay, so 0.989b had a buttload of bugs. Sorry about that. Perhaps I can repay the users by removing the old-style multi-window UI and replace it with a new, cleaner UI? OKAY! In addition to that, almost all of the bugs in 0.989b should be fixed in this release. Another note -- the dungeon is nowhere complete -- I'm currently focusing on making the OpenGL version stable before I dive into customizing the dungeon. There's LOTS more to come, folks! Keep up the great testing!
- This is 3D version

Version 0.989b
This version contains the most drastic revision since Mordor 2 entered public BETA! Of couse I'm talking about the OpenGL dungeon. That along with many bug fixes as well!
- This is 3D version

Version 0.988b
This release features many bug fixes and a few small features (i.e. M1 item style in Bank & label only display).
- WANTED

Version 0.987b
Another Maintenance release with some new graphics! Let me know what you think!
- WANTED

Version 0.986b
This is just a maintenance release for 0.985b that corrects some of the known problems. Enjoy!
- WANTED

Version 0.985b
Okay, so I lied. The 256 color problem has NOT been fixed. I'm still working on it -- sorry for the inconvenience. Also, due to problems with compatibility, I was unable to incorporate the new V2.0 of the Sound Toolkit, which I was hoping would fix most (if not all) of the sound/MIDI problems that the handful of you out there are experiencing. We're expecting to solve the STK problems soon (hopefully by the next release).

In the meantime, 95% of the bugs reported to me since 0.98b have been FIXED in this version. AND to top things off, there's some NEW stuff in the game! You can now use custom character sketches! In addtion, there are New Quests, Monsters, Items, the Mazes have changed, and... You can now go down to LEVEL 5! Enjoy!
- WANTED

Version 0.98b
The 256 color problem is FIXED! Yee-haw! I also fixed the sound FX memory leak, which was causing many systems to hang for no apparent reason after playing for a period of time. I've also fixed the bounties, the deadliest monster killed, and the way that the game runs (time-wise). Bounties are no longer generated based on how long you rest -- they're generated based on how MUCH you play.
I also added the Mordor I style of inventory. I think many of you will be happy with this.
- we have this version

If anyone have one of this wanted versions please send me it on e-mail chifa.bayo(a)gmail.com

This post has been edited by devi77: Feb 2 2012, 12:09 PM

--------------------
I'm not a coder or hacker, i just love Mordor :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mordion
post Apr 7 2011, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Vagabond

Member No.: 3,924
referrer:The Super Seer

So I called an old friend of mine. I made him save a copy of it back in the day because it was the last version before it went 3d.
Good news is that he definitely has the disk. Bad news is that he's moved a few times in the last decade and doesn't know which box he packed it in. I'll be sure to upload it if he finds it.

+Quote Post
devi77
post Apr 12 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Drifter

Member No.: 6,237
referrer:google

it's a good news, thank you, if your friend can find this disk, please send me mordor on my e-mail: chifa.bayo(a)gmail.com

This post has been edited by devi77: Feb 2 2012, 12:09 PM

--------------------
I'm not a coder or hacker, i just love Mordor :)

+Quote Post
Braindead
post Aug 30 2012, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Zombie Master

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
referrer:;)

you can also upload it to the download system here smile.gif

--------------------
Do not PM me for support, if you have troubles running Mordor ask in the Technical Support forum!

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jun 29 2018, 01:55 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

Sorry to bump such an old thread (well, a lot of threads here are pretty old tongue.gif)

It does raise a good point, that it's important to archive old versions of games and software, since they can be hard to find. We might enter a time where specific versions or entire games are literally lost forever. MyAbandonWare and OldVersion have no hits, so I feel like Mordor is pretty niche as it is, unfortunately.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2019 - 11:05 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits