> Arrrrr, Matey!, The Pirate Challenge
Grk
post Sep 18 2010, 06:06 AM
Post #1

Journeyman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,266
referrer:google

Avast ye sea dogs and lubbers, Sunday the 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Aye, mateys, its a Pirate Challenge!

How smartly can ye can run the whole of level five armed only with a cutlass?

Any old tar can give it a try. But ye must go it alone, no swabbies, no magic, no companions, or well make ye walk the plank.

Post yer fastest time here, afore the witching hour. Winner gets a mug o grog!

--------------------
Grk

WARNING: This signature is likely to go all Kibo on your a$$ at any moment.

So I said to her, "After that Sex & the City episode, I can never see wheatgrass in the quite the same way."
And she replied, "Well, strawberries affect the flavor. I never knew about wheatgrass."
"Since you mentioned it, I'm curious about the strawberries. Do they improve the flavor?" As the implications of her
statement slowly begin to dawn on me, I can feel a flush rising across the back of my neck.
"I don't want to have this conversation. What, you've never tasted it?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Errr, no, actually... my predilections are such that I'd never taste anyone else's, and I've certainly never imagined tasting my own."
"I tasted mine. I always figured you were repressed. I'm really not having this conversation."

Moses the Clock Man: "Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?"

You are no longer able to finger the coke machine. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Blackadder the Third: "Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?"

Well, it's not crazier than waiting 18 years for Tales of the Gold Monkey to come out on DVD.

Note to self: Oblique sexual harassment of moderators is NOT a good idea. Unless it works.

Captain Jack Harkness: "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'Ooh, this could be a little more sonic'?"
The Doctor: "What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

Winners of the Braindead's Mordor Forum Siglympics:
Bronze Medalist: Junnart83, for "To die is not shameful, but better you than me!"
Silver Medalist: XaW, for "Sex is like air, it's only important when you're not getting any"
And the Gold Medal goes to Beefonthebone, for managing to namedrop T.E. Lawrence and the Seven Pillars of Wisdom in this forum
with "QUOTE (George Bernard Shaw (to TE Lawrence @ on the Seven Pillars of Wisdom)) "You practically do not use semicolons
at all. This is a symptom of mental defectiveness, probably induced by camp life."

<coming soon to this signature, two or three highly pertinent witticisms>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Sep 18 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

Grog! Nooooooo! Speak to me, boy! Speak to me! What has he done to you? Groooooog!!! Groh-haw-haw-haw-hooog!

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
Grk
post Sep 18 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Journeyman

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,266
referrer:google

QUOTE (Nudibranch @ Sep 18 2010, 07:50 PM) *
Grog! Nooooooo! Speak to me, boy! Speak to me! What has he done to you? Groooooog!!! Groh-haw-haw-haw-hooog!

Arrr, ye scurvy bilge rat, that's me mug o' grog, not me mug o' Grog! Here's me mug o' Grog!

Blast! That's not me mug o' Grog, that's me mug o' Grob! Now where's me mug o' Grog got to?

--------------------
Grk

WARNING: This signature is likely to go all Kibo on your a$$ at any moment.

So I said to her, "After that Sex & the City episode, I can never see wheatgrass in the quite the same way."
And she replied, "Well, strawberries affect the flavor. I never knew about wheatgrass."
"Since you mentioned it, I'm curious about the strawberries. Do they improve the flavor?" As the implications of her
statement slowly begin to dawn on me, I can feel a flush rising across the back of my neck.
"I don't want to have this conversation. What, you've never tasted it?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Errr, no, actually... my predilections are such that I'd never taste anyone else's, and I've certainly never imagined tasting my own."
"I tasted mine. I always figured you were repressed. I'm really not having this conversation."

Moses the Clock Man: "Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?"

You are no longer able to finger the coke machine. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Blackadder the Third: "Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?"

Well, it's not crazier than waiting 18 years for Tales of the Gold Monkey to come out on DVD.

Note to self: Oblique sexual harassment of moderators is NOT a good idea. Unless it works.

Captain Jack Harkness: "Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks, 'Ooh, this could be a little more sonic'?"
The Doctor: "What, you've never been bored? Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

Winners of the Braindead's Mordor Forum Siglympics:
Bronze Medalist: Junnart83, for "To die is not shameful, but better you than me!"
Silver Medalist: XaW, for "Sex is like air, it's only important when you're not getting any"
And the Gold Medal goes to Beefonthebone, for managing to namedrop T.E. Lawrence and the Seven Pillars of Wisdom in this forum
with "QUOTE (George Bernard Shaw (to TE Lawrence @ on the Seven Pillars of Wisdom)) "You practically do not use semicolons
at all. This is a symptom of mental defectiveness, probably induced by camp life."

<coming soon to this signature, two or three highly pertinent witticisms>

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Sep 25 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #4

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

shocked.gif

You're starting to scare me.

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Grog
post Nov 14 2010, 06:10 PM
Post #5

Mentor

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 162
referrer: Not since college

18:52

Mug-o-Grog here. This morning I took my 999lv Giant down to level 5 for a run at this challenge (he gave me a murderous look when I took away his lightning blade and handed him a cutlass).

He entered level 5 at 8:46:41mt (mordor time) from the stairs at 18,29,5 and emerged at 9:05:33mt -- 18 minutes and 52 seconds later.

Along the way, he made 511 kills, and gained 35,902 experience.
Also, he got hit for 222 - mostly falling in pits (despite levitating) and one short stint of being poisoned.

Booty? Why, yes: 1,731,643 gold and 18 items. He had to leave several chests magically locked. The dope has never gotten his thief levels.

He got bounced around by several teleport-trapped chests; but was also able to ethereal portal his way into a few areas, notably the room at 6,21, and the large area at 17,15.

At 11,30 he ran into an Imp. Of course these lousy little creatures are resistant to weapons, so it's still down there. Does this disqualify Finder's run?

Otherwise, he killed everything, peaceful or not, in the spirit of the game. No use trying to parlay a giant.

This was fun!

This post has been edited by Grog: Nov 14 2010, 06:21 PM

--------------------
It is against your ways to attack a Good companion

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 10:23 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits