IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aged to Death
Guest_slb1900_*
post Jul 8 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #1

Guests

While coping with the frustration of mapping Level 11 for the first time, I decided to come up with this as a diversion.

Conditions: Your newly-created character must keel over of old age and cease living permanently in the least amount of time possible.

Determined by: Playtime, in the Character window.

Intended more as a fun challenge than anything, there are a few gimmicks that can speed up the process. A Morloch is the best choice: their Constitution can go down to 3, whereas the Human's minimum is 5. A Human's worst raise percentage chance at Level 1 is 80-something%, but the Morloch's is 67%, resulting in more Failed Raises and more Complications. An unequipped, bottom-statted Morloch has an A/D of -12/-12, which means they'll get slaughtered even by Outcast Goblins. Morlochs have the second-lowest maximum age, 175 behind the Human's 100.

If this attracts some attention, I might post my own progress on it too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Twilight *slayer...
post Jul 8 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #2

Explorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,803
referrer:searching mordor on google

Im still a little confuse we will probley need alot of gold for reviving because all we are doing in this challenge is seeing how fast we can kill your selfs.

This post has been edited by Twilight *slayer*: Jul 8 2009, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_slb1900_*
post Jul 8 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Guests

QUOTE (Twilight *slayer* @ Jul 8 2009, 05:27 AM) *
Im still a little confuse we will probley need alot of gold for reviving because all we are doing in this challenge is seeing how fast we can kill your selfs.

A level 1 character is always paid for by the Guild.

+Quote Post
Twilight *slayer...
post Jul 9 2009, 05:48 AM
Post #4

Explorer

ya... didnt think about it , i guess you can stay pinned.

This post has been edited by Twilight *slayer*: Jul 9 2009, 04:39 PM

+Quote Post
Xaphania
post Jul 9 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #5

Explorer

Member No.: 2,960
referrer:I have my sources, most of them too simple for you to comprehend

QUOTE (Twilight *slayer* @ Jul 9 2009, 06:48 AM) *
ya... but your gonna level up.

Although I have not tested this, logic dictates that if you don't go to the guild to level up and still remain level one (even though you are pinned) the guild will still pay. Altough the game MAY be smarter than that - I do not think it would be, as no-one would intentionally miss out on levelling their character, unless they were participating in hillarious chalenges like this one. I might even have a go myself ...

** EDIT: I am not sure if it is possible to cease living completely, though the chance of keeling over spontaniously increases with age, as does the chance of complications (can you get 100% chance of that?) I know this has probably been discussed elswhere - but can anyone offer clarification

** FURTHER EDIT haha, after poking around the site a bit, I found that not only is there a whole topic on dying of old age - I was the last person to post on it. To avoid anyone making my summarily stupid mistake, when you have complications your HP goes down. I try to avoid having complications so I kinda forgot how that works, when your HP gets to 0 - you have officially ceased living - perminantly.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ... but is that what you mean slb1900?

This post has been edited by Xaphania: Jul 9 2009, 01:19 PM

--------------------
Iv're Sh'krina Nemos, Iv're Quentos Sh'krina Nemostes Diamante

Ede - Equ'st Equ'st

Div ' Niada Sh'krina

+Quote Post
Guest_slb1900_*
post Jul 9 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #6

Guests

QUOTE (Xaphania @ Jul 9 2009, 06:05 AM) *
** FURTHER EDIT haha, after poking around the site a bit, I found that not only is there a whole topic on dying of old age - I was the last person to post on it. To avoid anyone making my summarily stupid mistake, when you have complications your HP goes down. I try to avoid having complications so I kinda forgot how that works, when your HP gets to 0 - you have officially ceased living - perminantly.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong ... but is that what you mean slb1900?

To be completely honest, I've never had a character die of old age before, so I wasn't sure what I was expecting. I'm pretty sure that hitting 0/0 hits is the goal here, since that's definitely a permanent (if glitchy; died on level 0?) death. But yeah, that's pretty much it: having so many complications that your character can't even breathe anymore.

+Quote Post
Twilight *slayer...
post Jul 10 2009, 06:27 AM
Post #7

Explorer

how about you start us off? or we gonna sit here all day and talk about it

+Quote Post
Guest_slb1900_*
post Jul 11 2009, 06:47 AM
Post #8

Guests

QUOTE (Twilight *slayer* @ Jul 9 2009, 11:27 PM) *
how about you start us off? or we gonna sit here all day and talk about it

So far my current record is permanent death in 0.11 hours, according to in-game time. There's room for improvement; waiting for two Gredlan Rogues or Goblin Outcasts in the T-room in front of town would have sped up the process dramatically. As it was, there was just a Giant Spider in there, which would take at least two turns to kill me (or I'd have to run to one of its side rooms to meet a double Giant Centipede, but that's double the button-presses and effort) until I got down to about 6 Max Hits. I did it with a Morloch. Here's my proof of my best, character named Dummy2 after my original was a Human who took double that time:\.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Dummydeath.jpg ( 41.61K ) Number of downloads: 56

+Quote Post
grobblewobble
post Jul 16 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #9

Dungeon Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 134
referrer:Slimey's site

Believe it or not, but even for a character at 0/0 hitpoints there is hope. There is an obscure twist (some would say bug) in the game that you can exploit if you really want to save a character at this point.

Casting Raise Dead in the dungeon will restore HP to 1/0! Only Raise Dead works, Restoration restores HP to 0/0, so that the character promptly dies again.

This post has been edited by grobblewobble: Jul 16 2009, 09:51 AM

--------------------
Fear the Society of the Psychic Tyco

+Quote Post
Macrophage
post Jul 24 2009, 12:18 AM
Post #10

Student

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 409
referrer:Luck

QUOTE (grobblewobble @ Jul 16 2009, 09:49 AM) *
Believe it or not, but even for a character at 0/0 hitpoints there is hope. There is an obscure twist (some would say bug) in the game that you can exploit if you really want to save a character at this point.

Casting Raise Dead in the dungeon will restore HP to 1/0! Only Raise Dead works, Restoration restores HP to 0/0, so that the character promptly dies again.

It s been over a decade but I recall of one of my characters dieing of old age. I think I recall a pop up window saying character has died of old age or something like that. then the character was no more playable so I used a backup save at this point. but again it was over a decade ago.

+Quote Post
Twilight *slayer...
post Jul 24 2009, 06:13 AM
Post #11

Explorer

well one of you can hurry up and die and find out?

+Quote Post
Kingkirki_49
post Aug 3 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #12

Illusionist

Member No.: 1,203
referrer:Slimie's site

when my char get complications and i cant get stats to rise (lack of items) id get mad and intentionaly make the guy perma dead where he would die the second he enters the dungeon laugh.gif by having him die over and over

id be like "this is what you get for failing me!"

This post has been edited by Kingkirki_49: Aug 4 2009, 12:46 AM

--------------------
Ich kann 5% deutsch sprechen.

Visit my forums about dragon drawing and drawing in general today! You dont have to be able to draw to be a part of the fun!

(Please note: If it turns into a "Red X" from time to time I apologise. :( You may still click the x and it will take you to my site.)

When will we have the perfect computer? The following should answer the question.:
Myself answering this joke: At least if god has not branded computers as evil. There shall be no viruses or anything bad on heaven's pc's then and only then shall we have the perfect computer. lol

siggy last edited on 17/11/09 @ 8:19 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 06:08 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits