> Guilds and races
rb10c
post Jan 26 2011, 04:09 PM
Post #81

Infiltrator

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

what i'm trying to do is get generalist guilds as boosters, and true guilds to define the character.

i also try to make evil playable, in a completely different playthrough.

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danjen
post Jan 26 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #82

Veteran

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 3,498
referrer:Decklin's Domain

I think generalist guilds would be fine if their strength was their flexibility, but unfortunately, the gameplay of Mordor dictates that higher numbers are better.

+Quote Post
rb10c
post Jan 26 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #83

Infiltrator

Member No.: 3,954
referrer:i'm a DIEHARD FAN!!

what i try to accomplish is that each alignment has their own strength, and the generalist guilds are there to fill the gaps.
SO; a good character has paladin, but no thief. the scavenger gives it a push in the thieving district.
a neutral character has thief, but has warrior to aid in fighting
An evil character has villain, but scavenger to help thieving.

--------------------
http://macjams.com/artist/rb10c - my music site!
mordor, my favourite game EVER!!

QUOTE (rb10c @ Feb 14 2011, 03:22 PM) *
Darn, I went off-topic on an off-topic topic. Who's going to go off topic on this off topic, off topic topic?

+Quote Post
damned
post Oct 24 2011, 12:06 AM
Post #84

Drifter

Member No.: 370
referrer:serched

just an idea here but, how about changeing the aliment system? here my thoughs on this, and my spelling somewhat sucks.

races have their G N E aliments (ok that has'nt changed) but it does'nt affect witch guilds they go into (much).... i'll explain this a bit more.
{i have not played mordor in a long time so i will probaly get some deitails wrong}

guilds (exept for the oviousle good, nutural and evil guilds) are restrectied by race type (really, how can dwarfs be thiefs? their fingers are too thick) and witch other guilds you join into (i dont see a pally and scav or pally and ninja ever being together in the same char, somewhat oposing phiolosaphies there, i can see other plp disagreeing though)

EX:you got an elf, your elf can only be G or N, you pick G, now for some guilds, you pick war first, some magic guilds are closed off now, you pick pally seconed, now some thiefing guilds are closed off, next you pick seaker, most of the guilds (if not all) are now closed off

about the good, nutural and evil guilds, IMO it's:

good = palliden
nutrel = thief
evil = villian

again the rest of the guilds anyone can join, so long as the guild will accept that race, yes that means healers can be evil or good and sorceres can be good, nutral or evil
you can have the G,N,E aliment applied to some spells, so the evil healer can get morcal spells, but mabey not the better end high lvl heal spells ...... hmmm i can see alot of tweaking/balancing with this......

why am i even doing this? i'm sure braindead, crusher and the rest have this question seteled allready sleep.gif

--------------------

—Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology.
—Murphy's reformulation of Clarke's law
Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a rigged demonstration.
—programmers' restatement of Murphy's reformulation of Clarke law

If you eat a live toad first thing in the morning, nothing worse will happen all day long.
—California saying
To you or the toad.
—Niven's restatement of California saying
well, most of the time anyway . . .
—programmer's caveat to Niven's restatement of California saying

+Quote Post
Roland
post May 2 2017, 11:37 PM
Post #85

Infiltrator

Member No.: 8,408
referrer:Google

Is anyone still thinking about this?

One suggestion here was to make Healers good instead of neutral. In Avatar, I think the logic for requiring Healers to be neutral was so that any Healer could resurrect any other character in the game. A good Healer would never be able to resurrect an evil character. If all Healers had to be good, this would put the evil alignment at a huge disadvantage.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2020 - 08:34 AM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits