kyll
post Aug 21 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Journeyman

Group: Members Plus
Member No.: 2,365
referrer:google

Hi,

As my title says I am looking for these information (version 0.98) on monsters, actually their text that describe them (not their stats), someone has it that information?

For information,I know you can find this info in a file in the game directory "Data", but there is no name in this file, just a big bundle of text without space, which helps really not.

Sorry for my bad English. (I'm French)

Thank you in advance.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 23 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #2

Goblin Shaman at work (used to be: on strike...)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 18
referrer::yahoo:

Mordor Customizer shows the text description for each monster, it's found under Customise button, then Monsters tab. I don't have 0.98 installed but I think the editor should be able to handle it. Your English is fine!

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

Most off-topic topics are off-topic - fart642000

+Quote Post
kyll
post Aug 24 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #3

Journeyman

Thanks for reply, but have a strange bug:I copy the editor exe in the same as mordor II 0.98,I run the editor and in the options,I indicate the "Data" directory of Mordor II but when I click on the "Customise" button (or any other button)
I get an error message: " Execution error '50003' " and the editor closes automatically.

Maybe Mordor II 0.98 is not compatible with the editor. sad.gif

+Quote Post
aardless
post Aug 25 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #4

I get the same error using version 1.80 of the Customizer, but I'm using a virtual machine (VirtualBox in my case).
I have googled it, and it seems it is a problem of mismatched dll or ocx files (the editor was written with Visual Basic 5 and it needs that specific version of some support files). So I ran a search for tabctl32.ocx, since it is in the M2 folder, and saw that in windows/system32 I had an older version of it. So I renamed it to tabctl.ocx.old and copied the one from the M2 folder into the system32 folder. This now gives a "runtime error 5", which I remember seeing many years ago, but I do not remember how I fixed it. I think it was fixed by finding the VB5 runtime file (that would be "vbrun500.dll" or "vb5run.exe") on the web, but I can't find it now, all links I tried are red herrings or the download doesn't start at all. Another possibility is trying the reqfiles.zip from the M1 downloads section, but it is somewhat doubtful that they fix problems with M2.

--------------------
If money doesn't grow on trees, why is it that banks have branches? - sig of a guy on a chinese forum

+Quote Post
kyll
post Sep 1 2014, 11:35 PM
Post #5

Journeyman

Thank you for your help, it's nice of you, I have not managed to get hold of the dll file, anyway I finally gave up.

But in the meantime I created a list of 198 monsters with their description, I know there is a wiki about this game but it lacks the "additional information" about the monsters, so if someone is interested to update
this part of the wiki I could help. ; ) (I could do it myself but I never participate in a wiki in my life, and I'm too afraid to do something stupid ...)

Again, thank you for wanting to help me run the editor, even if at the end I finally change the method on how to get my info.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Sep 2 2014, 03:54 AM
Post #6

Fire Master

Group: Mordor MP Prog
Member No.: 71
referrer:search

QUOTE (kyll @ Sep 1 2014, 07:35 PM) *
But in the meantime I created a list of 198 monsters with their description, I know there is a wiki about this game but it lacks the "additional information" about the monsters, so if someone is interested to update
this part of the wiki I could help. ; ) (I could do it myself but I never participate in a wiki in my life, and I'm too afraid to do something stupid ...)

There's nothing to it. Wikis are basically simple word processors which remember every draft ever saved. Which means if you screw something up, all one has to do is load the previous revision and save it to fix everything.

You could just post your list here, too.

--------------------
I would have started with lasers. Eight o'clock. Day one.

+Quote Post
kyll
post Sep 3 2014, 11:41 PM
Post #7

Journeyman

As promised I have updated the wikia, the list of monsters from level 1 is almost complete: it lacks the "Clean-Up" monster. (I'll redo the level 1 and I would end up finding it)

Level 1 Monsters

I would continue to make further update later.

In fact I have a question, I found a monster that is not listed on the wiki:
"Dungeon Pirate" someone could you explain to me how am I supposed to add to the wiki?

Thank you in advance.

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Sep 4 2014, 04:52 AM
Post #8

Fire Master

If you search for a page that doesn't exist, the wiki software gives you an option to "create this page". The direct link in this case is http://dejenol.com/index.php?title=Dungeon...amp;action=edit

Thank you for adding info to the wiki, by the way. If I may suggest, can you note that the additional information comes from Mordor 2?

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyll
post Sep 4 2014, 06:14 AM
Post #9

Journeyman

Thank you for the information, you mean I have to add something in the style of:

"Additional Information from Mordor 2:" on all monster files ?

Right ?

+Quote Post
Nudibranch
post Sep 4 2014, 08:06 AM
Post #10

Fire Master

Yes, that'd be perfect. ok.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 4 2014, 03:44 PM
Post #11

Wow amazing! Thank you! I'd change that to "Monster Description from Mordor 2", but "Additional information" is good as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyll
post Sep 6 2014, 08:05 PM
Post #12

Journeyman

Thanks, I'm happy to help. smile.gif

I just finished adding all the creatures of level 2,(no miss) and I have discovered something on the level 1:in Mordor 2 095./098,the "Clean-Up" found in his lair only exist in Mordor 1,on Mordor 2 if you go on his lair each time you get "Floor slime"
and never the "Clean-Up",Even the Seer tell "that creature don't exist" (trust me I checked Mordor 1 and it appears only on this version.)

So,there will be no added information on this creature. Another thing,from level 3 and more, even by repeating several times the levesl,I can't find the following monsters:

Level 3 miss: conjurer,daemon,firagon,nakovant,scylla,swashbuckler,warrior spirit.

Level 4 miss:air elemental,element mage,kaelmeon,lynch demon,morgul,orange gremlin,pelagon.

So if a veteran player can find the infos for this monsters (or any others levels) ,it will very appreciated smile.gif

Thank you in advance.

Edit: Level 3 list updated,still miss some monsters. (see list above)

This post has been edited by kyll: Sep 6 2014, 08:31 PM

+Quote Post
aardless
post Sep 18 2014, 09:57 AM
Post #13

Most of those monsters are fairly rare in M1, and I think David Allen simply copied over the location and related spawning probabilities for most monsters in the initial iterations of M2, so they'd be equally rare in M2. dry.gif Hopefully somebody has the information you seek.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyll
post Sep 27 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #14

Journeyman

My guess is if I get an error message from the Seer when I try to enter the name of a creature, that only mean this creature doesn't exist in the game.

Otherwise I've updated the wiki page for levels 1 to 12.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th August 2019 - 08:15 PM
Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft
Copyrights and Credits